Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Illegal zm_krusty_krab_a2

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by M_Infantry, Jan 20, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 6, 2011
    These two spots, have a button that will release one and two vendies at the time to block way.

The thing about this spot is if you press fast enough you can release two vendies almost around the spot. This creates a spot, that I just don't see how you were going to get into as a zombie, nor even if you have a gun you can't really move it apart. If there is one person in there I would use the rule that they cade glitched. But, there has been times where I notice multiple people in that spot, with the cade glitched. I usually don't do much beside warning them they cade glitched and it is illegal, or if it is early enough I would teleport them out before zombies started spawning.

I don't think we can really call these spots illegal, but this seems to be best spot to post this....

do any of you know there is a teleport way in there, that I do not know? or,
    maybe there is a way to unhinge the cades, that I wasn't aware of? or,
    maybe another way to kill someone in those spots, that had the cade glitched?

The issue for discussion here is about the glitching of the cade, and possibly that it may be required to be discussed as illegal spots.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Dec 7, 2010
    Yes it is true when multiple vending machines are dropped they have the potential to glitch together making it an immobile barricade. Obviously this problem is an issue with the map and needs to be corrected by the map maker. If players persistently takes advantage of this glitch, I will have no choice but to make the window entry room illegal.

Please provide me feedback on how often you see people glitch the vending machines together to help in making a decision.

Thank you.
  3. Aug 1, 2011
    Tested these spots, and it is way to easy to glitch multiple vending machines into each other and causing them to get stuck.

That being said, I do not believe these spots should be illegal. There are many players who use these spots legitimately with no issues.

My opinion, I believe this goes more along the lines of prop glitching and map exploitation. Warn people not to do that, teleport them out of you have access to it if the vending machines are glitched. If the same people keep going there and doing the same thing round after round, kick/ban them. This is along the same lines as shooting in front of a prop to pull it back.

Harvey's and other LSA's call though.
  4. Mar 20, 2011
    You can glitch through the vending machines if you know how to play, I have done it every time, it is hard if there is more than one human in there though, perhaps limit to one human? Just a thought...
  5. May 6, 2011
    Harvey I see the cade getting glitched at least once to twice per 20 minute play. Mostly at the spot next to the large garbage bin.

The thing about the spot is not that you can't enforce when the cade is glitched, it is when there are groups of people in there with the glitched cade. You can't really teleport a whole group out? they are not all responsible for that cade being like that...that is why I usually do a warning on a group, and enforce with teleport/kick for one person.

Churma, we are talking about two cades in same spot, making it immobile. I doubt you can glitch in with two...if you can please do show it to Harvey when possible, or at least a demo of it.

Harvey what I suggest is, maybe we should consider making the spot illegal, but post as stating if cade is glitched, then it is illegal in the title. That way when we warn to a group, and they do it again the next round, we can teleport/kick them out.
  6. Dec 7, 2010
    Its actually up to the map maker to allow glitching through props or not. On this map, you are not allowed to glitch through props but must move them.
  7. May 15, 2011
    I cast my vote on illegal exploitation and glitching. Since that's part of the rules.
  8. Dec 7, 2010
    Ideally it would be nice to have this issue corrected by the map maker. If the glitching situation occurs regularly I will have no choice but to make the location illegal. Even if there are multiple people in that area, you really can't separate the offending party from others that may benefit from his actions. Therefore to make it fair for everyone, it will probably need to be made illegal.
  9. Jul 4, 2011
    I'm with Harvey on this one. It is bound to occur more regularly sooner or later as more and more players witness the impenetrable barricade. It would also be difficult to distinguish the people who are trying to abuse the glitch from the innocent ones.

Make it illegal, for now, and hope for a new version on the map.
  10. Oct 29, 2010
    I've done the cade glitching before, at least thrice. True, it's difficult to penetrate the cades.

However, in one case where I hid in that room solo with glitched vending machines, a zombie actually de-glitched the vending machines and managed to separate them, which eventually resulted in my death.

(The vending machines are not fully glitched!)

HOWEVER, in that particular, aforementioned case, the de-glitching of the machines was only possible because:

1.) I tossed away my guns out of brash overconfidence. Needless to say, I had only my knife,

and

2.) I was eating a delectable lunch that required both of my hands. Naturally, I was very distracted.

Provided the CT's actually shoot at the intruders, the zombies cannot penetrate the room.

I stopped going to that room--many of a hominid decide to clusterfuck the hell out of that room.

I'll leave the decision up to you guys.
  11. Dec 7, 2010
    Due to its' frequency of occurrence players taking advantage of the vending machine glitch, the location will be made illegal: http://www.plaguefest.com/harvey/illegalspots/ZM_Krusty_krab_a2.html
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.