Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_office_attack

Discussion in Completed Maps started by Aidan Gignac, Apr 15, 2012

1. Mar 3, 2012
    Here's my map I hope I've imporved alot it's been a one-week long map, and I hope you like the map zm_office_attack_final_v50001 zm_office_attack_final_v50001 zm_office_attack_final_v50003 zm_office_attack_final_v50002

Attached Files:

2. Feb 11, 2012
    Looks like you have advanced from last map.
    I don't want to be negative but all office maps have sucked always. You shouldn't waste your time doing them but still good practice!
  3. Oct 17, 2011
    Lol all I see in these pictures are a ladder and a stair and some walls. Can you take pictures of better things? Anyways, I'm with TT. I hated all office maps but officespace.
  4. Mar 3, 2012
    I would take better pictures, but the only problem is that its just walls, and that leaves nothing to take a picture, and thanks for the feedback.
  5. Nov 29, 2010
    This map is better than the other two maps you churned out. But that's not saying a whole lot.

This map is absolutely loaded with a ton of inconsistancies (Gaps in walls that lead to infinity, Layer popping out of walls, and things that look like they were lazily stitched together) Maps don't just take days to make, you need to take the time, get help from a mapper and seek advice from them. None of the maps you've made are worthy for ZM.

The gloves are off, this map is bad, an improvement, but bad. You really need to learn from the senior mappers if you ever want to make a playable map because the previous maps you've been churning out are beyond lacklustre and completely unplayable for a 64 slot server.

Screenshots:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003435102/screenshot/595842156905261408/?

First off, let's look at an example of "stairs", as you can see, the steps magically disappear into a ramp. (Also this is the only set of "stairs" this map has, everything else is a ramp.
    [IMG]

A bunch of other inconsistancies

This map is completely sparse of any viable hold spots in fact most of them were scattered props with a huge opening or a room with no props at all.

This is the only viable hold spot I could find.
    [IMG]
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Jul 28, 2011
      Based on all of those screen shots, I recommend that you start using the grid :thumbsup:
      You will fall in love with the grid and never want to go back to your grid-neglecting days
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
      • Nov 11, 2011
        Wow Clam Chowder... I would have cried if that was me at the receiving end :tremble:
      • Nov 2, 2011

Looking at the map, it has leaks too.
      • Oct 17, 2011
        You can add me on your list tomorrow and when I come back from school, I will help you and teach you if you want.
        • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
        • Useful Useful x 1
        • Nov 11, 2011
          Err.. that might not be... add me instead Aidan Gignac, and I'll show you the basics (like how not to make zm_appartment_x2 or zm_mariogalaxy_v1). :ROFL:
        • May 15, 2011
          Rude. But you are right. If you are new to mapping you shouldn't be helping others, since you still are learning yourself. We have plenty of aged mappers here so don't be afraid to ask about.
        • Oct 17, 2011
          New to mapping? Omg, sajak is just jealous. You have not seen my maps yet especially mariogalaxy that is a nice map but still I can't seem to figure out the small bug that is crashing it. I have been mapping for 9 month and got thought by FirewavezZ, Grudge, Luffaren and purpzZ the greatest mappers who had helped me a lot. You are a good mapper too pinkie pie. I have already also added 3 new mappers that I had helped a lot so I can help and sajak your jokes never get funny ooooo.
        • Nov 11, 2011
          lol Why would I be jealous, especially since I don't have the time to map anymore? The only map I really liked was goldstar... And I'm going to stick to my grounds that your galaxy map is crashing because of the cart you ripped from neko athletic park. Either you need to check for an incomplete track or you need to clip off the edges so people can't glitch into it. I don't see any other option...err maybe a corrupt nav file. Btw mario, people have been mapping for YEARS, a few months doesn't earn you the title of 'seasoned.' :wink:
        • May 15, 2011
          I have not actually seen your maps. I did not know you have been mapping for 9 months though, as I thought you only recently got into mapping. I've been mapping for 5~ years now. Catch up son. :razz:

I'll have to check out your maps sometime though. You got a gamebanana page I could check out? Makes it easier for me cause I'm a lazy prick.

As for Aidan, don't worry about getting harsh criticism. You have to start somewhere and you can't learn if you don't make mistakes. Also start using the grid, or I'm going to rape you. With a pogo stick.
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Jan 8, 2012
            Make the one week long map a 6 month long map and you should be almost there!
          • Aug 1, 2011
            You only started mapping in like December, I remember this well because you wouldn't shut up about it. Hell, you didn't even know these mappers or know how to map before you joined PF and you only joined mid October.
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Oct 17, 2011
              Why don't you go ask purpzZ or grudge when I started mapping which was this summer and yes I did ask a lot but I learned a lot too and never asked the same thing again.
            • Jul 14, 2010
              Put away your e-peens mappers. Help or do not.
              • Agree Agree x 3
              • Devious Toast
                This message by Devious Toast has been removed from public view. Deleted by PeNguiN, Apr 16, 2012, Reason: Is this necessary?.
                Apr 16, 2012
              • Oct 29, 2010

Don't feed the troll.
              • Nov 11, 2011
                I have an e-peen? Oh shit! This is news to me!
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Informative Informative x 1