Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_helterpanic_pf1

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by Helter-Skelter, Nov 16, 2011

1. Feb 19, 2011
    Here is the map I have been working on for a while. I give you guys permission to do whatever you want with it, because this is my first map I'll let you guys make it more professional looking. I really want to see how well it plays so get it out on the server as soon as you can.
    http://www.gamebanana.com/maps/161372
  2. Aug 8, 2011
  3. Feb 19, 2011
    That's the goal but it hasn't been tested so I don't know.
  4. Aug 8, 2011
    DANG!!! prefer barricades not cheap spots
  5. Jul 28, 2011
    I just saw this on GB and was about to check it out :thumbsup:

You should post it here though

Map Suggestion Thread
  6. Feb 19, 2011
    ok I will put it on there for testing when I am confident enough that it is finished because I don't want to have to make multiple versions yet
  7. Feb 19, 2011
    on second thought, I could just put an "_b" at the end for beta so when people download it, it's not the final version. I should have done that but I completely forgot.
  8. Dec 17, 2010
    Well its a good start, can't wait to play on it. I am sure Taz would like it.
  9. Feb 19, 2011
    Thanks cyberwulf, right now waiting for some contructive critisism from a mapper like dirtbag or moonlight. I really want to have it out on ZMP in the next few days, so when Taz sees it he will be surprised.
  10. Jun 17, 2011
  11. May 15, 2011

Remove Vent crouch spot.

Map layout is awesome.

More props for rooms that are bigger.

Top 3 Vendy is overpowered, to many Vending machines in one area.

And those DAMN FLASHY LIGHTS!

Otherwise, I love it. Just give/take some props, pretty it up if you want, and viola! Sexy Time!
  12. Apr 29, 2011
    1.) Same, two people have infinite round time, and its illegal.

2.)Good layout.

3.)Lights may create epileptic fit, lengthen the time between flashes.

4.) Add ladder to roof, else humans might use props to get there, then shoot the props off. Zombie stack could get a few zombies up, but two ladders on each side would balance it a bit.

5.)Love the flashy light fence maze.

6.) Add 2 Steps from Hell music for bonus points
  13. Jul 28, 2011
    I played it and have to agree with them ^^^^^^^

• Remove those blinkitty blink blinks
    • Add some more textures to the mix

I once made a map called "seizure" and lets just say it never got too much play time...

btw the fence room was awesome. Are they high enough that you can stack to get on top of them?
  14. Apr 29, 2011
    Don't get rid of the flashing lights, just lengthen the gap between light and dark periods. And I doubt that with the flashing lights, and the fences you shoot through, that any zombie would manage to stack.
  15. Apr 29, 2011
    But again, this is a good version of Panic. Great for a first time
  16. May 15, 2011
    Hammer has some pre-made flashy lights that aren't so gay. The ones that go AABBCCAACCAABB etc. are quite nice. This ABABABABAB shit pisses me off. I can't focus and it's hard to see in.

Although I don't fully agree with making ladders to the roof. It's VERY easy to overtake and have multiple times myself. It's generally not a very good spot.

I also noticed while up there the Skybox is exactly 64 units from the ceiling floor. Was this intentional? I'd suggest raising the roof... With disco balls and a dance floor.
  17. Apr 29, 2011
    The idea is to avoid the roof altogether. Usually, the zombies focus on the juicy spots that have easy access to players. The times I go to the roof, they tend to save me for last, and I can hold out the 10 or so seconds until round end.
  18. Feb 21, 2007
    yes, when you have a version you feel is playable and want me to test it, post it in that thread. The above thread is really the only one I consistently check for new map suggestions.
  19. Feb 19, 2011
    Do I type that letter sequence into "custom apearance" or what? I'm sorry, just tell me how to find the light premades.

Other than that the map is ready for testing now, I raised the skybox, made a ladder to the roof (only on the new building), removed/added some props, and got rid of the vent room.
  20. Jul 28, 2011
    Yes, under "custom appearance" on the light entity you would just have to enter those letters