Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Legal zm_firewall

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by dillinger, Jun 20, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 1, 2011
    Some players from the 24/7 Panic server have been bringing up this spot to me, asking for it to be illegal. It could definitely be a ledge spot, but I have witnessed plenty of failures there.

Since I got so many requests, I'd like to hear what you all think!

[IMG]

Edit: This screenie is kind of confusing...

The spot I'm referring to is the invisible glass box those guys are standing on. The only way to get in there is by hopping from the small platform in the bottom left of the picture. Zombies can access the platform either by jumping up from the white truck (the area the two humans are aiming at), or by dropping down from above.
  2. May 15, 2011

Even with a few humans its still possible to get in.

I actually kind of want to modify it a bit. Make the ledge a little lower so that you can run onto it instead of having to jump.

Or as someone else suggested replace the glass textures with solid ones so they can't always see what's happening.

Your thoughts.
  3. Feb 1, 2011
    Thanks for the quick response Dirtbag! I don't play 24/7 Panic too often, so I appreciate a response from a mapper/player who is a regular there!

I personally don't quite know either way as it definitely falls in that grey area of "cheap".
  4. Jul 14, 2010
    I'd say it's one of the most questionable spots ever. If you were to edit it maybe the solid walls thing would be a good idea butI think this may ruin the spot. How about adding another spot zombies can jump up from other than the white truck? I like the idea of lowering the ledge too.
  5. May 15, 2011

Yes.

If I get the okay to edit it I'll do the lowering.

However the textures. You're right.

Taking them away may make the spot too hard for zombies.

The humans will no longer be distracted.

And that's half the reason that spot comes down so easily.
  6. May 16, 2011
    I always use to go there when i played on the server, its a good spot. but really in my eyes really hard for any zombies to get the humans if there firewalling.
  7. Feb 23, 2011
    Good players dont get distracted like that. Infact if you make that into a wall atleast it gives zombies a chance to sneak in. I think I had suggested that before.
  8. Dec 7, 2010
    Yes, I completely agree that this spot is ultra cheap but with someone who is highly skilled that spot can be easily defeated. It actually becomes easier when there are more humans in that spot as the platform is quite small and the humans are more susceptible to a zombies reach. It becomes more difficult if there is only 1 human camped in the kitty corner of that area, but I have seen many skilled zombies succeed. It will appear impossible if you have a combination of a skilled human with amateur zombies, but then again any spot will appear that way with the right set of circumstances.

Lets take a look at what makes makes a spot truly illegal; If a human camps in a tube, he can easily hold off any number of zombies even if they are highly skilled. Unless that human is completely inept, that tube will be a complete win every time. This is not the case with this spot. Yes, it may be ultra cheap, but has it been defeated many times in the past and will be again in the future. Unfortunately it will typically take a zombie with a high degree of skills and/or team work to do it but, it can be done and is the reason why it should remain legal.
  9. May 6, 2011
    Difficult spot yes, but if zombies work together the humans would not be able to survive long.

Geez team work, team work.
  10. Feb 1, 2011
    Well said, Harvey! You can lock this if you want :razz:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.