Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_l4d_hospital

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by GRUDGE, Mar 9, 2012

1. Jul 28, 2011
    Don't worry, I am still working on updating zm_no_mercy as well (thanks to michelle for some sick new choppas!), but here is something I've been working on too for about a week now:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

This is what I'm basically doing:
    Decompiling l4d2 map (no mercy hospital interior level), extracting whatever textures, overlays, and models I can, editing it a ton, removing everything that made it crash in css, and making it playable for zm. While doing this doesn't take nearly as long as making an original map from scratch, I ran into a lot of errors because I'm a total noob :razz:

I don't think the file size will end up being too large, because most of the models either didn't extract properly (I fail at porting lol) or I just deleted them. Also, I am replacing many l4d textures with standard HL2 ones and this will greatly reduce the file size. The pink checkers you see in the screen shots are textures that didn't extract from the vpks correctly, so I will have to fix or change them. This map should have plenty of good cading spots :drool:

To do list:
    • Color correction
    • Add more cading props
    • Fix some models / textures
    • Add more spawns
    • Improve lighting
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
    • Feb 11, 2012
      Nice map coming :thumbsup: i guess it will have alot cadespots?
    • Feb 1, 2011
      Wow. I never played L4D (shame on me) except for maybe once or twice with a friend. The custom textures look AMAZING! So cool too see something that isnt the same palette as office/lila panic/dust, etc. As always, you are the MAN and I can't wait to play it!!

:bunny::panda::pig::chicken::cat::snowman::zombiekiller::ghost::clown::cake::coffee::present::handcuffs::heart:
    • Jul 28, 2011
      If you've ever played l4d, you'll know what to expect

EDIT:
      Actually, most of those textures are standard HL2/CSS textures, but thanks man :razz:
    • Nov 2, 2011
      Duuuuuuddeeeeee! Looking forward to this!
    • Dec 6, 2011
      @GRUDGE Should probably make another "ending part" (or the escape if you will) L4D2 map, like ZM with a ZE tactic at the end. Possibly the bridge level, or the mall? It's fun to break away from the "I'm going to sit in this tiny little room with unlimited ammo until I die of starvation or boredom" ZM, and move towards a little 'escape' at the end of each map. Atix_heli is starting to get boring, since it's the only 'escape at the end' ZM map :frownbig:
    • Feb 1, 2011
      Really? I've never seen all those medical pictures or the number plates on the rooms etc. It's super detailed, looks great :grin:
    • Jul 28, 2011
      Bridge = awesome, but not going to happen. Impossible for css, and would lag like crazy anyways. The mall is a possibility. I want to try to bring more l4d2 maps to css zm. And while I will try to incorporate something into my future zm maps other than just "sitting in a tiny room", some people prefer building cades and surviving against the horde :razz:

Oh yeah, those ones are from l4d. I just meant the carpet and walls and stuff.
    • SkyCloud
      This message by SkyCloud has been removed from public view. Deleted by SkyCloud, Mar 31, 2012.
      Mar 10, 2012
    • Oct 17, 2011
      Yes grudge has already told me about taking textures from l4d and adding them to seek and making a nice map. He worked hard enough And I already see this fantastic map coming up. Keep up the work grudgy.
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Maybe they can cade in at an escape point, and wait until it comes :shock: "***CONSOLE*** The sewer escape boat is here, everybody on!"

:ROFL:
    • Jul 28, 2011
      Blame valve, but uhh thanks I guess :razz:
    • Jan 8, 2012
      Uh wtf
    • Mar 26, 2011
    • Nov 2, 2011
      This maybe the creepiest zm map when its completed :razz:
    • Dec 6, 2011
      wait, now that I think of it @GRUDGE , I think somebody already did this, or something like it. I remember playing it on another server, possibly hellz? There were vents and shit, but it obviously wasn't as good as this one.
    • Jul 28, 2011
      orly? Would you happen to still have a link or the bsp of the map you're thinking of? I didn't think anyone had done this level before for css...
    • Jul 24, 2011
      The map looks great! Make sure you have plenty of cade spots and try to avoid spots where humans can stack up in 1 spot(cheap spots)
    • Dec 6, 2011
      No I'm being totally serious, I swear. I think it was even this L4D scene too. I'm not trying to shoot your idea down, I still think you should do it, but I'm 100% positive I've seen a map just like L4D hospital. I wish I could give evidence but it was this last Fall and I don't think I remember anything about it. Possibly somebody who plays hellz could shed some light? Maybe look through the map list names of hellz?
    • Jul 28, 2011
      Don't worry, I didn't get that impression at all that you were trying to shoot this down or something, and I didn't doubt your seriousness; that was actually a serious "orly" :razz:
    • Dec 6, 2011
      It's starting to come back to me, I kind of remember what it looked like, but it was nothing close to as good as what you're showing. I wish you could see what I'm talking about though O.o