Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Legal zm_Fail_Inc_v3

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by Harvey, Feb 22, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 7, 2010

Although the barricade prop was built into this zm map with good intentions, as you can see in the image it can be completely abused. In fact people are now building stairways to the sky and destroying the barricades behind them making it impossible for zombies to tag them.

Based on the impossibility of zombies to tag the humans on these "sky barricades" the prop will need to be made illegal.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dec 7, 2010
      Hopefully the map will be modified to remove the prop altogether or make the prop gravity sensitive so "sky barricades" would be impossible.

Until issues with the prop has been corrected its use has been made illegal: http://plaguefest.com/wiki/zm-Fail-Inc-v3/
    • Oct 29, 2010
      I'm very against making the entire thing illegal.

Josh and I had talked about this the other day as people were doing this, I think it would just be easier to enforce them as ledge spots if they get out of reach like you're referring to.

I understand the difficulties with something like this but to make the use of something with so many legal uses because of one issue just doesn't seem right.
      • Agree Agree x 7
      • Dec 7, 2010
        I am sure that Tony will be able to make the necessary map changes to prevent sky barricades from being created making this issue moot.

You have to keep in mind that the original purpose of these props were meant for ze servers to slow down zombies not for camping.
      • Oct 29, 2010
        Perhaps lowering the ceiling would help, but making the spawned props gravity sensitive like you said would ruin so many uses right off the bat.

I just hate to see something unique like this to be ruined because of a few people's lack of common sense.
        • Agree Agree x 4
        • Dec 7, 2010
          Unfortunately the lack of common sense has been rampant with this prop as sky barricades is only one of the issues with its' use. I've personally observed players use this prop to entrap other players, blocking passageways. On ze this would be considered griefing but since barricades are a part of life in zm, its abuse is not completely clear. If you build a cade with vending machines and someone comes by and destroys it, the intent is clear. If you use this prop to entrap other players, establish barricades in their path to prevent others from following you (which this has happened on numerous occasions) does this count as griefing or breaking a barricade if they follow you? On zm, its purpose can become muddy and unclear. What was clear was for its abuse, especially in the creation of the sky barricade.
        • Jul 20, 2010
          Well harvey you can pretty easily tell when someone is using a prop to grief on servers. Not that hard to tell when someone is doing it. With the stair case building that can be seen as a ledge spot that their in which is easily enforceable as a ledge spot that they made. I'm not gonna punish the person that got boxed in by some random jackass with that item I'd warn the guy with the item and tell them to stop griefing players.
        • Dec 7, 2010
          If you guys want to create a laundry list of rules for its proper use, I'll leave it up to you guys.
        • Oct 29, 2010
          I feel like you're over-complicating this, instead of a list of it's proper uses, we just have to enforce the obviously illegal uses.
        • Dec 7, 2010
          For example if barricades are erected in a passageway to prevent him from being followed by other humans, on ze the circumstances would be clear. How should this be ruled on zm (as it happens often)? If the person following breaks all the barricades should they be punished?

I'm asking as its unclear to me.
        • Oct 29, 2010
          No different than if someone shoots a vendy trying to get someone stuck in a doorway, shooting the vendy away wouldn't constitute cade breaking, if they are using it to grief punish the player.
        • Apr 9, 2007
          I'm so lost with this. I see no reason for the whole thing to be banned. As Momo has pointed out there are legitimate use cases for the said object (or whatever it is, a gun?). The above image is clearly "illegal" as it's a climb to the Sky thing. Zombies have no chance in hell of breaking those...
        • Dec 7, 2010
          That is why I was hoping that Tony would just add gravity to the barricade props so they couldn't be used in the air. The same physics properties used in Minas barricades.
        • Dec 7, 2010
          Since my peers feel so passionately about the use of this prop barricade, I'm going to remove its use restriction and leave it up to them on use enforcement.
        Thread Status:
        Not open for further replies.