Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Legal zm_hangar_pf1

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by Satin Storm, Jul 27, 2013

1. Mar 8, 2013
    the way the helicopter is set up, it works like a HL1 train. this means you can control it; set it to different speeds, stop it, and even reverse it.

basically imagine you're controlling one of these:

[IMG]

because of this, humans can stay in the air indefinitely, making it impossible for zombies to reach them.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Feb 3, 2012
      Sometimes the helicopter glitches and humans will usually fall out. This has happened to me before.

Also, the helicopter slows down around 2 platforms for zombies to jump on. With a train of zombies, It wouldn't really be impossible at all.

Tony the Tiger!! :grin:
    • Nov 11, 2011
      I've never liked that helicopter since zombies can only get one, maybe two shots per round at the helicopter. In essence, it's a floating ledge spot so I can understand your concern. Need more opinions before we make a vehicle illegal. I say @Jermaine [pF] can do a simple edit and increase the speed of the helicopter so zombies can get more stabs at it AND change the path the helicopter takes so it comes down to several platforms instead of only two.
    • Mar 8, 2013
      the point is zombies get zero chances if a human inside knows how to control the speed of the chopper.
    • Feb 27, 2012
      Why was i tagged? I didnt make the map :S

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using Tapatalk 2
    • Nov 11, 2011
    • Feb 3, 2012
    • Sep 25, 2010
      This is irrelevant to whether a spot is illegal or not.

Seems that you didn't understand why satin thinks this spot should be illegal.

The helicopter can be controlled by humans and they can stop it in mid air which definitely makes an illegal spot if zombies can't teleport into it.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Feb 3, 2012
        In that case, I would say It's illegal. :dontknow:
      • Nov 2, 2011
        Hello, the chopper is not controllable, zombies get about 3-4 shots at getting the humans inside. on 2 different platforms.
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Nov 11, 2011
          Hello to you too good sir! I miss you! :heart: I wish you could alter the path of the helicopter like I did in my atix map. Have the chopper come down to several platforms instead of just hovering in the air.
        • Feb 3, 2012
          I didn't find any switches that stop the helicopter. :wilt:
        • Mar 8, 2013
          think of the helicopter as a big button. aim at the floor, press E (this will lock your movement), then use W and S to control the speed. press E again to exit control mode.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Feb 3, 2012
          • Mar 8, 2013

[IMG]

to disable manual control, "No User Control" needs to be enabled.

edit: wrong flag. but you can disable HL1 train too as it's a legacy flag.
            Soft Serve, Jul 27, 2013 Last edited by Satin Storm, Jul 27, 2013
          • Feb 11, 2012
          • Feb 27, 2012
            Holy crap, i never even noticed you could do that. Yeah, that would for sure make the entire chopper illegal. Because you could have it sit all the way on the other side of the map where no zombie could get you, and you'd live the entire round. I like Satin Storm's suggestion, and Sajaks that it should come down on more platforms.
          • Nov 2, 2011
            Oh damn, I didnt know that. Ok will fix it once i get the time lol.

Never thought someone would want to control the chopper since the aim is to shoot at zombies while up there.

Thanks for seeing this.

@sajak miss you bro!!!!!!
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Oct 29, 2010
              Being that the helicopter is a pretty popular spot, rather than enforcing it as illegal, just enforce the players exploiting the controls. Just a temporary fix until Jermaine can get us an update.
              • Like Like x 2
              • Agree Agree x 1