Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_firewall_pF_2 stairway prop congestion

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by MAD Lt. Pikachu, Sep 27, 2014

1. Aug 30, 2013
    I'm curious to know what other players think of this area being blocked at the start of the round. Do you guys think its fine or annoying or what?

I know it pisses me of as its the only way underground and it takes like 2 minutes to clear it and make it past, not to mention people complain when players shoot it out.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Oct 29, 2010
      We've had a thread about this previously, and I think I was okay with it initially as it seemed like a decent way to "cade" the passage and slow the zombies down. Since then it seems like the only people actually doing this don't bother trying to live at all, they just shoot everything toward the entrance and end up dying while stuffing it further and further, this leads me to believe that they are only doing it to grief. I've made a habit of clearing the area as best I can every round when I see players doing this.

I'm definitely against it now that I know why players are doing it. As far as what to do about it? I'm not really sure, it'd be a bit slippery if we were to try and enforce against it.
      • Agree Agree x 3
      • Nov 11, 2011
        There was a discussion and the consensus was that blockading that early in the round is liable to be broken. If it occurs after zombies have spawned, it is fair game.
      • Aug 30, 2013
        I clear it to and then have like 5 people sooking about how I broke their cade but its a main area so as far as I wast aware it can't be considered cade breaking
      • Jun 29, 2014
        i shoot it out also , its not a cade therefore your not cade breaking , still funny when stuff is flying everywhere
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Aug 2, 2014
          Yeah it can get pretty annoying sometimes haha
        • Feb 2, 2014
          Let one of the culprits speak about it. ^^
          @Beggar So
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Jul 14, 2010
            Probably wouldn't enforce anyone breaking it since it's a main passage, and not enforce anything against the people doing it.
          • Feb 25, 2014
            Ow just for lols, if we make anything fun illegal why not just stop playing.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Oct 29, 2010
              What's fun about this? From what I can tell the only "fun" people get out of this is at the cost of their teammates.

We have a word for that.
              • Like Like x 3
              • Informative Informative x 1
              • Feb 25, 2014
                Well don't ask me I can see why they do it. It also happens on breeze and other lila related maps. I know not everyone apriciate it sometimes including me but I see no point being annoyed by it, I see it as a prank.
              • Dec 27, 2012
                I made a thread regarding the same issue..It's always the same people who blocks the stairway with props with the sole intention to troll and nothing more. I myself would overlook this if people actually used that place as a cade but its only use whenever I'm on is to annoy people.
              • Jan 5, 2014
                Pikachu, I understand you were pissed, but I was kidding when I said you were cadebreaking. Don't take it too seriously. I know it's not a "protected" barricade. I always bitch about how Bomber "breaks my cade" and how "his ass cancer has finally spread to his balls". He knows I'm joking (I hope), and I don't get mad when he shoots away my props.

First of all, it's actually a good, viable barricade. It's not hold-able, but it's still a good barricade nonetheless. It prevents zombies in the basement from getting the humans on-top. It prevents zombies on-top from getting the humans in the basement. It immediately cuts down the amount of zombies that are able to attack.

I don't do the staircase cade because I enjoy griefing or trolling (I do, but I don't really troll/grief on PlagueFest). It's fun to me because it's different and creative. Most people have a very static, narrow idea of how zombie mod should be played. I've seen players bitch about unlimited ammo. I've seen players bitch about a lack of barricade spots. I've seen players bitch about hold spots. I've seen players bitch about camping! The point is, people will always find a way to bitch about something. If it doesn't cater to their every whim, they'll find something to bitch about. If it's something outside of their control that they don't like, they'll bitch about it. If it doesn't fit into their narrow worldview of how things should be, they'll bitch about it.

I do the staircase cade because it's a way to play zombie mod with a little outside-the-box thinking. I do it because it's actually a good barricade. A lot of the talk about trolling is simply psychological projection. Any enjoyment I get from watching the zombies try to break through the barricade is incidental. It's merely a byproduct of the situation. It's not why I do it.
                • Agree Agree x 2
                • Like Like x 1
                  Beggar So, Sep 28, 2014 Last edited by Beggar So, Sep 28, 2014
                • Aug 30, 2013
                  A prank is a one of thing, having it happen time after time not to mention there is like 4minutes each round so by the time you get around it, there goes like a minute or 2
                • Feb 25, 2014
                  Zombies should tag those people fast then, not like they always can carry it out in time.
                • Jun 29, 2014
                  lol , your reactions are why i keep coming back i love it!
                  • Funny Funny x 1
                  • May 31, 2012
                    The only time I ever enforced anything there, when previously an admin, is when zombies were building a cade there; I think it's fair game for CTs to do it. I think it's fair game to "cade break" that location since it's a main passage way. I always felt like zombies shouldn't be building the cade there because it inhibit access and griefed against their team when others would ztele or spawned into the game.
                  • Oct 29, 2010
                    This is definitely true, if zombies are helping throw props down the stairway, I always put a stop to it.

This would matter if you even tried to live, every one of you that do this just sit there and pile props up until you get stabbed. I don't think there's a good way to even attempt making this against the rules, so I'm not bothering trying to stop it, but this sugarcoating of why you're doing it is bullshit.
                  • Jan 5, 2014
                    In every single instance that I do the staircase cade, I make every attempt possible to survive. It's just hard to survive because I'm in an open space surrounded by zombies. I don't stick around with my dick in my hand waiting to get stabbed. I'm sorry if you feel that this is sugarcoating, but that's simply you projecting your experience onto others.