Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_london

Discussion in Completed Maps started by Satin Storm, Jun 23, 2013

1. Mar 8, 2013
    DOWNLOAD: http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/174914

My very first map is ready for release! If possible, I would like to do an initial closed beta for pF admins, followed by an open beta, and then if everything goes well, a final release.

pF admins are encouraged to reply to this thread and I will send a download link via PM.

I've tried to keep the map free of potential illegal spots. There are some crouch spots, but these generally only fit 1-2 people, or there's some other trick to overtaking them. If there are any concerns, shoot me a message.

Description:
    A small neighbourhood inspired by London.

Features:
    - Above ground: city streets, market, pub, night club, and several small interiors.
    - Below ground: laboratory, sewers, train depot, and many tunnels leading to various places.
    - Three special items: kryptonite (T), gas mask (CT), and Superman (CT)!
    - Many hiding spots suitable for both limited and unlimited ammo servers.
    - Several secret teleporters, buttons, coded rooms, and other hidden areas.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
      Soft Serve, Jun 23, 2013 Last edited by Satin Storm, Jul 11, 2013
    • Apr 9, 2007

But yeah, hopefully it isn't too large, fire @Haplo and @retslag1 a PM.
    • Feb 27, 2012
      It looks really freaking good by the looks of those screenshots! Send me a link to it, i wanna try it out :O
    • Feb 3, 2012
      Looks good by seeing the screenshots. Can't wait to be testing it.
    • Dec 7, 2012
      Great job! Looks totally different from most maps that I viewed or played. I'm no mapper but I could say that the map looks interesting and fun!
      ...cheers!:beer: :coffee: :beer: :coffee:
    • Apr 24, 2012
    • Feb 2, 2013
      Looks awesome! Looking forward to trying it out. :cute:
    • Feb 27, 2012
      First thing i noticed almost right away was this crouch spot. It might not be illegal, because you might be able to get the knife distance in there. If not, then it probably will be illegal.
      [IMG]

This will probably end up being a ledge spot, especially if there is more than one person in there. And if humans boost onto the floors above, it would make it nearly impossible for zombies to stab the human since if the human landed a headshot, it would launch the zombie off the second it's head is visible. Idk if you can boost it, i didn't really look, it's just what came to mind right now.
      [IMG]

This P90 will probably end up being an illegal prop, since it makes you fly, and if you just sat in a corner up in the sky, you would be untouchable. Unless there is a knife that a zombie can grab that makes them fly too or something. But even then, i could see two friends griefing that by one getting the p90, then the other being a zombie, grabbing it, sitting in a corner, and letting him get killed so the knife is gone. You need to have a way for the zombies to kill the human with the p90. Maybe make a hidden button that only zombies can press that makes the p90 stop you from flying?
      [IMG]

These vents are crouch spots, and are definitely illegal no matter what. You have to make then large enough to stand up in, or make a button that balances it somehow. For example, in roy_industry the vents have a button that lights a fire in them, slowly killing the CT's. Other maps have buttons that push humans out.
      [IMG]

Those are the only things i noticed so far. I only took a quick look at it.
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Sep 6, 2010
      • Feb 27, 2012
        Me and Satin just tested everything out. There is a way to get everybody in all the spots i listed above, except the box crouch spot, which i think he's going to fix. Any ledge you might think is an illegal ledge spot, there is a way to get a human on it.
      • Mar 8, 2013
        I should explain what the special items do before there's more confusion :evilgrin:

Gas mask (Human, Deagle): Allows user to survive the airlock cycle in the ventilation shafts. Passive.
        Superman (Human, P90): Enables user to fly and run quickly. Passive.
        Kryptonite (Zombie, Knife): Slows down and removes Superman's ability to fly for 15 seconds. Infinite uses. 60 second cooldown.

also, v0_2 is coming in response to feedback from Tony.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Mar 8, 2013
          the vents kill everybody inside (trigger_hurt with a couple of hundred damage) when the airlock smoke is released (once every few minutes if someone keeps opening the doors). the one exception is when somebody's using the gas mask, but even then you need to hold zombies off from two different directions all by your lonesome.

the second one isn't really a crouch spot, but I can see how it could become a problem if someone shoots a cade in there.
        • Feb 27, 2012
          First one is explained in the post above me. The second one will not be an issue. The lane is wide enough to 2 zombies to fit it (i think) and you dont have to duck to stab him. If you had to duck and move back a little ways, then i could see why it would be. But it's easy to stab there.
        • Mar 8, 2013
          • Feb 27, 2012
            Woot! Glad it's more or less finished! Can't wait to play this version. The colour correction and fog colour look really nice.
          • Jul 8, 2012

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
          • May 14, 2011
            I should add there is almost never fog in london. Its always dark and cloudy. :frown:
          • May 12, 2007
            It looks nice, I cant wait to see it on the server soon :smile: