Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_lightofdawn_beta_02

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by keviN, Jan 20, 2011

1. Jan 20, 2011

So, im back with my new Zombiemap for Counter-Strike: Source. I buld this map in 2-3 Weeks couz i dont have much time couz of school/work.
    I hope you can give me some Feedback, positiv and negative.

Here are some Details:

- 64 Player Spawns
    - Much rooms for Camp
    - Much ways for Hunt (like hunting Server or else)
    - Some nice HL2 materials i used, couz it looks cool (i hate it if theres a map so empty ^^)
    - In v1 i added a red room for Camp, but in v2 i removed it, couz the room is a bit unfair. Means zombie doesnt has chance ;S
    - There is one outside part for Camp. 2 Containers (look screenshots) Zombies and Humans has a chance. Just tested on at
    64 Slot Zombie Server.

Download:

zm_lightofdawn_beta_02 Download

Pictures:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

So, i hope you like it and you will add it on your server maybe.

Regards,
    keviN
  2. Jan 20, 2011
    s_baker@gallatinriver.net
    If you have questions :smile:.
  3. Apr 9, 2007

While it looks like you have put some time into this, the issue with the map is the following:
    1.) Lack of Rooms to go (4?), it's a mostly indoors map, the rooms are rather poor for barricading.
    2.) The map is 30MB uncompressed, 20MB compressed. For what's there, it should be 700~kb, if not less.
    3.) It's just too small, with 1 being a huge issue.

I hope this helps, even though it was more negative then positive.
  4. Jan 20, 2011
    Thx.

Hm...

To 1) I just build this map for Hunting Servers, so there are not much rooms for Camp. But im sure, Zombies and Humans have a chance at all. Maybe i will build v3 and add more rooms and make it bigger.
    To 2) Its so big couz i used MUCH HL2 Materials on the wall like decals etc. I can't fix it couz the materials are big. If i remove ALL materials from the wall, the map is 4mb big and compress maybe 800kbit~.
    To 3) This goes to 1. Hmm... maybe i make v3 and add more things. I just tested it on a 64 Zombie Server with 50+ ppl. And there are now problems for Hunting or Camping. Yes, the map looks small
    but if u play it with much ppls, its not so small then you think.

Regards,
    keviN