Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Illegal zm_lila_panic_uv_final

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by Detonator, Jun 24, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 25, 2010
    I have deomcpiled the map and found out that the only way in is through the window. I have tried crouch jumping through the window and did not work.

2. May 15, 2011
    Yes I saw that too.

I thought I'd just remove the sealed door for that.

Then it should be fine.

And yes I agree. Illegal.

Edit: Also that button will be removed since it's only use is to open the crouch spot door that's near the original entry.

That spot should be illegal too.

I don't have a pic though. :\

Maybe someone else could supply one.
  3. Sep 25, 2010
    This is what Dirtbag is talking about :
    **Note that I removed the door**

4. Feb 23, 2011
    I was there earlier today when deto was on. thought the button would open the door.

Since there isnt another entry, definately illegal.
  5. May 15, 2011
    Dum diddle do.

This is all I could find.

[IMG] - This door is only operable by shooting the top right corner. So this renders this impossible for zombies since they cannot knife through the door. It leads to the Pretty Shotgun.

[IMG] - Two of these rooms. Both have that cock blocking iron beam. I don't actually know if it is crouch or if the I-Beam made it a crouch spot? Either way.

[IMG] - Now with this I could either switch one of the now in operable tele's and use them to go here, or remove the door. Or even make the door operable. I don't know.

[IMG] - I will remove every Money Box from the level.
  6. Oct 21, 2010
    Stabby stabby. lol

7. Feb 19, 2011
    Yes dirtbag you should definetly remove the doors, they are burdensome to me when they are operable.

I have a few ideas of how you can barricade the room in the bottom pic, it should like isethens chain-link fence room with four vendi's or more.

If you want to make it even more challenging make the windows high enough to jump crouch through.
  8. May 15, 2011
    I don't think I'm allowed to alter the rooms, I just make them not so illegal.

But yes removing the door and giving the appropriate props I will do.

For that room I would give 4 vending machines and a couch if the door was to be removed.
  9. Dec 7, 2010
    The illegal spots have been posted in the official list: http://www.plaguefest.com/harvey/illegalspots/zm_lila_panic_uv_final.html

The removal of the money bundles is a good idea. Once Dirtbag's updated maps have been uploaded to the server, the illegal spots will be removed.

On a side note: I hope someone is conducting validation tests to insure that decompiling/recompiling these maps will not negatively impact performance.
  10. May 15, 2011
    Why have people been experiencing performance issues?

They shouldn't?

But if something is happening then tell me.

Most of the maps I've seen were not made properly.

Lots of them have leaks, they don't follow the grid, and they never use a single nodraw texture nor do they use func_detail's.

For the most part they don't even know how to use func_areaportal and func_hint nodes properly.

So if you or other participants are experiencing performance drops, tell me.

I'll go through and do a remake of them.

This demand comes with time though and may take anywhere from a day to several day's.

Edit: I test all my maps before uploading, if that's what you mean.
  11. Dec 7, 2010
    Typically Retslag1 places maps on the server and initiates tests while there are a decent number of people are on the server. Since these maps are minor updates, they probably did not go through the validation process but just wanted to make sure that there was some sort of method in place to be able to test them.

If you are confident about your testing methods, that's good enough for me.
  12. May 15, 2011
    Well I just make sure that they have no leaks and any unneeded world geometry is converted to func_detail's.

For the basics that is all I do.

If more is needed inform me and I will do more optimization.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.