Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_office_meltdown

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by carter, Mar 6, 2012

Are you prepared for the nuclear apocalypse?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2012.
Come at me, beotch! 4 vote(s) 66.7%
I already have a nuclear fallout, Good luck folks. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
I'd rather become a zombie 2 vote(s) 33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Feb 25, 2012
    I know what your going to say... Why in the good lords name would you make another zm office map? It's pretty straight forward...the apocalypse is coming and its the radiation that will ultimately end us. Anyways...Here's my first wack attemping to construct a map.
    Let me know what you guys..ladies.. think about the screen-shots and hopefully with a few comments( fingers crossed) i'll post the link for the download.
    (Oh, and one more thing..you might have to scroll down a few feet or so..lol)

edit: Here is the download and the hammer editor file.
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/21402703/zm_office_meltdown.zip
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ym9o3ergc6aadvh
    http://www.mediafire.com/?bv8uifcrcxb768b spawn fix/ obstacle

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21403406/zm_office_melttdown-fix.zip //alternate download

[IMG]
    disregard the bright lights i already fixed them
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    disregard texture mix up...these are older pictures
    • Like Like x 4
    • Feb 12, 2012
    • Feb 25, 2012
      Thanks for the feedback Arsis. It took me a little over a week to make it and overall i believe it may be better then the original officespace map in my opinion.. Geometry wise...eh..officespace beats me to the chase on that one.
    • Jan 8, 2012
      Looks like you took some stuff from other maps?
    • Feb 11, 2012
    • Feb 25, 2012
      You could say that s3th. I took the idea from my favorite map ( zm_officespace) , and created an entirely new theme from scratch. Other then shitty geometry compared to office space..I wouldn't say it's the same. What exactly do you mean by 'stuff'?
      Thanks for the feedback [T_T] ...
    • Nov 29, 2010
      Nice, but is it normal for those boxes and shelves to have that low resolution texture?
    • May 15, 2011
      Neat. I notice their is no custom textures or models though. With something you've put so much work into it'd be cool to see it using unique textures instead of default Valve textures.

Like the layout though, I look forward to seeing your map on the servers. ^^

Also be wary that our servers are unlimited ammo, and thus illegal spots are an issue. If you can just make sure no crouch/ledge spots are holdable by humans that would be cool. ^^

That's his graphics setting.
    • Aug 8, 2010
      This looks like it will be mega fun map. I love office maps they are cool if done properly. Let me know when you test it.
    • Feb 25, 2012
      Sounds like a plan to me Pinkie Pie.. I'll be sure to invest some time into custom textures in the future. It's to bad i'm using windows xp 64 which was dismissed by microsoft not to long ago thus completely barring me from using any type of adobe editing software.:[.. Although i am aware of illegal spots we may have 1 issue so far. Which is definitely fixable..Overall..i'd say its more balanced then the previous officespace map. Time will tell.

Thanks for the feedback MasterChodda... I'll be sure to pm you when and if it gets tested.
    • Feb 11, 2012
      Well glass texture look rubbish so change it, fps is bad? Let me have look on gameplay
    • Jul 28, 2011
      Looks nice, but judging by your fps in every screen shot it will be very laggy :O
    • Feb 25, 2012
      haha...Yeah excuse my shitty rig. I decided to up the graphic settings for a better appealing screenshot. No worries...i level off at a sexy 150fps at medium ish settings.
      2.8ghz dualcore
      4200 radeon
      8gigram
      • Like Like x 1
      • Nov 2, 2011
      • Mar 5, 2012
      • Feb 25, 2012
        Thanks for the feedback ..hopefully in the near future some random mapper will decide to spiff it up..pimp it out..whatever it may be
      • Oct 17, 2011
        Cool map yo. Also i like officemaps too because last time i played officespace my score was 157-0 and i hope i can get the score on the new office map that is coming out. Anyways, good luck on it.:thumbsup:
        • Winner Winner x 1
        • Feb 25, 2012
          yessir...i wouldn't doubt you could achieve that score. Keep in mind i made sure to re-balance the map.. The outside walls have 2 ways of entry now. Zombies can walk across the fence and boost up . They can also boost up on the crates near the parking lot( i think ..also debating to remove this or not). The lower levels have spots similiar to the 2nd floor of officepsace ( in the far back with the industrial shelves) . I also included the nuclear rod section to require 2 players shooting in a cross section ..successfully causing a zombie to fall in the nuclear reactor and frying upon contact..Burn baby burn!!
        • Feb 25, 2012
          You should be able to edit your OP now, I've changed the permissions on registered users to allow them to edit posts indefinitely, was set to a timer before.
          • Like Like x 1