Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Legal zm_lila_wow_style_[e]_v1

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by ixikitty, Jul 17, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 16, 2012
    ontop of cage spike. only accesible from 2 players stacking on the stairs.
    2012-07-05_00007
  2. Jul 16, 2012
    2012-07-05_00001 spike above tree platform only accessible from 2 players stacking on couch prop.
  3. Dec 7, 2010
    Unless I'm missing something I do not see a problem with zombies being able to tag a CT in the locations indicated. I welcome the feedback in case I am missing something.
  4. Jul 16, 2012
    sorry for the ungodly late reply. but in this particular location you need a a prop to stand on and 2 people to stack and once on the spike you can run all the way back to the wall where you will be forever safe. i tested it and it is extremely easy to get a prop on the platform and there are many buddies who help each other on pf servers.
    Post Merged, Jul 22, 2012
    that is for the second screenshot sorry. the first one only takes 2 people to stack but only on the rail which can easily be shot away. and once again when the player makes it onto the spike they can run all the way to the wall and forever be safe.
  5. Jul 16, 2012
    seeing as how much many of the players dont like the map, i still feel these 2 spots should be deemed illegal, its virtually impossible to reach a human in either of these two spots.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • May 15, 2011
      Just because players don't like a spot or a map, that does not mean a spot can be deemed illegal. A noob spot ≠ an illegal spot.
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Oct 17, 2011
        I remember being stabbed easily on that cage when two zombies stacked under me and broke the bottom and starting pressed e to make me fall out of it. Also, I don't know if I'm right but there is a teleported inside the cage and I dunno if you can stab anyone on it and also the bottom is breakable. Jzx also bhoped to me last time from the roof to the rail and stabbed me easily. The cage is not that far from the rail and the zombies can keep pushing the cage till it flips and let's the campers fall off. Even a zombine can make the jump there and kind of stab the person from the ledge. My consideration is to leave it legal because I got stabbed there twice as a human.
      • Nov 11, 2011
        I'd have to agree with Dirtbag and Mario. It's cheap but not illegal. :{
      • Jul 16, 2012
        im sorry for not making it clear. but i was talking about going onto the spike above the cage. i was not talking about the cage itself at all. the cage is a very useless spot. if two players stack on the railing of the stairs. one would be able to jump onto the spike and then proceed to run to the other end of the spike. which would be virtually impossible to reach.
        Post Merged, Jul 26, 2012
        this is a screenshot of what i am trying to explain here. this is the spike above the cage. when the player comes here not even jumping from the cage can a zombie reach the player while in the air. let alone the fact that simply shooting the cage one time would cause any zombie on the cage to become stuck as the cage is very easy to move.

Attached Files:

• Dec 7, 2010
        If I am not mistaken there is this spot you can teleport to above the spikes. I don't quite recall the method to get up there, but I have seen people there many times. I would appreciate if someone can confirm if the location I am indicating is correct making the spot above the spikes legal.

aa1
      • Jul 16, 2012
        ive never heard of that spot or seen in. ive played the map a few times. but i cant tell you that you havent seen it lol. but if i can stumble upon a miracle ill make a demo for you.
      • Jan 31, 2011
        Kitty just showed me these spots and we explored them pretty thoroughly. The two sets of spikes, like the one depicted in kitty's screenshots, are as inaccessible as any spots on the entire server. On the two that are directly above the little tree-house platform, kitty and I used a couch AND a 2-man stack to boost one person onto the spike and ledge. From there, we shot the couch away. At that point, I found it literally impossible for any number of zombies to knife you without you allowing them to magically get a couch from somewhere (which cannot be put there without a gun), and then stacking 2 zombies in the same method. So I think this is an imbalanced a spot as any.

On the second set of spikes, which are used to suspend the cages that hangs there, we used 2 people on the railing (the base person has to be standing) in order to boost someone onto that spike. Once they walk to the rear of it, no zombies can knife that person by air strafing, stacking or doing anything short of the same method we used as humans to get up there.

In other words, these spikes should certainly be considered illegal. They are ledges that can only be accessed through very slow, careful processes, which any human could prevent without even trying.

This is the second of the spots I mentioned. Here, kitty has been boosted from the railing you can see in the top right corner of the screencap. One human stands on the fence-post and the other gets on his/her partner's head. Then, you have to do an initial jump to allow your partner under you to be standing instead of crouching. Only then can you BARELY make it to the tip of that spike with a solid, air-strafed admin jump. Then you can run to the back of the spike, as Kitty is pictured here and be completely inaccessible to zombies. If zombies jump onto the basket below you and try to air-strafe around toward you, they don't even come remotely close to being high enough to knife you.

So, these are not simple "cheap" spots. They are more difficult to successfully access than any crouchspot we've got listed as illegal on the server.
        wow_ledge
      • Jan 31, 2011
        The qualifer for deeming these spots illegal is not that players don't like the map. It's that they are inaccessible to zombies without a combination of props, stacking and air-strafe long jumps.
        Post Merged, Jul 27, 2012
        If such a method exists that allows zombies to teleport in behind those spikes, I would be very interested to see that. If it's true, it might make these spikes illegal.

However, it wouldn't rule out the other set of spikes above the tree-house platform, which requires a couch and a double-stack to access and has no rendered space behind it.
      • Nov 11, 2011
        As far as I recall, this map is full of secret spots. I'll verify today if no one else does.
      • Jan 31, 2011
        I'm aware that the map contains quite a few secret spots, but can you provide us with any that would make the previously screencapped locations not illegal?
      • Nov 11, 2011
      • Jan 31, 2011
        I read it correctly. You've indicated that the map is full of secret spots, which you will verify. I'm asking if any of those are pertinent to these spots that we are tendering as illegal.
      • Jul 16, 2012
        thank you so much sajak. your help is greatly appreciated. and thank you blakout for the assistance in helping to find potential illegal spots.
        the spot that harvey has explained earlier in the thread could very easily make the spike above the cage legal. as long as the teleport is simply a platform and not a boxes off spot prevent the player to jump down.
      • Nov 11, 2011
      • Nov 11, 2011
        There is a secret platform (the yellow part) where zombies can jump down and stab the people on the spikes. Spot is not illegal.

[IMG]
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Informative Informative x 1
        Thread Status:
        Not open for further replies.