Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_moon_roflicious

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by LadyMoOnLiGht, May 18, 2011

1. Dec 7, 2010
    I hope this update is an addition to Chodda's changes. I just love the deathtrap in the hidden elevator where if you are beneath the platform you immediately die. :razz:
  2. Oct 29, 2010
    It is not. I would like a change to the elevator as you get pushed into the ground if you're under it, killing them would be fine imo.
    Also I noticed he money crate was still in the small room, I don't have the right settings to test it by myself so not sure if its changed or not.
  3. Oct 29, 2010
  4. Mar 16, 2008
  5. Oct 10, 2010
    the one money crate cannot moved, and the other has secret backdoor in
    i dunno what chodda did with the elevator, but it dont matter
    i made a secret teleporter up there..

still, if there some illegal spots left, just post it here, for a final realease
  6. Oct 29, 2010
    No spots that I feel should be illegal. The issue with the elevator wasn't the difficulty with getting them, you glitch into the ground and get stuck if you stand under the elevator.
  7. Oct 29, 2010
    Finally got some testing in on it tonight.

Would definitely prefer if the elevator killed people under it. The money crate room back door seems to only be really effective as an element of surprise, as the money crate itself doesn't need to be watched all the humans can just watch the back door and guard it very easily, perhaps can the back door be moved into the main part of the room instead of the back portion?

The only other problem I seen was it did start to get a little laggy with a full server, not sure if this is something that can be fixed or not.
  8. May 6, 2011

Had great fun trying out the map tonight.

But, just wondering, the spot here in this room. The entry way into it, is it possible to make it smaller just enought to fit one person in there? I think this could be a great spot for cading, also, add another dimension of fun, as the room is extremely large, and backstabing could make that room quite exciting. Also, to allow the bullets to travel through the glass as well.

I don't mean right away, but, if there are any updates in the future and for your consideration as well.

[IMG]
  9. Oct 10, 2010

this map is pretty, pretty fine fps optimized,
    i have 200+ fps in every area.
    all areas are cutted with areaportals, nothing from any other area will be rendered,
    i tested it with mat_wireframe 1 - of course when 30+ CTs in same area ...

it probably was an server issue.

todo

change money-crate backdoor
    change elevator - i think i make a teleporter under it

glass-tunnel spot:
    i think i close it completely, since it was made for our propserver,
    and just useless without any cade.

tell me what you think
  10. Dec 7, 2010
    I was there too and there was only 48 people on and it was lagging fairly significantly. The regular map starts lagging around 60. We didn't have any problems before or after the test of this map so it is probably not the server.

We would like to keep the death trap under the elevator. We can throw a nade behind them forcing them under the elevator to kill most of zombies that way.

Thanks!
  11. Oct 10, 2010
    i personally dont like death traps, cause low healthed zombies
    kill themselfe to respawn and fill up the hp, without get a death count...

for the lag, i will change areaportals to areaportalwindow, what are
    closed all the time, probably this will help

i can also let fade out the props, what let them not be rendered from the distance.
    (means also you cannot see them)
  12. Mar 31, 2011
    "explode" in the console does this anyway (supposed to be unblocked? who knows...).
  13. Oct 10, 2010
    i know the selfkill commands, but not everyone know it.

lets test the teleporter, since i already build it...
  14. Oct 10, 2010
    found a probably laggy area, like you can see my low fps,
    but i am sure i can fix this

[IMG]
  15. Oct 29, 2010
    I'm fine with the teleport under the elevator. Couldn't really care either way what you do with the glass-tunnel spot but I definitely would not make then entrance smaller, it's too wide of an area to have a narrow entrance.

One other thing, can the pipes across from the playground be moved quite a bit closer to the house?
  16. Oct 10, 2010
    since i read carefully this forum, i think this spot was clear defined as legal,
    so, why i should change it?
  17. Jan 30, 2011
    About the back door, I've only really seen humans camp in that whole room. (2 small rooms then the main one) So it does work for, as momo said, an 'element of surprise' If it was moved, I'd be ok with it, but humans can't shoot zombies back into the back door area as it has a self push, so if there were two or three that use it, the humans would be done.
  18. Oct 29, 2010
    Just to make it a bit less questionable, I think the spot is too strong with good players up there. I like how you changed most of the really cheap spots to less cheap and just wanted this to be added to that list.
  19. Oct 10, 2010
    already changed, the out trance is in the main room now

@Momoiya

i wanna see answer from some higher ups about this
  20. Oct 29, 2010
    If the humans use the vending machines to block that back room its really easy to hold off, more zombies would just make it harder to break through.