Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Illegal zm_forgotten_town

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by Momo, Aug 16, 2014

1. Oct 29, 2010
    Both of these spots seem like ledges to me. I'm short on time atm, wanted to get the pictures up before I had to leave, will post more when I get to work.

[IMG][IMG]
  2. Oct 24, 2013
    When players who can bhop well enough are on, the spots are both obtainable. The first spot doesn't require much effort to get either.

-FORGOT MY COMMA!!
    Grape, Aug 16, 2014 Last edited by Grape, Aug 16, 2014
  3. Feb 25, 2014
    It's the same as Tredux it all depens on who is there and who will be spawning as zombie.
  4. Dec 17, 2007
    i've seen both spots get owned many time before, the first pic there is two ways to get up there, just need zombies that aren't noobs and just start jumping up and down like their on speed or something.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Jan 25, 2014
      I think you can boost into that window I may be wrong but it looks to me like if someone sat in the window and they boost someone on him they could get up there
    • Sep 25, 2010
      Me and momo tested out climbing up the windows but the default skin can't get up the roof. Has anyone ever boosted up on the roof without donator/admin/witch motherzombie skins?
      Detonator, Aug 16, 2014 Last edited by Detonator, Aug 16, 2014
    • Oct 29, 2010
      I'm not sure what kind of bhop will help you get to either of these spots.

From what I could tell at the second spot, there's 1 window that's a possibility to boost someone up, would need 3 zombies and the one getting onto the actual roof would need donor jump (as far as we could tell.) The second spot is similar in that, with 3 zombies, it can be boosted up to.

The problem is, with both of these spots, the only alternative way up is just another ledge that can be easily defended.
    • May 31, 2012
      To be honest, I've never seen these spots get owned unless the players weren't paying attention or someone was griefing their team ie. letting zombies up or launching zombies to the location.
    • Feb 25, 2014
      Maps like these just need more decent spots, AKA in the houses etc people clusterfuck due the lack of them. I find it at some other maps too, so much potential down the drain.

Edit: when i play this map i hardly see any zombies on the most obvious spots because no zombie cares to check them, Also maps like this one aren't made to cluster fuck, Tredux is for cluster fuck and cluster fail, just like officespace and some other maps.
    • Oct 29, 2010
      Have tested the spots with both Deto and Tony now, looks like these will be illegal if I don't hear anything more convincing than "So and so can kill people up there" or "I've seen it owned before."
    • Jun 29, 2014
      would adding another way up to the roof spot help?
    • Dec 17, 2007
      on the first pic...i don't see why it should be illegal...there are two ways up there, just takes a little team work but it can be accomplished...the roof is a different story, but can't it be fixed by putting a secret teleport up there or something similar?, honestly it isn't really any different that the one tower on endless where only bhoppers can get too, but that spot isn't illegal
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Oct 29, 2010
        I don't really see the similarities, the only way to defend the spot on endless is with a sniper by picking zombies out of the air, and even if you can do that efficiently, they can run-boost from the bridge to get onto the tower.

If the second way up were even remotely legitimate, I would probably be okay with it, but it's a super tiny ledge that requires 3 zombies to get onto. Even if a trio were actively using it, it would take 1 guy just glancing at it every few seconds to keep them easily at bay.

It's fine and dandy to want this done, but this thread is regarding the current version of the map. If the map were to be edited, of course these spots would be re-evaluated.

I'll hold off on adding either of these at least until I can see the map in play a couple more times, would love to see some live tests on these spots before coming to a final decision.
      • Dec 17, 2007
        that would actually be similar to the first pic with stacked tanks, all you need is team work to get up both sides, just like endless you can either bhop from the tower over the bldg or as you say rb with another zombie to get to that middle tower

i got up there real easy, and yes i did have admin jump, but at the same time like on endless is a regular player really going to be able to rb or bhop over to the middle tower?

for now i can agree with this being illegal due to there only being one way up and no other way to get up there
      • Feb 27, 2012
        It's possible. I can show you if you'd like.

IIRC there are 2 ways you can bhop to the middle tower, as well as RB. So that's 3 ways. And you're at high speed for the bhops, so this makes it entirely different.

I've said this before, the whole point of endless (and colossus) is to bring Bhopping INTO the game. It's an awesome way to get players to learn a new skill. I've already seen a lot of regular players (non-donators) using this skill. It's not like they're some insane bhop tricks to get to any of the spots. They're all VERY straight forward.
      • Dec 17, 2007
        it's possible to get up the second way in momo's first pic, i can show you that if you like

Again momo's first pic, it is a great way for regular players to learn a new skill called team work all they have to do is work together

Thats great if they want to learn it, but NOT all players want to take the time to do it, and i think you have to fair to them as well, it's ZM NOT a bhopping server

If it was then EVERYONE would be able to do it and i wouldn't be mentioning that spot or using it as an example
        • Like Like x 1
        • Feb 27, 2012
          You're comparing 2 things together that in no way can compare to each other. if you want to discuss about maps and bhopping, or whatever it is that you have an issue with the map that is a legitimate concern, you can create a new thread. from what i am reading these two maps/things have absolutely nothing to do with each other what-so-ever. It's like you're saying cows and dogs are the same because they both breathe. so unless there is a way that these two maps/spots compare in any way to each other, go ahead and state it. if not, start a discussion with your concerns of bhopping being required to get players in certain spots.
        • Oct 29, 2010
          You seem to have misunderstood the key difference of this spot, not that comparing the two have any real relevancy to begin with. Both ways up to the stacked tanks are ledges, this is what makes the spot particularly strong, too strong by the looks of it.

A simpler example would be a room only accessible by two crouch vents, regardless that it has two entry points, it's still going to be illegal. Of course there are exceptions, maybe they're crouch windows and not vents, shallow enough to jump through with a decent jump; this spot would still fit the profile of an illegal spot but might not be listed since it's easy enough to get inside despite the crouch only entries. This is probably why it's not already illegal, of course it's possible to overcome this spot, I've seen plenty of illegal spots fall to enough zombies, this doesn't mean they should be taken off the list. This is simply about balancing the gameplay as best we can.
        • Dec 17, 2007
          You're the one that brought up bring bhopping into the game, i was merely trying to use endless as an example as why we shouldn't make momo's first spot NOT illegal, DON'T get mad bc i broke down your post and made valid points or bc not everyone agrees with the great lsa tony says.

Momo's if I did, it was in no way trying to make you look like an idiot or be a douche bag trying to start an argument, i was just trying to defend that spot bc yes i have seen ppl get up there with team work and own that spot. Not to mention i have brought up similar spots in the past but was rejected bc everyone said i was just complaining, not saying that you are but it's the shit that has gone on. As i stated before with your second spot i can agree with making it illegal bc there is really only one way to get up there and unless a zombie is launched to that roof then yes it can be a ledge spot

either way as far as i'm concerned i'm done with this. mark it as you all see fit
          Aphilion, Aug 16, 2014 Last edited by ORANGE-THE LAST TANGERINE, Aug 16, 2014
        • Oct 29, 2010
          I feel like I missed a couple of invisible posts or something, I'm not entirely sure what you're on about here.

I'm not sure what's gone on with other threads while I was on hiatus, but that's probably better left behind. The smallest of differences can make two similar spots vary in legality, so comparing spots really only gets you so far.