Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_mariogalaxy_v1

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by Super Mario, Mar 12, 2012

1. Oct 17, 2011
    Here is a map that i have been working on for 2 month now and it is about mario galaxy with mario textures. I am still trying to figure out more ideas to do on this map and watched a lot of tutorials.
    Here is the mario castle based on algebra and geometrie
    [IMG]
    And here are some pictures of the underworld:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    One suggestion and little help, if someone can please find out why the skybox is messing up and going crazy sometimes and can help me fix that thing because it is annoying me crazy now. Here is a picture of what i mean and each time you take a step it changes and no leaks were also found in the map and the skybox also worked perfectly for other maps that have already been made:[IMG]
    The underworld is still dark because i haven't worked on the lghtning yet and i will leave it to the end when the whole map is finished. Thank you and i hope you like it.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Jul 28, 2011
      Lookin good! I'm not sure why the skybox would do that though, maybe you should test a different skybox texture and see if you get the same results. Maybe your 3d skybox (if you made one yet) is too close or something? Also, that still looks like a ledge spot in the second picture, even if it is 64 units wide. Can't wait to see this finished :drool:
    • Nov 2, 2011
      How fitting, mario making a mario themed map :grin:
    • Oct 17, 2011
      I guess i might have to remove that skybox. I have asked Luffaren and Grudge about it, two of the most best professional map makers that help me a lot and i thank them for the help. I will use militia_hdr skybox because it is my favourite one and looks themed and matches with the map.
    • Jul 14, 2008
      I can gladly say this map looks really good! Hope you finish it soon ^^
    • Jul 28, 2011
      Did that other mario-themed skybox i showed you not work, or do you just like the militia one better? I think the militia one would still work with the theme well, though.
    • Oct 17, 2011
      Nope the textures from tophatwaffle do not work. It failed to load it.Militia_hdr would be best for me in this case but i will miss that skybox. It looksed awesome on the map
    • Feb 11, 2012
      Nice finish mario! Looks really cool map to play so ill be there :wink:
      Only minus is skybox, but i see you had some problems with it. Maybe next version?
      :thumbsup:
    • Oct 17, 2011
      Will post completed map tomorrow and talk little bit about it and thanks man. Also, skybox was messed up and not made well by tophatwaffle. So I used militia_hdr. Sry for that.
    • Nov 2, 2011
      Mario there are some missing textures too. Just letting you know! :evilgrin:
    • Feb 11, 2012
      - Missing some textures
      - All ladders are broken
      - Crashed server for some reason
      - Some cheap spots & impossible
    • May 5, 2011
      awesome mario haha maps looking good, though i dont play a lot on zm, hope i get to play this once :smile: