Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Legal zm_kruma_panic_004 illegal spot?

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by eleer123, Nov 24, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 14, 2011
    Now i was looking at this spot and i believe it should be illegal if there is a soda machine inside the vent, or camping it. There is no other way into the vent.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/30754/screenshot/648746351760656689/?tab=public

http://steamcommunity.com/id/30754/screenshot/648746351760653489/?tab=public

http://steamcommunity.com/id/30754/screenshot/648746351760655736/?tab=public

http://steamcommunity.com/id/30754/screenshot/648746351760654877/?tab=public

http://steamcommunity.com/id/30754/screenshot/648746351760652498/?tab=public
  2. Jan 11, 2011
    I agree with Erik. Putting a vending machine there is like making an illegal spot.
  3. Apr 6, 2011
    There are a lot of maps that have spots like that but it is all on if you can use team work again on this one you can stand in there and if a vendie is in there pull it out.. So you can't really say illegal on this spot that is like saying long hall or any other room with one way in would be illegal but there are ways to get them...
  4. Nov 14, 2011
    but u see u cant pull it out thats my point once its in there its stuck in there we tried already
  5. Aug 1, 2011
    The reason why this spot is not illegal is because of the following:
    1 - It is not a crouch spot
    2 - It is wide enough for zombies to move around a bit so not all shots are head shots.
    3 - It cannot be held by one person alone, it either requires multiple people, or the use of props like vending machines.
    4 - It's an easy enough place to access allowing zombies to z-train through the gun fire.

I highly doubt that this spot will ever be made illegal since if it is made as such, there are a dozen maps that would have to be reviewed for the same thing. zm_unpanic_pf to name one.
  6. Aug 1, 2011
    So basically by that statement, any unbreakable barricade should be made illegal? That's never going to happen.
  7. Nov 14, 2011
    but my point if u use a vending machine it should be illegal cause theres no way u can get it out without dying and by the time u actually get it out the round would be over, i mean my point if your going to be in there dont use a prop.
  8. Dec 17, 2010
    I would like to agree with you on this one because it is true that it's difficult to get in there with that there. However it is neither a ledge or crouch entry vent, its completely legal because you can walk right into it. Just have to use some teamwork and pull it out instead of bunching up in the vent only to push in into them which isn't going to work. You can get kruma if he's still around to change it a little or get another mapper to do it. That's the best i can tell you right now.
  9. Apr 6, 2011
    I call for deto to see if he can fix the vendie getting stuck part.
  10. Jan 11, 2011
    How I said to you Erik, every spot with a improvided cade, can't be illegal. It all depends of the person who makes the cade.
  11. Aug 1, 2011
    Another big issue is that most zombies are idiots too, knifing props does f-all and thats all most of them seem to do. If you get 2+ zombies pressing e on something and moving forward while doing it, most times the props will be pushed back, kind if glitches it in a way. Try getting people to do that though is a different story.
  12. Dec 7, 2010
    As Devious Toast indicated, that vent looking passageway is completely legal. The only issue is with the placement of the prop/vending machine to block the passage (being used as a barricade). The placement of that prop in the passage would make it very difficult for a zombie to reach a human but that is the purpose of a barricade. There are several maps if a person establishes a barricade and maintains it properly it could mean a virtual win. But that is the nature of a barricade. Some barricades can be extremely successful while others are not. It also depends highly on the skill level of the zombies. If proper teamwork is performed, almost any barricade can be defeated. The argument of placing the prop in the passageway does not hold water as then you could deem any barricade on any map as illegal which would be absurd.

Bottom line: Placing a prop in the passageway is a barricade and barricades on a zombie map is completely legal. The only exception or caveat is if that prop is purposely glitched, which this is not the case here.

If anything I appreciate the question for its educational value to all admins about barricades.
  13. Apr 6, 2011
    Bad, cyber, erik, top, and myself went in to prove to erik it was so breakable dont get in the damn vendie to pull it out...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.