Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ZM_Food_Wars

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by Drearystate, Aug 10, 2013

1. May 12, 2007
    Hey guys, I'm making a map that will have some restaurants as well a convenient store in it, I am making these to scale as well and trying to get down any details I can. So far I have Applebee's, Olive Garden, McDonald's and A Circle K inspired convenient store. I will post some screens soon. If you guys think of anymore restaurants you might want to see in the map please let me know.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Jul 23, 2012
      I'd recommend not naming them by the actual names because it's possible for you to get into some copyright issues there.
    • May 12, 2007
      I could see that if I was making a profit from it but im not. It should be fine.
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Apr 12, 2012
        Profit is only one of 4 or 5 things that is taken into account when considering copyright infringement, FYI.

However, this isn't even an issue of copyright, its an issue of trademark. Whether you're making a profit has even less to do with trademark infringement than with copyright infringement. Just be careful.. worst case will probably be gamebanana not hosting it for you, but any of the companies whose trademarks you use could take legal action against you :/
        Andrew, Aug 10, 2013 Last edited by Andrew, Aug 10, 2013
      • May 12, 2007
        right, i know it may be a trademark issue if i misrepresent any of those companies, that is why i am making exact replicas, worst case scenario I have to change the logos and their names to make them similar.
        Post Merged, Aug 10, 2013
        But thanks for your input. On a side note, does anyone have any other restaurants they would like to see?
      • Jan 21, 2011
        • Jul 23, 2012
          Fucking Costco dude. Those massive places with high as fuck shelves and shit.
        • Jul 1, 2010
          "Infringement may occur when one party, the "infringer", uses a trademark which is identical or confusingly similar to a trademark owned by another party, in relation to products or services which are identical or similar to the products or services which the registration covers."

Confusion is a major part of trademark law, and in order for confusion to be established there needs to be marketing and a bunch of other things (not to mention the fact that I don't see anyone trying to eat anything.. but I guess one could take a dive at their monitor). Not really seeing a problem.
          • Like Like x 1
            Dharkk, Aug 10, 2013 Last edited by Dharkk, Aug 10, 2013
          • May 12, 2007
            lol, can do sir. it will take a while, do you think i should leave it empty or put alot of stuff on the shelves?
            Post Merged, Aug 10, 2013
            thats what i wanted to hear sir. I will make the map with what i have and add more buildings in later i think.
          • Jul 23, 2012

I'd say a good portion to be full of stuff, like 3/4ths full, and 1/4th of the top shelves empty.
          • May 12, 2007
            ok, that will take a while. I will finish it with what i have then add that as the later version of the map. I need to find floor plans for costco now :smile:
          • Feb 19, 2011
          • Feb 11, 2012
          • Mar 4, 2012
          • Jun 23, 2011
          • May 12, 2007
            Ok, so do you guys think this map would be too big with all these places in it?
          • Feb 1, 2011
            LOL is that a play place at the McDonald's? Fuckin sweet dude

Sent from my SGS3 w/ Tapatalk
          • May 12, 2007
            yeah, im thinking about making it rotate as well.