Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Illegal zm_lila_panic_tpc_v1_pf - ledge spot

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by XFRIGIDNORTHX, Jun 18, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 8, 2011
    This spot may have been overlooked when the map was selected because there are 2 invisible walls blocking the ledge, but I found a way around them.

[IMG]

Although to get to the ledge u need someones head to jump up, either from the white truck next to the stairs, or from the tires.
    From the ledge with 2 people you can get one onto the letters, which makes it impossible to be tagged from the ground.
    Hope this helps :smile:
  2. May 15, 2011

But fine I'll fix this.

I thought the two walls would help. :frown:
  3. May 15, 2011
  4. May 8, 2011
  5. Dec 7, 2010
    The area is clearly illegal, but if the change is already made in the map hopefully it will be placed on the server in short order and current enforcement will not be an issue.

Dirtbag, please keep us apprised of the potential zmp map changes as some locations may actually be legal and need to remain so.

Thank you.
  6. May 15, 2011

But I sent the fix to Retslag so...

I know illegal and legal spots. The reason I felt no need to discuss this spot was because I knew it was blatantly illegal. So I fixed it asap. No need to discuss it.

If a spot arose that wasn't illegal or needed discussion over it, I wouldn't fix it until it was deemed illegal.

The only reason I fixed the white tubes on top was because of all the hate it was getting.

Ya it's legal, but if you don't listen to the customer... You know.

I'm just trying to make sure everyone is having a fun time and still following the rules.

And ya, sorry for my hastiness.
  7. Dec 7, 2010
    Thanks for your initiative. If the location you indicate are indeed blatant hopefully it will not be an issue.

I have a quick question for you. Would you consider the red highlighted ledge area of zm_lila_panic_isethen legal or illegal?

[IMG]
  8. Jul 14, 2010
    I have said that this would not be illegal, the humans can be hit from below with zombies double stacking, and there are multiple objects zombies can run and jump off to hit them.

The top left corner: the ramp and the white truck you can jump off, the mid, blue container and white truck, the right, you can get on the cars or jump off the container and hit the people on the sign, plus you can stack from below.
  9. Mar 26, 2011
    That isethen is not illegal its legal :smile:
  10. May 8, 2011
    The wall on isethen is fine being legal, really easy spots like penguin pointed out to get the humans from.
  11. Dec 7, 2010
    Thanks for your participation, but I was hoping to get a reply from Dirtbag. :razz:
  12. Jan 30, 2011
    I've always been told that that ledge is illegal, seen admins enforce it as such. Since, say there are humans on the air conditioner things, zombies can't get them because there is only one way there. And if there are humans on the far right of the wall/ledge, but not as far as the trucks, they wouldn't be able to get caught.
  13. May 15, 2011

Yes. I agree it is legal cause their is so much possibilities to get up and lately not once have I seen people not get caught up their.

This ledge has multiple ways. In TCP. Their is only a few in which teamwork is needed. And in 24/7 lila panic. Their is no teamwork. o.O.

At one point we did believe this spot was illegal cause we had no clue in how to get humans up their.

Lot's of spots will change because we learn new techniques to them.

With that, once illegal spots can easily become legal when the skill is passed around. That's what happened with iSethens.

In the update however, I still removed the ledge's cause of the negativity towards them. Although it has become legal now.

Also, a double stacked zombie is still unable to get the foot of the humans because the walls are 256 units tall. A single players hit box is 64 units.

Therefore, unless the supposed illegal spot has multiple ways up, it really is impossible.

This spot that Fridge showed is indeed very impossible.

The zombies would need to learn how to get up first. That alone would take a few days.

Then they must... You know what. Zombie Train. 'Nough Said.

So to a point, this spot could be legal.

We just need to learn to not be such noobs and maybe use some teamwork.

But this amount of skill is far greater than the current player base can handle at this point in time. Therefore it will be deemed illegal. So until then. Bleh.

As for isethens. We learned. At one point it was blatantly illegal. As of which we learned to over come.
  14. Dec 7, 2010
    This is the primary reason why we have an official page of illegal spots. We don't want admins to arbitrarily enforce a spot that seems illegal but turns out to be legal. We have procedures in place allowing the posting of potential illegal locations so it can be discussed and clarified. The image I used is an example on perception of the legality of a specific location. Hopefully this will emphasize the necessity for the evaluation process.
  15. May 15, 2011

My bad.

Mingle away.
  16. Dec 7, 2010
    Again, this is why it is critical that a location goes through a proper evaluation process. We don't want a spot removed or called illegal simply because someone feels that is too difficult, don't know how to access a specific location or receiving complaints from some vocal opponents. Lets work together by posting all spots in this forum that are felt should be made illegal. We can then go through the proper process to update the map to remove the illegal spots.
  17. Feb 23, 2011
    For the air conditioner humans -> Jump from the slope on the air-conditioner unit. There is a invisible ledge. From there starf to your right or just jump up and stab. Its quiet easy actually. [Note: This is only posible if you are a mother zombie or you have a admin/donor skin. For a normal (I use half only) skin you might need a boost from that slope. I have done it before, just needs from team effort at times.]

Also if there are too many human they will obviously not let you jump easily, you really need some to charge at them for distraction. Again some team effort.

I know its not a easy spot at times but i dont think it should be illegal.
  18. Dec 7, 2010
    Thanks Evil. I posted that spot knowing that it is legal yet there would be people out there with a perception that it may be illegal. I've personally been playing this specific version of the map for 7 years so I know what can and can't be done. I appreciate your feedback and yes that location is legal and should always be indicated as legal.
  19. Feb 23, 2011
    Lol Harvey offcourse you know man. I was just telling Mystic about it. [IMG]
  20. Feb 23, 2011
    Can dirt edit the ledge more accessible like zm_lila_panic_isethen.

I think on the ledge humans can also be tagged by jumping from
    - The White Truck
    -The small vehicles from the other side
    -The red crate
    -The tires

^All that I can think of for now. But I am not sure. I am saying this because I was talkin to Frigid (this was the round after he discovered that spot) about the spot on steam and I got tagged [IMG]. It was definately from the bottom and I was standing near them vehicles chattin lol. So I am guessing, the spots around those above stated areas are taggable.

So if thats the case dirt can probably make more taggable spots.

But still I am not sure about the letters on top of it. Offcourse humans needs a boost again to get up there. So basically you need 3 people to work together for 1 person to reach on the letters.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.