Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Legal zm_officesspace_pfss

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by Reaper, Aug 23, 2011

Should the red highlighted ledge be illegal?

Yes 3 vote(s) 23.1%
No 10 vote(s) 76.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 5, 2007
    The outside ledge area highlighted in red. The only way to access it is from the small area highlighted in blue.

As long as people are camping near the only way up and knocking the zombies off that roof before they can jump, there are no other ways to get up there. I had a few players test out jumping from the roof of the garage to see if doublestacking then jumping would work, but the map ceiling is too low so it prevents you from making it anywhere near the ledge. I know we've all seen people die up there before, but that only ever happens when people stick their feet over the side and get tagged from below like any other ledge spot. Unfortunately, the ledge is more than wide enough to fit people without needing to go near the side.

If there is no other way up to the ledge, and you think the spot should stay legal, then please post why you feel that way. If there is another way up to the ledge, then you are more than welcome to point it out.
  2. Jun 25, 2011
    it should be illegal since zombies cant fairly stack onto each other and stab the people on the wall but theres the chance that a zombie gets someone hangin out a bit on the side but the zombies can still get you anyway ive gotten people who werent on the side

reaper i noticed that when i actually read the post thats why the 2 line is there
  3. Jan 5, 2007
    They can do that with a lot of other illegal ledges as well, doesn't mean it makes them legal. If you noticed in my post, I said that the ledge if wide enough for CTs to be back away from the edge so doublestacking will not be able to always get them. Your point is invalid Ringtones.
  4. Dec 7, 2010
    I've personally observed the play of this map around 50-60 rounds (typically 5 round per map change). Of those times I've seen the wall fail about 50%-60% of the time. Since I noticed the wall may become an issue I have been keeping a close watch and observed the following:

• The wall fails at the highest percentage of the time during zombie spawn where the zombies are inter-dispersed around the wall.
    • Next is when noobs stand too close to the edge and gets tagged turning most of the wall.
    • Following that are successful zombies trains. With the width of the wall sufficient to allow two zombies side-by-side, surprisingly they win most of the time.
    • Zombies can also make use of the abundant vending machines around the complex to climb on to the walls.
    Since it is physically impossible for any single individual to hold off the wall from a group of zombies, it should remain legal.
  5. Jun 10, 2011
  6. Jun 30, 2011
    Its not technically an illegal spot just because zombies can double stack if there is a vent there.
  7. Jan 5, 2007
    I must have been an exception earlier then, since I sat near the roof you can jump from, and was easily able to knock zombies off as soon as they came up the ladder. There's that brief moment when they come up the ladder that they are 'floating' so if you can aim well enough, you can knock them away before they can respond.

Vent? Are you even looking at the same map as us?
  8. Jun 30, 2011
    Vent? Are you even looking at the same map as us?
    [/quote]

I meant to say vending machine..,
  9. Jan 5, 2007
    Zombies could doublestack to other illegal ledges if they used props too. The problem is, props can be shot away easily so they should not be considered when determining most spots. Granted, there are a few maps that props can make spots untouchable, but for the most part they shouldn't even matter for the ruling.
  10. May 15, 2011

So the ledge in Lego is illegal even though it is pretty much the same?

The Lego ledge also fails hilariously.

So then what makes this any different from Lego?

I think it should be illegal so no confusion is made.

Or make lego ledge legal.

As you say, it doesn't stand for very long.

I think maybe we no longer need a restriction on ledges since the player base has adapted well to them.
  11. Jan 5, 2007
    Just a quick reminder. If you vote no, and want it to stay legal, please post your reasoning. Just voting without any clear reason will invalidate your vote for the purpose of this thread.
  12. May 6, 2011
    Though it is true there is only one method up there, but that entry area is very wide to mass many zombies. If the entry way is narrow and restrictive, then this would be more of an argument.

But, I have observed too for that spot to fail so many times. That is why I wouldn't say it is illegal.

The key factors for this spot for this spot to be legal,

There are just far too many methods up there, but the ledge is quite wide too for zombies to maneuver.
    Aside from the methods mentioned, such as
    Double Stacking - to get the ppl too close to the outside of the ledge,
    Zombie Train - Good teamwork for zombies
    Spawning Zombies - On the ledges

Other more irregular methods not mentioned are,

Zombies Launched
    • Not legal, but if done as accident it is fine (but pls note if you are caught launching on purpose, you will be removed from game). Not by knife launching, but if zombies were standing on top of the building in the middle of the map. They can be launched crossed to the the other end of the ledge, if survivor were shooting at them with an AWP.
    • They can be launched when a "nub" (my coined term, LOL) throws a grenade down at zombies below them. Giving them an unknowing helping hand, to lift them up with the explosion.

