Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Legal zm_moon_roflicious_pF_02

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by M_Infantry, Sep 16, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 6, 2011
    This post is to discuss why this spot shouldn't be illegal. The reason why I posted this was because a sweetie brought it up,
    thus can't help myself [IMG]. Second, I was bored, so why the heck not, it was actually more for the second reason. :tongue:

So this is the spot for discussion, that is near the cage area.

[IMG]

So in that spot, this crouch way was a concern,

[IMG]

However, the reason why this crouch way is not effective spot to defend, is because the person/survivor defending it. Couldn't go back too deep inside the sloping tunnel, as there is a force that will propel them deeper into the tunnel. So, they have to stay near the crouch entrance, using the crouch way to hold them in place. By doing that, the depth of the crouch way wouldn't be deep enough. Thus, making that crouch spot, highly ineffective.

This is the second position of concern, in that spot the highlighted zone,

[IMG]

So, that line of arrow shows there is a pulling/pushing force that will propel a player/survivor toward that way. As long as the player/survivor don't crouch, they would be able to stand in that tunnel, and not be propelled all the way out of that area. The concern here is the survivor would be able to defend themselves from incoming zombies, from the crouch way entrance mentioned above. The reason why I don't think this is a defensible position, is because,

The following picture show the line of sight for a survivor, trying to defend that position. The red line pointing toward the crouch entrance, is where someone has to shoot to defend themselves. The blue line shows the movement a zombie would be coming in at. Even though the spot is a crouch way, the zombie would still be able to crawl in, due to the angle of fire. As you will be shooting at the side of the zombie, those shots actually would help pull them into the tunnel from your angle. Rather then push them outward, which is what you want to defend that spot.

Once the zombies are passed the crouch way, you are pretty much dead. As the propelling force will just push the toward you, and no amount of firepower you have, you wouldn't be able to push them back against the wall.

[IMG]
  2. Jun 17, 2011
    Darn you not a lot of people know that spoooot haha but its not on the illegal list to begin with though O.o
  3. Oct 29, 2010
    I've never seen that spot before until you pointed it out.
  4. Jun 10, 2011
    Pretty sure there are no illegal spots on that map..

EDIT - http://www.plaguefest.com/harvey/illegalspots/zm_moon_roflicious_pF_02.html
  5. Jun 17, 2011
    [font="'Century Gothic"]^ i love tht spot esp. when others are cading on the other side lol[/font]
  6. Oct 29, 2010

°___°
  7. May 6, 2011
    Thought I posted this in the Illegal Spots section for discussion,

wait.....

It is.
  8. Oct 29, 2010
  9. Jan 21, 2011
    Well, you seemed to do all the discussion necessary in your OP. Not illegal.
  10. Jun 17, 2011
    Although it is a crouch entry, but like you said there's a force pushing you once you enter the crouch spot so anyone in there will die if a zombie were to enter it. So I would say it isn't illegal.
  11. Jan 30, 2011
    Also, if you are in the spot, standing straight up (won't get pushed through, but stay right behind/infront of the crouch area), since you are still getting pushed your aim will be off and it would be very hard to hit any zombies, even if they would be right beside you. I say legal.
  12. Oct 29, 2010
    Not only does it cut off your sight at the entrance but its much too shallow to defend for very long.

Silly post was silly.
  13. Dec 7, 2010
    Since this is non-issue the topic will be closed. However It is helpful to those who are not familiar on how to access that area through this now documented back door. :razz:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.