Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Illegal zm_hanger_pf1

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by Tony the Tiger!! :D, Sep 20, 2013

1. Feb 27, 2012
    Every time a player or players go into this spot, they shoot all the props onto the elevator, and they end up glitching at the bottom on the entrance of the elevator, which makes it impossible to get them. It is against the rules to glitch props in doors and elevators, but i don't think there has ever been a time where this spot wasn't glitched with props.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Jul 14, 2010
    I don't think we add spots that get glitched, but because they are purposely glitching, the player(s) can be dealt with warn->kick->ban for glitching.
    I'll see what others think though :shock:
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dec 27, 2012
      I agree with Penguin. However, making the spot illegal might not be a bad idea because most of the players will shoot the props onto the elevator either way. Props are to be used, not to have them as ornaments. I guess you can use them to just block the door at the second floor but I highly doubt there would be anyone who would actually do that instead of shooting all shit onto the elevator instead.
    • Feb 27, 2012
      zm_krusty_krab_a3 has similar spots where there is a button to spawn the prop, but if you press it twice, the two props get stuck together, and almost never come apart, hence why it is illegal.

http://plaguefest.com/attachments/zm_krusty_krab_a2-08-jpg.1285/
      http://plaguefest.com/attachments/zm_krusty_krab_a2-07-jpg.1284/

So if that is so, shouldn't those spots be removed, and just be watched for people who troll it?
    • Feb 3, 2012
      From looking at the screenshot It looks pretty impossible to me. As PeNguiN said we don't usually add spots that get glitched.

I'd have to look more into this spot.
    • Jul 14, 2010
      Difference is that button can be accidentally spammed and it is spawning props, not purposely shooting them into a closing door. Example being on base winter the doors in the secret upstairs have this issue when players glitch them but those spots aren't and don't need to be illegal since it's intentional by the player. If we made all door spots that can be glitched illegal we'd have to add a lot of spots like bathroom stalls with vendies etc. Seems easier to just take care of the player, but I'm not completely opposed to not adding this one spot. Sent with phone may be errors in this
    • Feb 27, 2012
      I absolutely agree with you, i thought you were saying something differently. The only reason i think it should be added, is the fact that every time player(s) go up there, it just ends up in the elevator getting glitched. And if it's not the humans glitching it, it's the zombies below accidentally or purposely knocking something little like an office chair underneath the elevator, also getting it glitched. It just seems like a really bad spot period, and too many issues arise from players going there.
    • Feb 3, 2012
      I feel like the only reason the cades are there is to glitch the elevator. >.>
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jul 14, 2010
        I tested the spot and it does seem like once the cades go into the elevator, the spot becomes pretty tough for zombies even without glitching it. I'll see what the other @Wiki Editor people think.
      • Feb 3, 2012
        I tested this spot out a few minutes ago and in my opinion, I think it should be added.
      • Jul 14, 2010
        While I think the spot is fine if the props aren't shot into the elevator, it's a good point that the spot is pretty much designed to shoot the props into the elevator, making it impossible to move them.

Decided to add the spot: http://plaguefest.com/wiki/zm-hangar-pf1/

Will leave this open for a day in case further discussion is needed.
        • Winner Winner x 2
        • Aug 1, 2011
          Different map, but same issue. zm_arctic_bunker_v1a has an elevator in the garage leading to the 2nd floor. Usually quite a few people go up there and tend to throw props onto the elevator to glitch it out.

One thing I would recommend to map makers and editors is put a 'trigger_teleport' set to 'Physical Objects' around the elevators. People trying to glitch props will be disappointed when the items disappear.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Feb 27, 2012
            That map isn't as bad for that. People usually just go to the OP spot in the corner. Once in a while i have to warn players not to glitch that one.
          • Jun 19, 2013
            This map should be taken out the rotation completely, IMO. It kills the server every time we play it. :pissedoff:
          • Jan 24, 2011
          • Oct 29, 2010
            Thanks for reminding me why we sometimes locked these threads. :silly:
            • Zing! Zing! x 1
            • Jan 24, 2011