Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_freeway (Working Title)

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by MoonChickenDogRat, Sep 24, 2012

How do the visuals so far appear to you?

Poll closed Oct 1, 2012.
Very attractive and fitting. 4 vote(s) 80.0%
Looks better than the average Zombie Mod Map. 1 vote(s) 20.0%
I still think X and/or Y needs work. 2 vote(s) 40.0%
This map looks bad. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
This map looks very bad. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sep 24, 2012
    For the past few months I've been working on a zombie mod map for CS:S, fortunately CS:GO recently came out so I ported it to CS:GO.

It still has a lot of work to go through and I would love any constructive criticism and/or suggestions.

Here are some of the CS:GO pictures:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Here are some of the original CS:S pictures (No longer supported unless the GO version proves popular):

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Download here
  2. Oct 17, 2011
    Neat. Keep up the good work and it seems like a cool idea of having an abandoned place like that. My suggestions are: make a lot of cading spots and camping spots that can be fun and good and add some rocks and cactuses for more detail and design and take your time on the map. Good luck and nice job on it.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • May 15, 2011
      Looks nice. Can't wait to see the finished product, and a proper 3D skybox. :thumbsup:
    • Sep 24, 2012

Should it be like a desert colosseum? Or should the highway go on forever?

Ideas?
    • May 15, 2011
      I think a more realistic effect would be best. You don't have to make the entire world accessible, but add bumpy terrain surrounding the highway. I'd suggest studying some canyon pictures of Arizona and... and... wow, uh, that really big hole? It's a big attraction and- THE GREAT CANYON! Fuck how could I forget that. :/ Possibly make the cliffs smaller though, so the players don't feel boxed in, but give them the feeling they have no other choice but to go forward. Anything after the hills and possibly something to block off the front/end of the accessible parts of the highway. Possibly even could make an avalanche effect make the players deviate into the canyon, and across/near a river. Make the world feel open, and not so closed.

Idea!
    • Nov 11, 2011
      It looks epic bro :wink: Sorta similar to a map I did but never released. Lawd, I am like @Dirtbag , I have like 8 unreleased maps :wilt: But yeah, definitely work on a skybox, make hills and rocks (some good models available in HL2 and CS:GO) and cacti, etc. Use images from Google as a reference, it really helps. Good luck with mapping, it looks really neat!

EDIT: SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT THE FOG OKAY?! It was something I started working on it but stopped :razz:

zm_abandoned_highway_rc010000

zm_abandoned_highway_rc010001

zm_abandoned_highway_rc010002

zm_abandoned_highway_rc010004

zm_abandoned_highway_rc010005

zm_abandoned_highway_rc010007
    • Sep 6, 2010
      I like that your map looks bright and clear and not eye sore. Keep up the good work!
    • Sep 24, 2012
      Anyone know where I can find some good cactus models?
    • Nov 11, 2011
      gamebanana.com
      Or extract them from HL2/CSS models. I know there are several.
    • Jul 28, 2011
      I personally am not a fan of some kind of hill or cliff containing the level. I think it would look a lot better if the desert and the road just continued on as far as the eye can see, and maybe make a mine field for the border so that players cannot go outside the boundaries. Maybe add some mountains / plateaus in the distance? Oh, and dinosaurs. Any map with dinosaurs is a good map.
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1