Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_goldstar_vs1

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by Super Mario, Jan 23, 2012

1. Oct 17, 2011
    Whats up guys, i have been working on my first map and it is named zm_goldstar_v1s and its a zm map tho. I am not fully done of it yet but i decided to give it a test today with retslag and invited some people to join with us. The map looks fine as a first map and people liked it tho. I thank Johny, Kronus the bonus, Haplo, Akademikz, Harvey(who joined one minute thank god), Grudge, Pinkie Pie for joining and helping me find the errors on my first map that ive been working on for 5 month. I am pleasurely telling u that my map will be completed in 3 days fully i think and will psot it and fix the errors that we found. Here are some of the pictures that i include on my map:
    This picture shows why my map is called goldstar
    [IMG]

Here are some of the fun stuff i also made on my map:
    [IMG]
    This is a sprite gun that switches from one color to another and rotates around the awp it looks really nice with really cool colors
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I hope u enjoy those pictures and also the map testers that told me to make the map lighter, here it looks way better now and lighter and all errors are fixed and if u got any suggestions for me on this map i would be honored. Thank u.
  2. Dec 6, 2011
    This is an awesome first map. I like the large, open layout of the main area. Although I'd like to see this map at dusk with somewhat bright lighting to look like a nice little lit up city.

All in all, this map looks very nice, I'll make sure I nominate the shit out of it in ZM until I can play it (when it comes out).

Nice job on this :thumbsup:

Side question: Are there any secrets in the map? You don't have to say what they are but I'm just wondering if I should be looking out for a secret little room :wink:
  3. Oct 17, 2011
    there are 5 secrets on this map and thank u quietly i appreciate it when i tested the map 3 hours ago it looked awful but i jsut fixed the sky and the errors right now and the map looks better, there is also dualies that make u go fast in a secret spot that ive worked on too
  4. Dec 6, 2011
    You shouldn't have said that lol, now everybody will be trolling for the dualies. Also, you should probably PM me all of these secrets for um.... testing, yea testing. :tongue:

Also, are you going to consider making the time at dusk giving it an eerie atmosphere? In my opinion I think it'd be a cool addition to the map.
  5. Jul 4, 2011
    I suggest you set speed on the player having the dualies rather than parenting a trigger_push which makes the player unable to stand still. Other than that, looking good Mario, not bad for a first timer. Can't wait to have it on the server. :thumbsup:
  6. Nov 2, 2011

But yeah looks nice on the picture. Superb job mario. :thumbsup:
  7. Oct 29, 2010

Can't wait to play it though!
  8. Jul 28, 2011
    Wow Mario I gotta say, you improved the lighting a ton since this afternoon. Good work :grin:

Things I think you could change (most of which I think I already pointed out to you):

• teleporting to the top of the slide gets you stuck
    • missing texture on that crate we all pointed out
    • make that one brush with the area portal texture into a func_areaportal
    • remove the clip around all of those vehicles near ct spawn. I don't understand what it's for!
    • Don't think I don't recognize those ugly lila_panic stairs just re-textured!!!!! You can make better ones!
    • The water in the middle is really deep, even though there is nothing at the bottom (except for a tiny something)
    • The room with those dualies has a bunch of crouch spots
    • The secret with the "hazard zone floor" or whatever would be an illegal spot. Maybe you could make a trigger_multiple at the beginning, which activates a delayed teleport to jail. This way ppl can't camp there like noobs
    • This is just a stupid suggestion I have that you probably won't do... but make it so ppl can hide in between each of those little plants around the border. Lulz.
    • I donno if you added cubemaps, but if you did type "buildcubemaps" in console when you run the game. Note that every time you do this, it will add to the bsp file, so try not to do it too much or the file size will grow without needing to
    • Maybe make something around the border that pushes you along for speedy transportation from one side of the map to the other. That'd be awesome
    • Add some more spots for humans, maybe some more cading spots
    • Make an account on gamebanana!
    • Don't show anyone the secrets. Let them suffer! Make them WORK for the secrets!!! Bwahahaaa :devil:

Again these are all suggestions, but it's looking like it will be a lot of fun :grin:
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Add all of this to the map and it'd be one of my favorite ZM maps. atix_heli is still at the top though (barely, since it's old and boring to some extend), wish somebody would update it and make it look even better =P
    • Feb 21, 2007
      just remember to post it in the "map suggestion thread" when you have the final version