Pushed/Propelled
    • Sometimes because there are far too many people on the ledges, with people on two confronting sides. Shooting and pushing a zombie or hordes of them into the other side.
    • Also, this could be done when a "nub" throws a grenade too perfectly behind zombie(s) propelling them forward at you with incredible force of speed.
  13. Dec 7, 2010
    Here are the differences between officesspace and Lego:
    • On Lego it is impossible for humans to get tagged from below from zombies.
    • You do not have the ability to attack side-by-side on the Lego wall.
    • You do not have any maneuvering room (to move around) on the wall.
    • Due to the lack of maneuvering room it is extremely difficult to have a successful zombie train.
  14. Jan 30, 2011

1) If you are by the fence area where there is an open corner on the ledge, you can easily shoot zombies off one by one making it near impossible to zombie train.

2) To fit side by side on the ledge is very hard under normal circumstances, let alone while being under fire. It is very easy to walk off the ledge whilst trying to walk beside another zombie.

Even though I am making points toward why it should be illegal, my thoughts are that it should stay legal. Due to the entrance onto the wall can be used on both sides, although the side that is a little farther away from the wall on the roof of the building can only be achieved by admin/donor skin and double stacking zombies jumping, making one more little entry that could be classified as the same one used to get onto the wall that the OP has said.
  15. Aug 1, 2011
    Personally, I think this should remain legal, if it becomes illegal there should be a major review of some of the maps on the server, since some of the most popular maps have very similar spots. battleforce for example, where some of the spots are a lot harder to get to as a zombie than this map.

Also I would think zombies would be able to go from the roof of the main building to the ledge, it is a long jump, but with bhop or stack jumping, it should be able to reach the edge, especially if the have donator/admin skins. I haven't tried this on the server, but on stock conditions, you can almost do it as a human.
  16. Jan 5, 2007
    Battleforce you don't get knocked off the edge when you go up a ladder, and there are multiple ways to get up.

With the officesspace ledge, there is only a single way up. As I said in my original post, I already tested jumping from the main building with admin skins and with doublestacking.
  17. Aug 1, 2011
    Battleforge spots based on direction of spawn as north.
    1: tower in the north west corner, single person can hold off every zombie with little effort since the jump is at just under max jump hight for humans and zombies.
    2: glass walkway and floating box, zombies can be shot off before they even get close to the box, and if they make it are then are required to jump to the floating box to tag the player.
    3: the 3 hidden spots in walls, 2/3 of them require that you either jump down from the top and fall into the spot, and the 3rd has a small walkway infront of it on a ledge of a wall.
    4: the ledge in the south east corner, 1 ladder requires the zombie to jump on multiple platforms to get to it, almost always getting shot off immidiately, the 2nd ladder requires the zombie to run half way around the map, and often once at the ladder gets shot off.

The only reason why those spots are allowed is due to the fact that it usually takes more than 1 person to secure them. The same goes for this officespace map, usually 1 person by themselves will not be able to hold off all the zombies, and if zombies got resourceful, could start using props like vending machines which are available in various ground level spots to help get onto the ledge at different locations. Also, there are 2 roof levels, the higher one where you will hit the ceiling, and the other you won't, test that one out too.
  18. Oct 27, 2010
    - Double wide ledge (perfect for z-train)
    - People can be tagged when they are near the edge.
    - Once up there zombies can attack from two sides (three if you count the ledge)

However, this would be a much better map if this spot didn't exist...
  19. Feb 21, 2007
    that spot should remain legal, because I can noclip there.
  20. Mar 25, 2011
    There's never only 1 person up there, there is usually 3-4. With this many people, you can have 1 shooting the ladder, 2-3 shooting the roof, and maybe 1 shooting stacking zombies. If they stand back then they pretty much have the round. So while it is fair if there is a single person up there, its not the case. There's multiple people who can hold zombies back for the round.

Also, the angle that the humans have give an advantage, they're higher than the roof, and can shoot from the side and the front. Zombies don't have a chance if there are 3 or more semi-competent up there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.