Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_lila_reloaded

Discussion in Completed Maps started by Noodles, Feb 25, 2012

1. Feb 12, 2012
    This map is a more modernized lila map! This is now out of beta and updates, FINAL RELEASE!

Most current version located here:
    http://www.gamebanana.com/csszm/maps/164076

Current Version: v3

Difference between original lila and reloaded:

-Lighting environment (shadows, lights, etc)
    The lighting on this really looked nice. The map was too bright and didn't have a zombie-like feel to it.
    Added Environmental lighting for shadows and light ground fog. I am trying to avoid extreme darkness, zombies are already darker in color and making it really dark kills the gameplay (kind of like lila_dark)

-Re-arranged / tactical prop arrangement
    Props have been moved around and added to give it more of a realistic feel. Random items before didn't feel right.
    Arrangement such as red crate, fencing, and barrels give more tactics to the map.

-Changed Rooms
    The rooms reflect what most people prefer on a large map: Bigger barricaded rooms, more eye-veiw downstairs with windows.
    For example, corner room has been expanded to fit 4-6 people freely rather than 1-2 it held before.
    More rooms have been adjusted so each of them have a fair chance at holding a barricade up.
    Cramped areas have been un-cramped, giving more room for humans/zombies to move freely.

-No Illegal Spots
    What every mod loves on maps: No Illegal Spots! Every spot has been tested to ensure there isn't room for error and cheating.

Pictures will be updated as the map comes along, I plan on it being completed within a week, as I started at with a copy of lila rather than from scratch.

Thanks to Tony Montana for helping me out with some tutorials on advanced lighting and things. :grin:

:EDIT: Finished map! Test it out!

Changelog

Update v3:
    -More annoying fog! :grin:
    -Darker theme
    -Retextured all buildings.
    -Fixed secret spot to make not illegal.

Update v2:
    - 3D Skybox (Industrial/City Look).
    -Secret Room.
    -Fog Slightly Thicker and color change.
    -4th Floor, Funnel-Style.
    -Fencing.
    -Prop Rearrangement.
    -Doors sizing, window sizing, and other minor bugs and fixes.

Update v1:
    -Light Fixtures added, no random lighting (well, noticeable ones)
    -Props are nicely secured to the ground and not floating.
    -Changed main tower props inside.
    -Widened stairs for more flow.
    -Minor adjustments to sizing of doors (to make it fair for zombies).
    -Added a cool sun (I guess).
    -Minor wall adjustments

Final v0.1:
    -Fixed lighting.
    -Added light props with glow to enhance look.
    -Rooms are now Regular lighting, hallways are a light red.
    -Removed truck on side, replaced with piping.
    -Extended staircase in secondary building.
    -Environment Lighting adjusted, lower in contrast.

BeTA:
    -Version released.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
      Noodles, Feb 25, 2012 Last edited by Noodles, May 3, 2012
    • Feb 5, 2012
      Hey I like Illegal Spots, It's gives me a reason to kick and possibly ban. :smile:
      But I like where you are going here, can't wait to see the map! :grin:
      Hope to also see it on the servers :grin: :grin: :grin:.
    • Aug 8, 2010
      Good job!
    • Feb 12, 2012

Please critique it as needed. I know the lighting is a little funky, I'm adjusting that currently.

Attached Files:

• titty
      This message by titty has been removed from public view. Deleted by [T_T], Feb 26, 2012, Reason: fail alert.
      Feb 26, 2012
    • Feb 5, 2012
    • Feb 12, 2012
      I believe the props are suppose to float, because the physics are different in the ZM server. correct me if im wrong...

and im uploading the final in a few minutes
    • Feb 5, 2012
      We'll just have to see it on ZM for ourselves to see if it works or not! :smile:
    • Feb 12, 2012
      Alright folks, this map has been complete! I want to thank everyone who has tested it (sajak most recently :razz:).

Please feel free to download the most recent version, and hopefully you all enjoy it! I'll be finishing my second project that I tucked away, zm_space_lab. Until then, happy mapping!

(*Staff can move this to Completed Maps, if possible)
    • Nov 11, 2011
      I'm glad I got to test it. It's a really great map and before this update, I never liked lila :wink: That all changed. Great job Noodles! :kiss: