Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Legal ZM_firewall_pF_2

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by MAD Lt. Pikachu, Feb 27, 2015

1. Aug 30, 2013
    It isn't so much an "Illegal spot" per sae but it seems once the book case is in this position, it is impossible for anyone to get up as it can't be turned to fit down the steps etc. Everytime I have seen the book case in this position and done properly i have never once seen the zombies manage to get the humans so as far as I can see its a really unfair spot / setup. Happy to hear others thoughts on this, most of you know where it is, its the tower part on top off the map near the CT spawn point.

Attached Files:

2. Aug 2, 2014
    You can RB to the tower from the tower right in front of it. :beer:
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
    • May 31, 2012
      I'd say setting it up and getting it done correctly is about the same as someone as setting up a cade of vendies in a small room. There are many examples but I'll post two of what I mean:

from zm_lila_panic
      [IMG]

and from the same map in question (zm_firewall)
      [IMG]

I was too lazy to look through demos to find people who set up a "working" cade in each spot, but I am certain all of us have seen these spots in action.

In a short summary, I believe the spot and method should remain legal because it's similar to other types of cades.
    • Oct 29, 2010
      It is definitely unbreakable once setup, but it typically takes some time to get it into position and is very often ruined by randoms ("must shoot everything in front of me!") who don't know what purpose it serves, add the fact that you can run boost to the spot if the top isn't being watched and it makes it stay within legal bounds in my opinion.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Zing! Zing! x 1
      • Aug 30, 2013
        run boost is hard though when being shot at
      • Feb 8, 2013
      • Jan 25, 2014
        legal zombies can rb and if they work together they can actually move the bookshelf back up ive seen simba cat do it on his own before where somehow he flipped the bookcase onto the 3rd floor and we died
      • Dec 27, 2012
        I dislike the idea of making a spot illegal only because it has a nice cade setup. I don't have much to add, previous posts says pretty much everything. Also, you actually CAN flip the bookcase as a zombie but it seems to work at random for me, at least in that spot.

There is however a third way to get up on top of the tower but certain conditions has to be met in order for it to work.
      • Dec 17, 2007
        I think this would fall under the category of "super cade", it's much like the spot I mentioned in admin general discussion on crazy city, where a player put a vendy in spot making it virtually impossible to get to. It was deemed that a spot would not be illegal based on props alone.

I do have to agree w/momo that it's not that easy to get the book shelf up there w/the time required and the fact that there are nubs that like to just start shooting props other ppl are using.
      • Feb 8, 2013
        If you're thinking about the vendy glitch that only works a tenth of the time, then it really isn't considered a third way. It's just the luck of the draw.
        Post Merged, Feb 28, 2015
        I don't see this being a cade. It does take time for people to shoot the thing up there, and like any other spots, it can fail, but I see no talent in shoving a prop into a narrow gap and blocking the path.
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • May 31, 2012

[IMG]

Could you clarify to the rest of us on your new definition of a cade? It might help if you explain how the other cades require talent and are not props being shoved into a narrow gap to block the path.

Anyhoo: What's the point of disagreeing on this one based on the fact that both of you agree that this should not be illegal? He may have implied there was some talent required in it but nothing more compared to any other cade.
        • Dec 27, 2012
          @Orange If there are a lot of zombies on the server, some that are willing to communicate, then this is by no means a "luck of the draw".
        • Feb 8, 2013
          I don't know if I worded it wrong, but I meant exactly what I meant. You can replace the appropriate word with "cade" if you want, but in my definition, a barricade is heavy amounts of objects stacked into one spot to block a path.
          Post Merged, Feb 28, 2015
          I'm going to ask again. Are you speaking of the vendy machine glitch where it acts as a spring and it bounces you up a couple feet high? If we're on the same page, then that is definitely luck of the draw. These glitches and bugs aren't 100% reliable. It can fail more than the chances of two players syncing up in run boosting.
        • Dec 27, 2012
          I am referring to just that. No, it's not purely made out of luck. If you read through my first post where I stated "certain conditions has to be met" then you should already have understood that this is not only made out of pure luck. If the server is crowded, there is a 99% chance of this working.
        • Feb 8, 2013
          No. I still don't understand, sorry. From what I've seen, it's pure luck. Maybe in your mind it isn't. Seems like you claim and credit yourself for a lot of "possible" routes to the problem, but for the time that I've played with you, I've had yet to have seen these be done. Show us the way, sensei.
        • Dec 27, 2012
          If that is what you believe, then you've missed the point of what I just wrote. I'm not here to
          start anything nor am I here to talk crap so I'll end it with that.

Conclusion: I think the server definitely should remain legal. For many various reasons already written.

EDIT: Me being drunk = GG. Server = Spot
          • Like Like x 1
          • Feb 8, 2013
            I've started with the intentions to end with exactly this, but I've been swayed a bit off topic, as always.
            I'm not here to start crap, but it seems that every time I comment, someone's going to disagree with me, which is absolutely O.K.
            You already know me well enough to figure out that I only believe when my pair of eyes see it to be true. I'm in no doubt it's possible. Gomenasai, but please, SHOW. ME.
          • Dec 27, 2012
            When I have time, when firewall is being played, when it's crowded, and there are "certain" people willing to communicate then yes, I can and will.

HOW MANY ASDFG TIMES DO I NEED TO EDIT THIS POST BEFORE IT STOPS SHOWING UPSIDE DOWN WTF
          • May 5, 2011

Pikachu, I do see your point since it is quite hard to get them unless by RB, but people who are quick RB'ers (some people I know are) can definitely get them easy. (I think it is possible to RB from another spot but I have yet to try that.)

About the other spot mentioned, (that corner spot) the best way I find easy to get them is to be able to have a zombie be able to stack up and press down on the top vendy, but most of the time no one does that so that makes it harder to kill CT there.

Best Option for both these spots. . . . . leave CT there and give them 0 pts.
          • Feb 8, 2013
            • Agree Agree x 1