Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Illegal zm_lego_miniworld_v3_sfix

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by Bapple, Jul 19, 2015

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 17, 2014
    Not really sure why anyone hasn't already brought this up considering how common it is.
    Also not sure if it should be marked as Griefing or Illegal (Just because it requires the sheild)
    Absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to kill ANY player using this "trick", The shield moves you forward, So you just hold down S and you stay backed into that corner.

Here's the PLENTY SS's (Pay attention the the round time)

Trying to compress the demo as we speak, Says 5.01 MB's is to big to upload the file, So I may have to use DropBox, Mediafire, ETC. (Will upload demo as SOON as I figure this out)

HERES THE DEMO
    - https://www.mediafire.com/?dkxxe5k05wj1t7x

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    Brandon, Jul 19, 2015 Last edited by Bapple, Jul 19, 2015
  2. Mar 10, 2014
    Yea it was impossible to kill him, this is just like the case on zm_church_of_faith, where people use the shield to grief the tele-dest, for the satellite/monolith. This should definantly be considered illegal.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Feb 27, 2012
      Have you tried doing a zombie train? Because that should work. That works on Church of Faith.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Jun 17, 2014
        Yes I've seen 40+ players on with 1 ct remaining. Can't get through that shield.
      • Mar 10, 2014
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Sep 1, 2014
          I remember the first time I saw this in action, an admin(I believe it was Oxa?) told me that it's possible to do a running boost which will grant you enough speed to not get knocked back immidiately, and thus making it possible to kill the person in the corner. Have not gotten to test it out tho so i'm not sure if this really works.
        • Mar 26, 2012
          But on Church of Faith, we made that illegal. There is a thread on that. The same should apply to this.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Feb 27, 2012
            The weapon was illegal on the tower area, not in a confined space.
            • Informative Informative x 2
            • Winner Winner x 1
            • Dec 17, 2007
              I don't think this should be illegal, due to the fact that you have to get the shield in the first place, and then try to get to a corner before a zombie stabs you. With the map being as small as it is, i'm pretty sure that the win to lose ratio for this scenario is in favor for the human losing and not being able to get to the shield and then to a spot where this would work.

Yea but that applied to a ledge spot and zombies being knocked off as soon as they teleported. Here the zombies have a chance to get to the player. I honestly don't think it's the same situation
              • Jun 17, 2014
                You do know it only takes maximum 8 seconds to get the shield in this map? There's usually 45 seconds till first spawn.
              • Mar 26, 2012
                Good point Tony and Aphilion. I didn't think about the other spot people go to with that shield in Church of Faith.
              • Mar 10, 2014
                tested this out some more and got my own demo for it, oxa and kyro were there, thinking it should be illegal, it is literally impossible to kill me unless you get some crazy velocity through a run boost or a bunny hop
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Jun 17, 2014
                  Anyone up for some testing maybe later today?
                • Mar 10, 2014
                  im game to test this out some more when i have some free time
                  • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
                  • Mar 10, 2014
                    We continued to test this some more and i feel i have sufficient evidence that it should be illegal, i have screenshots and 2 demos, one with and one without me shooting (testing purposes)
                    2015-07-20_00002
                    2015-07-20_00003 the first two are no-fire pics
                    2015-07-20_00004 i was shooting this time
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • Jun 17, 2014
                      I also have the 3rd person demos, Both without firing the gun, And with firing the gun.
                    • Dec 17, 2007
                      That's if no one is on the server. Remember you have a bunch of other ppl that are on the map and a lot of them trying to get to the same spot. Plus you have a bunch of noobs that usually get int the way. I know how long it would take on a good day, but you still have to take in other environmental considerations as well.

Which are you trying to make illegal the shield itself or the fact that someone runs into a corner with it? The shield in itself shouldn't be made illegal, bc if you did that then you would have to do that on other maps. Not to mention what would you classify this as, griefing or something else? The spots that players go to are not illegal, it's probably a shitty thing to do, but at the same time what's the difference between this and building a super cade, one where it only takes one prop and shooting at it constantly?

Overall I really don't think this is illegal, a shitty thing to do, yes, but honestly no different than making a super cade. Furthermore this is really the wrong thread for this, as this is the thread for illegal spots, and this doesn't fall anywhere into that category. I think that if tony or momo and one of the other mappers wants to do a revision of the map and take out the shield then that would be up to them, however as I mentioned earlier you would have to do that in other maps as well, bc anyone on church of faith or another other map with a similar prop can do the same thing.
                      • Like Like x 1
                      • Mar 10, 2014
                        I just feel that using the shield in locations such as these where there is literally only one way in, should be marked as an illegal spot, just like it was added into Church of Faith for the satellite, and the crouch spot with the Rainbow P90. (as stated in this thread http://plaguefest.com/threads/zm_church_of_faith_b1a_pf-satellite-w-riot-shield.18731/#post-256570)
                        Everywhere else on the map has more than one entrance and can be busted. (though further tests couldnt hurt)
                        2015-07-20_00005
                        2015-07-20_00006
                        2015-07-20_00007 these 3 are the same location
                        2015-07-20_00008 the top 2 rooms on the central tower have only one entrance into the location
                        2015-07-20_00009
                        2015-07-20_00010 these have one central entrance, unless the player is a nub and gets stabbed from in between the fences, there is no possible way to get to them.
                      • Feb 27, 2012
                        If it can be abused in more than 1 location, perhaps the weapon should be entirely illegal.
                        • Agree Agree x 2
                        • Apr 13, 2012
                          Yea there is also many purposes where the sheild is used to break cades, a lot of the time it is accidental but Perhaps we should just remove the sheild from that map. Or maybe the map? :razz:
                          • Agree Agree x 1
                          Thread Status:
                          Not open for further replies.