Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Legal zm_officerush_betav7

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by Devious Toast, Sep 4, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 1, 2011
    On this map, one of the washrooms, players can open one of the doors and basically body block it preventing zombies from opening it. I understand that on other maps such as 4way tunnel this practice is not allowed and I think it's the same for this spot. A player opens the door to the first stall on this one washroom, and stand behind it wedging themselves between the door and the stall divider which forces the door to reopen, zombies can't open it enough to run past, and can't jump over it either.

Attached is this screen shot of a player doing it, using the other door as a wedge behind him preventing the front door from opening

[IMG]
  2. May 20, 2011
    It's the same rule (body blocking), so it's definitly not allowed.
  3. Jun 23, 2010
    I thought one person was fine, since you can push them out the way. But 2 person is not okay. xD
  4. Oct 29, 2010

-__-

lol
  5. Oct 10, 2010
  6. Aug 1, 2011
    seems most people don't think about it, and on this map, it only takes 1 person to block the door.
  7. Oct 29, 2010
    It was never in the illegal spot list. And I've witnessed anybody do this before. . .until I saw the screenshot.

EDIT: Plus: T's spawn there. The washroom is (extremely) cramped. When the chaos and the frenzy ensues, everyone in that area are at maximum risk of being zombified.

Naturally, using the doors as something useful isn't really the first thing in their minds.

EDIT II: But yea, calling Harvey. . .
  8. Oct 29, 2010
    If this is actually unbreakable then I would not allow it, but I'd have to know for sure that theres no way to push it closed and/or squeeze through one way or another.
  9. Oct 27, 2010
    People sometimes get tagged standing there, but its rare. If someone is standing behind the first guy then it is impossible (At least I personally have never seen the zombies open the door when two are standing behind it). I've recently enforced it when two were doing just that, I don't know if that was the wrong call but whatever.
  10. Dec 7, 2010
    I have personally observed humans getting tagged from beneath the bathroom door, but as 127 indicated not very consistently. I'll try and confirm if that door can be propped open with only a single individual or if there are other factors involved.
  11. Feb 21, 2007
    It used to be way back when, that only two humans one sitting in front of the other, could glitch the door open like that. If it was only one human, the door would still try to close.
  12. Jan 5, 2007
    That's how it works. I've personally broken through spots like that when someone tried body blocking a bathroom door on their own. I've even used it myself before as a last resort, and I can say for certain that a large enough rush can get through. Like someone said, it's easy to keep spamming it closed and knock them out of the way enough for a zombie to slip in. I've also had some cases where I've been able to tag their feet.

I see no reason that the spot should be illegal. The only thing punishable in my opinion would be if they body blocked it with more than one person, which as of recently has been made illegal.
  13. Aug 1, 2011
    I would need someone to help me with testing this to see if the door blocks zombies from coming through. I know for a fact that one person can cause the door to only partially close and then it reopens again, I've tried this. I would need to be tested is if the zombies can get through in that fraction of a second when the door is closing and reopening.
  14. Feb 1, 2011
    I've seen this spot used countless times, and have never seen the door move or anyone get tagged as long as they were behind the door.

The only time people get tagged is if they walk up to the crack between the door and the wall, rather than standing directly behind the door.

If one guy sits behind the door and keeps it open, and all others hold back, the spot is impenetrable. The crack between the door and the wall (when the door is stuck open), is not large enough to allows humans or zombies to pass at all - crouched or not.

This should be enforced as glitching / body blocking IMO, despite the fact that only one person is needed to keep the door open.

EDIT: To clarify, this particular door does NOT EVEN BUDGE when there is one person sitting behind it. I'm not sure why it doesn't push the person away (like the doors on 4waytunnel).
  15. Jan 30, 2011
    I have never seen humans get tagged in that spot when I play on the server, even with just one human glitching the door. Since on 4way it is illegal to bodyblock and glitch the door, I would say this should be illegal as well since it seems extremely rare to tag humans in that location.
  16. Dec 7, 2010
    Propping the bathroom door open was just tested and it could not be kept in the open (blocked position) for any period of time. As a test, I had tried to block other humans from entering the bathroom area without success.

Thanks to Devious Toast and M Infantry this door will remain legal unless body blocking is utilized.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.