Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_kings_castle Finished!

Discussion in Completed Maps started by Bro's.M, Jul 10, 2016

1. Nov 20, 2013
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 2
      Bross, Jul 10, 2016 Last edited by Bro's.M, Jul 10, 2016
    • Feb 24, 2011
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Jan 3, 2013
        Where is the file of the map so that we can download it?
      • Nov 20, 2013
        yeah only for you.

[IMG]

wait bitch, reason: Found a bug, I'll fix it. I had to remove the link..
        give me a moment..
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Jan 3, 2013
          No wonder why this gorda puta is always slow on things...:yawn:
        • Jan 3, 2013
          No it's not. What happen to this wall? The wall is missing... Also you need to optimize it.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
            Sicachu, Jul 10, 2016 Last edited by Sicachu, Jul 10, 2016
          • May 5, 2011
            So I did some testing, awesome map. Though I see a no draw (probably just forgot to texture) on the first floor to the left side. Also I used mat_wireframe 3 to see what it renders, and it seems to render everything. (I'm not a pro mapper but I think optimizing would help to not render props/etc that a player won't see.). Maybe throw in area portals/ hints /skips and it should be optmized pretty good. You did func_detail so thats good! Awesome Job though! :grin: Make Tony optimize it.

*Will make edits if I sound weird haha*
            • Like Like x 1
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Feb 27, 2012
              prop_physics_multiplayer at -633 536 385 uses model models/props_wasteland/controlroom_storagecloset001a.mdl, which has an invalid prop_data type. DELETED.
              prop_physics_multiplayer at -633 536 385 uses model models/props_wasteland/controlroom_storagecloset001a.mdl, which has an invalid prop_data type. DELETED.
              not such a big deal. just a model. you're going to have to make it a prop_physics_override if you want it to show up in game.

map isn't sealed (it's leaking) check your compile log, and in hammer (click map>load point file. it will draw a line in hammer to what is leaking and where.) could be that the void is exposed, or the origin of a model is in the void. noclip out of the boundaries of the map, and then turn off noclip. if you keep falling instead of just getting stuck, you'll see what i mean.

my guess is that it's because you made the walls surrounding your map func_detail, lol. Func_detail cannot seal in your map. In fact no entity can. Press Ctrl+Shift+W to bring them back to World. Leaks can be really bad for performance and FPS, as well can crash servers in some cases. I highly recommend you fix it.

also just a tip for future maps, try your best to avoid going below 8units when making walls and whatnot. Anything small should just be for details really. When you build your entire map on a small scale, it becomes a giant pain in the ass to navigate and work with. You may mess up and not connect Wall A to Wall B and there will be a small gap, or you might have your skybox slightly separated from the walls of your map and be taring out your hair trying to figure out where your leak is and so on. I've always stuck to 16 and 8 units and it's always been so much easier for me.
              • Wizard! Wizard! x 2
              • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
              • Nov 20, 2013

Fixed, I deleted them.

lol man I did it, Fixed now! No leaks anymore

Got it, Thank you a lot <3
                • Like Like x 1
                • Nov 20, 2013
                  Morning guys! I tried to upload the map yesterday but I couldn't do it because my internet was too slow.

I fixed all suggestions you all told me, I optimized better this time and here is the final download link (I hope lol):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5oslh4h70kevuk0/zm_kings_castle_v1.rar?dl=0

Map name: zm_kings_castle

Made and Optimized by: Bross

Map size: 4 Mb (aprox.)

Special thanks to @Tony The Tiger for help me.
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Nov 20, 2013
                    • Feb 27, 2012
                      I'll be around later tonight if you're still on. about 11pm EST. if you're around we'll test it :smile:
                      • Winner Winner x 1
                      • Jul 14, 2010
                        I can probably test it way earlier if I can figure it out lol
                        • Like Like x 1
                        • Programming King Programming King x 1