Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_Fail_Inc

Discussion in Completed Maps started by Tony Montana, Feb 7, 2012

1. Jul 4, 2011
    At last, after all this time, my very first zombie map is done. Most of you know me as a ZE freak and may be asking yourselves why I didn't make that instead, reason being they're a lot harder to make and this was more of an experiment to learn the basics of Hammer. Testing of the map earlier today went well, we found a few bugs which have now been fixed, let me know if you find any. Thanks to Luffaren, Kaemon and Purpzz for their kind help regarding the problems I've had, big thanks to FirewavezZ for helping me optimize the map.

• 64 spawns
    • Lots of hiding spots
    • Optimized
    • Secrets
    • PlagueFest banners & an office for Retslag :tongue:

http://www.gamebanana.com/css/maps/163519

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Enjoy!
  2. May 5, 2011
    Looks nice Tony. Great Job =) Cant wait to play it.
  3. Mar 26, 2011
  4. Dec 3, 2011
    [font="'Comic Sans MS"]Oh my, Tony this looks very nice for your first zm map![/font]
    [font="'Comic Sans MS"]Keep mapping, you seem to have some hidden secret skills there :grin:[/font]
  5. Oct 20, 2011
    Awesome Tony. Is hammer a program to make CS maps?
  6. Aug 1, 2011
    Nice looking map, looked around it checking out different spots. Also, I hate you for putting that Friday song in it, lol. Nice work on it.

The only spot I found that concerns me as an illegal spot is this rooftop. I couldn't find a teleporter or anything that would remove a player from staying up there and that would make it a ledge spot.

[IMG]
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Jul 4, 2011
      There is a zombie-only teleporter to get there, located somewhere... :thumbsup:
    • Dec 6, 2011
    • Feb 1, 2011
      Holy shit this looks tight! Can't wait to play it, Tony. I had no idea you were making a ZM map, sweeeeeet! There's too many ZE maps anyways :razz:
    • Jul 28, 2011
      Looks awesome, I'm about to test it out :grin:

Edit: Just tested it, looks like a lot of fun.

Ready to infiltrate!
    • Oct 17, 2011
      i have played the map with tony early on zm and great job on ure first map tony and to all helpers like firewavezZ who optimized the map pretty well and no bugs or missing textures were found. I just got on suggestion: i hope u fix those 2 spots where me and sexypanda told u about and put a clip or something and nothing else but a great job on a fantastic map :thumbsup:
    • Feb 18, 2011
    • Oct 29, 2010

On a more serious note (just my opinion, as Friedwavezz mentioned in this review): Is it possible to make the outdoor light/skybox scenery more interesting? (Example: late afternoon, where the sun is low and light is very warm and golden)
    • Jul 4, 2011

Well it is possible but I wanted it to be a bright day.
    • Oct 29, 2010
      It was only an opinion lol. I can't wait to play your map when I return. . .
    • Oct 8, 2009
      GREAT map. i love it. especially the secrets, very unique, i've never seen a zm map like this. keep it up.
    • Dec 3, 2011
      We played it WITH Tony offcourse :grin: Showed me some nice secrets i would not even think on to make lol!
      Its nice detailed, many spots, open spaces and little spaces like it should be, the gameplay is really 50/50 and i like this map more then any other zm map.
      I am a real escape freaky, but when that map is on zm server, i will join for sure :grin:

Tony, now its time for you to make an escape map so you also have a map with your name in that server :grin:
      I would like to see what you can do with an escape map since u already have many inspiration in that zm map.
      Keep it up, you are doing it really good for a new mapper! [IMG][IMG]

[IMG]
    • Feb 24, 2011
      The looks of this map is really nice indeed, especially for being your first one! Good job :thumbsup:
      And yes i agree with Michelle, you should try out for a real ZE map since you have so many possibilities within pretty much everything!
    • Jul 4, 2011
      I'm glad you all like it, I will most likely start working on a ZE map when I figure out what to do. :razz:inch: