Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Illegal zm_forgotten_town

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by Jed, Mar 25, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 3, 2012

Possible ledge spot encountered on zm_forgotten_town. Testing with Tony, it is possible to reach the very edge of the roof by stacking a vending machine near it. Only strafing is needed to reach it.

Any other opinions on it?
  2. Mar 24, 2014
    I don't think we should use it, because they will just shoot the vending machine away then their be no way of reaching it.

But other then that it is a good spot.
  3. Jan 25, 2014
    I would wait and see if zombies can find a way up first. Since it is such a new map I would give it a bit of time since its so hard to get up there anyway.
  4. Feb 27, 2012
    I've decompiled the map and taken a look at it. This is what it looks like.

This is the side Galaxy and I tested this on. A little bit of a trick jump, but not too hard. Can be done with a vendy and then a jump around on your own (tested it with donator half zombie) but you definitely need the vendy for a boost, as you barely make it onto the side of the roof with it as it is.

The other side is a little easier to get up. This one, you could probably just use a boost from someone, or a vendy. The clip doesn't extend out to the side, so it's much easier to get up.

This last way to get up takes some pretty badass trick jumping and timing, so it's almost not even worth trying, and it requires a boost from another person to get up. You have to curve jump out of the vent and to the red sign, but you have to time the jump in such a way that you don't hit your head on the vent. There is absolutely no clip on this side, so once you and your friend manage to get on that sign, it's no problem getting up. If 2 people manage to get up there, one could easily just cover that spot and shoot zombies off, while the other guy just watches the spot in the second screenshot.

Now, keep in mind the first 2 ways require you to VERY CAREFULLY surf to the back of the building and go on that side, which isn't a surf and you can easily walk up. The surf is barely possible as well.

There are no teleports or secret ways up. Unless someone can find an easier way up that i must have just overlooked, but i'm confident there is no other way up.
  5. Feb 3, 2012
    Bump. Spot in question is deemed illegal from past observations and tests. Only one entrance is accessible as stated before.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Feb 27, 2012
      • Winner Winner x 1
      Thread Status:
      Not open for further replies.