Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Illegal zm_gorodok_v1

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by Tony the Tiger!! :D, Sep 10, 2014

1. Feb 27, 2012
    Only way in here is through 3 crouch spot vents. Those doors do not open from any where else. Only from the button on the inside.
    [IMG]
    This is the secret armory after the "gears" secret. Only way in is through the crouch vents. IDK if they can come from both vents, i think only 1.
    [IMG]
    And lastly, this spot. Only way in is through the vent as well. The gates by the moving piston things don't open anywhere except for the buttons in this room.
    [IMG]

@Soft Serve told me there is no way to open the any of the doors from anywhere else. I haven't confirmed it yet myself.
  2. Feb 25, 2014
    This map was made for reload limited ammo server, so these spots you show us are no way breakable as zombies with no reload unlimited. Just make them Illegal or make some secret buttons somewhere else like in school so you can open them from the outside and mass rape the campers.
  3. Jun 29, 2014
    need to verify whether or not there is a button somewhere to open it from the outside
  4. Dec 17, 2007
    wouldn't it be better just to take this map off of rotation?, bc that's three additional illegal spots to the three that are already illegal.
  5. Oct 24, 2013
    I love that spot.:reallypissed:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Feb 21, 2007
      • Apr 2, 2011
        This would make sense to me, but on the other hand (a couple years ago) I remember several maps that had 7+ illegal spots and we played them all the same with little issue. I don't think that having 6 illegal spots is ground for a map removal. But then again I it isn't 2 years ago.
      • Feb 27, 2012
        I don't have time to make any edits anymore. If i'm going to be mapping, it's either going to be porting csgo maps, or making my ZE map that i'll probably never finish anyway.

Anyways, for the first spot, there is no other way to open the doors inside. There is only 1 input via button for each door. The other input is to make it start open when the round starts.

Second spot, same dealeo. Only 1 input and that is from the button on the inside.

and again, 3rd spot is the same. Only 1 input and it's from the buttons on the inside.(shows 3, one is for each door)

Unless there's some crazy secret where the inputs are hidden (which i extremely doubt) then all of the spots should be illegal
      • Mar 26, 2009
        I've been over the map with a fine toothed comb, there are no other ways to get to those spots besides the vents.

I'm currently working on another entity edit of the map to fix a few more griefing spots, I'll just add these spots to the list of things that need to be fixed. There are three ways I can fix the rooms with the jail bar doors:

1) Change the jail bars into func_breakables and remove the trigger buttons.
        2) Make the jail bars automatically re-open after a set period of time and have the triggering button have a cooldown of like 30 seconds before the bars can be closed again.
        3) Remove the jail bars and buttons entirely.

I'll probably go with option #2 unless someone suggests otherwise.

As for the piston room, I could reverse one or more of the doors so they always stay open and do like option #2 above.
      • Dec 17, 2007
        that corner just taking up too much of your time?...it's ok i'll let you have some free time back

as for the spots i've looked through the map when it was first on rotation and there were a lot of areas that can be illegal, to include the ones mentioned. I didn't see any other way into them or any other secrets that anyone knew
      • May 12, 2007
        We have admins for a reason, they can monitor those spots, just make them illegal until we find a switch if one exists.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Mar 8, 2013
          i'll add this here so i don't have to make a new thread.

in @GiGaBiTe 's entity edit of the map, he added clips to keep players from getting to the power lines. the problem is that you can bhop to the top of one of these clips and proceed further down the lines, which makes it a much worse illegal spot than it was before.

this is me standing on the clip. it's an easy hop from the cliff.

[IMG]
        • Jun 29, 2014
          make it easy and just remove the power lines
        • Mar 8, 2013
          not possible with an EntSpy edit. the power lines, or rather the brushes that provide a surface for you to stand on, aren't entities, and as such can't be changed without doing a full recompile.
          • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
          • Sep 7, 2014
            I have attached a .vmf that I decompiled for review, preferably for tony. I have not had time to review it or look at any of the triggers, false walls, code breaks etc. If you look at the inputs & outputs you should b able to trace what goes where.

EDIT: Maybe we can collab and remake this map for pf servers only & change some of the codes and spots etc.... Let me know.

Attached Files:

• Sep 7, 2014
            Update: So for the second picture where your standing on the stack of concrete in the armory, the vent on left is breakable and leads to nowhere, the caution texture is a func_door & has a secret button which I have not found yet. The vent on the right is breakable and also has the caution texture which also happens 2 be a door and leads into another area (with the anti-decompile prefab on your left :victory:) with a breakable wall which has a keypad behind that also. So the only two ways in are via that vent and the door which you have to unlock to let someone in.

As far as the First and Last pictures go the last one with the three doors, that is the only way to get in there & the pistons have a blocking damage of 1,000,000 so good luck getting thru there & the first one only has the three vents like you said.

So as far as im concerned unfortunately id vote to make illegal atleast the second and last areas / pictures. The first one can be broken into unless you have a massive amount of players in there which will all turn into backstabbers anyways. Besides id say around 75% of people do not know of these areas and we have only discovered roughly half of the secrets in the map.
            TheOne!, Sep 11, 2014 Last edited by TheOne!, Sep 11, 2014
          • Mar 26, 2009
            Here's a fix that addresses all of the pointed out illegal spots:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5i11fd07sk6pnpn/zm_gorodok_v1.zip

Changes:
            - The rooms with the jail bars (besides the room with the pistons) have been made so the bars will open automatically after 15 seconds and the trigger button will have a 30 second cooldown.
            - The room near the rotating gears is another exception and has a 45 second delay with a 15 second cooldown on the trigger button.
            - One of the three doors blocking the pistons in the piston room has been reversed and stays open by default. It can be closed for 15 seconds before it automatically opens and the trigger button has a 30 second cooldown.
            - The barrier on the powerline has been extended to double the height, plus hurts were added around the barrier and on the light attached to the power pole.
            - Both underground doors unlocked by the knife switch on the power box are now unlocked and opened by the knife switch and cannot be closed. This was requested by several players due to people griefing the doors.
            - The open/close sounds on the concrete lid in the graveyard has been changed to something more suitable.
            • Like Like x 1
            • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
            • Jun 29, 2014
            • Feb 27, 2012
              I'll still mark these spots as illegal, since they are. They'll be added until @retslag1 can update the fix. It should be tested to be reverse compatible with the original BSP first (sometimes entspy doesn't play nice even though you preserve the checksum)
            • Sep 7, 2014
              Checksum of the bsp I thought it used md5? Also I was thinking players who redownload the map with the same name would have mismatched files and wouldn't be able to join other servers that run the same map.