Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by Cheesy, Jan 4, 2012

1. Oct 24, 2011
    Hello everyone am am re-starting a prodject, zm_lila_CheesyPanic. Based off of lila panic. Need dem map testers!
    DL for my most recent version
    GIMME DAT FEEDBACK! plz :smile:

To do list:
    Optimize- what ever that means :/
    fix illegal spot
    fix what ever problems that come up
    Maybe add a PF banner?

UPDATE 2 :grin:
    Fixed illegal spot, one to go.
    random bugs
    some skybox fixes
    fixed leaks
  2. Jul 28, 2011
    Well I don't play lila_panic maps too much (I know there are a lot of them :razz: ) but this looks pretty good for a lila_panic map. I've never been a big fan of the style, but hey, it's what the masses like :thumbsup:

Anyways, there's a spot under the sign that says "lila panic cheesy" that might be illegal (it's a spot with some fences and stuff). I donno if most lila panic maps get good frame rates at all since they're not optimized, but this one seemed OK.

So yeahhhh, I'm not the best person for advice though because I don't really like lila_panic too much :turned:
  3. May 15, 2011
    Alright numb nuts. First off, what the flying pussy fuck is this?

Not only is that considered a leak, it's utterly pointless. It doesn't add to the map and it isn't even seen by the players. All it does is this:

That is what a leak does. It makes it so the entire map can be scene by the player at all times. Normal, optimized maps, do not do this.

Also, I gotta ask. What the fuck is this for?

Other than that, good job. And these two spots will be illegal:

4. Jul 28, 2011
    As far as I know NO lila_panic maps are optimized. The whole map is always rendered at once in every one of them :razz:
  5. Feb 18, 2011
    I loled pretty hard.

Anyway the map isnt half bad other than the problems pinkie pointed out. Good job bro.
  6. May 15, 2011
    Actually, I've gone and re-created Lila Panic from scratch and optimized it myself. So their are optimized versions, and it really isn't that hard to fix what's already been fucked up. Sure who ever made the map probably rubbed his dick all over the keyboard and it was a fluke he made such a great map but it can be fixed. That is, if you just take the time.

Edit: I forgot to mention this little site for uploading maps. It's called www.gamebanana.com

Use it.
  7. Jul 28, 2011
    This map would seriously take no time to optimize lol

yes, USE IT!
  8. May 15, 2011
    It takes about an hour, but most people find optimizing boring and therefore, skip it. I personally love optimizing and it drives me nuts if a map is not optimized.

In Lila Panic the biggest problem is that the asshole who made it, didn't use a fucking grid. For that, I want to take a rusty pair of scissors and chop is balls off.

Chop is an understatement. I will mutilate the fucker.
  9. Jul 4, 2011

Lol'd. The map is looking good so far, make sure you don't construct any illegal spots.
  10. Oct 24, 2011
    the thing next to red crate has an invisible bridge leading to it, my nuts are not numb, that random black thing was something i forgot to delete, after all the map isnt complete. thanks for the input and thanks for tryin out my map. I dont know how to optimize, i have been using sdk for about 3 weeks or so im not that good at it yet.
  11. Jul 28, 2011
    Oh. I see. I pity the foo who thinks he's betta than tha grid!

I will hold him down for you, you do the choppin and the mutilatin
  12. May 15, 2011
    Alright cool man. Just wanted to know what it was. And although a map may not be complete doesn't mean it shouldn't look and feel as if it's not. I no you're new but it's a good habit to get into. Also, it'll be good practice to try adding lights and different textures. If you are going to re-texture it's best to select everything, and make it all Nodraw. Nodraw is an optimizing tool. I'm sure you already know how to work it so I wont go into detail.
  13. Oct 24, 2011
    I acctually have no idea what that is 0.o

edit: how would i make it so only 1 section is rendered at a time, if the map is split in three
    1-Main outside
    2-basment area
    3-second outside
  14. May 15, 2011
    You would use the Cordon Tool for rendering specific parts of the map. With this on you also don't have to care about leaks, since it becomes the skybox. Which is this little doodad right here:

The nodraw texture is this:

You use it on faces that the player can't see. Like, the outside of the map. That way. Nothing outside of what the player can see is rendered. Also use it on faces inside the map that the player can't see. If the player can see it it looks like shit.

It'll make your map go faster and really just make it a lot easier to create since it's not a big mess then.
  15. Oct 24, 2011
    shit man, i need to look these things up, looks complicated :I
  16. May 15, 2011
    Here are some tut's that we gave to Xombie just recently:

NBK/Purpzz: 3KliksPhilip Makes video tutorials and they are extremely helpful.

Pinkie Pie: Source SDK Wiki It's great for some random shit you may need.

Grudge: Banana 1 Banana 2 Banana 3 Tutorials.

Luffaren: TopHatWaffle I took one look and this is awesome. I'm going to check it out sometime.

These are all great places to learn your mapping needs.
  17. Oct 24, 2011
    Do you know where i can get the plaguefest banner from>>>
  18. May 15, 2011
    Ask Bella or Moonlight.
  19. Oct 24, 2011
    Update time :grin: