Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_officespace_redux

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by GiGaBiTe, Mar 13, 2014

1. Mar 26, 2009
    I got tired of officespace looking terrible and only having a couple of spots anyone used so I remade it from scratch. The building is 1-5% bigger in certain spots to accommodate texture alignment, with the exterior walls being adjusted to keep the same distance all around the building.

Most props have been made non-glitchy (there are still some glitchable props) to allow making barricades. There are also several other minor changes in the map.

Outside
    [IMG]

First floor
    [IMG]

-1 floor
    [IMG]

-2 floor
    [IMG]

Basement
    [IMG]

Download:
    https://www.mediafire.com/?qwmuhsy1t1497n1
    • Like Like x 6
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 2
    • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
    • Feb 3, 2012
      Looks fancy. Can't wait to try it out. :thumbsup: :grin:
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Feb 13, 2014
      • Jan 25, 2014
      • Dec 17, 2007
        did you put any secret spots in it?…the other version was just so boring it could've used a couple
        • Like Like x 1
        • Mar 26, 2009
          The basement room is sort of secret now. The entrance is opened from elsewhere in the map.
        • Dec 11, 2013
          felt excited about it!!!!!:evilgrin:
        • Dec 17, 2007
          whats the secret then???…you can pm me with the secret :angel:
        • Apr 1, 2012
          Wai? Wai did you put grass on the basement...

Also dont forget about tony's clipping fix thingy for the awp thingy on the wall and roof that thing
        • Mar 26, 2009
          But then it wouldn't be a secret. It's fairly obvious how to open it.

It was something I stumbled upon when looking for a suitable dirt texture for the ground. It turns out that detail.vbsp works on world brushes and not just displacements (unless it was some fluke.) I decided to leave the grass to make the basement more dangerous since it obscures half zombies.

That's been in there since the beginning. I was initially going to have ramps that would appear when the area was hit with any bullets so zombies got launched straight up, but it was buggy and didn't always work. If a zombie was too near the edge, the ramp would appear too late and they'd either be launched through the ramp or get stuck inside it.
        • Mar 8, 2013
          one missing material here http://i.imgur.com/WVAqkMd.jpg

the brushwork and lighting on this version is infinitely better, but I'm not a big fan of the dirty metal walls and brick textures on the exterior of the building. there's some detailing I would've done differently as well, but that's nitpick territory.

I noticed the peripheral wall is 16 units higher in your version. keep in mind that this will change gameplay slightly, as it will be harder for zombies to stack below and tag edgers.
        • Mar 26, 2009
          Tony told me about it earlier, it will be fixed.

I felt the de_nuke metal walls were a bit too plain, which is why I used a more detailed metal wall. I also don't like the brick used on the garage and may change it to the brick used in the basement.

No, they're the same height. I think you might be getting confused by the concrete lip at the top, which makes it appear to be higher. The wall remains at 224 units high, as in the old version.
        • Mar 8, 2013
          the brushes are 224 in both, but in the original the wall extends below the ground 16 units, making it lower in practice. http://i.imgur.com/u6tiCX0.png
          • Winner Winner x 1
          • Mar 26, 2009
            You're going to have to rename it. We have tested older version of this.
          • Feb 14, 2012
            A really nice remake of the original version of the map. I had plans on porting this to CS:GO with a different theme that the current one for CS:GO. But non the less, a nice redesign of the original.
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Mar 26, 2009
              I'm still wondering why it was tested on the server when I didn't ask anyone to test it on the server yet or put it in the map suggestion thread.

I don't need to rename it, the newest version here can replace the old version on the server and clients will just have to delete their copy and redownload it. Not many people have the map so most people won't be affected.
              • Like Like x 2