Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_penumbra_PF3 | Body Blocking

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by RagingCow, Feb 20, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 15, 2011
    The spot behind the door should be illegal because if you put 2 humans that stand behind the door, the door can't open.

2. Feb 1, 2011
    this is on penumbra, not citylife :smile:
  3. Aug 13, 2010
    So what if the door can't open. Is that considered glitching? I personally don't think so. If you had vending machines in there, and you put one next to the other face down. The door still wouldn't open. The 2 human behind a door technique is used on many maps. Eg. 4waytunnel.
  4. Oct 29, 2010
    First off, theres a reason there are no props around to put in there, the only thing you can get is a locker which wont hold up as I just tested it. The primary difference between this and 4 way tunnel, little city, etc. is that this room has no secondary entrance. Body blocking this room makes it impossible to enter, I'll enforce it as illegal till I'm told otherwise by a head admin at which point I'll argue about it with them. :razz:

Also I know I'm not the first person to say this but body blocking shouldn't be allowed either, the reason we dont allow shooting props backward into a cade is because it doesn't make sense physics-wise and the same should be said of two humans holding a door against a horde of zombies. Perhaps thats a discussion for another time/thread though.
  5. Feb 15, 2011

Ask Dillinger about his version as we tested it.
  6. Jan 24, 2011
    LOL i can hold the door alone been there many times... somebody should just fix it so the door opens both sides....thats all
  7. Feb 23, 2011

You don't need that !!!
    A good zombie player would know how to get at least one of them
  8. Jan 5, 2007
  9. Dec 7, 2010
    I have updated the topic to reflect the correct name of the map. Additionally this subject should really pertain to gaming policy and not a specific illegal location.

So the original question remains; Should body blocking with two humans stacking next to each other to block a door be allowed?

I am in agreement with Momoiya that body blocking should not be allowed as it makes it impossible for zombies to enter.

What are your thoughts?
  10. May 6, 2011
    The door to that room, can only open one way. If they can be reversed, that would be different. I was playing to try out the door, to see if it can be reversed, and they can't. Also, there is only one entry point which is the doorway.

I say, we should have a policy on this, about blocking or choking a single entry point room. I mean, the bullets can penetrate the door, and the zombies can't get to the ppl in there.

But, I fear a policy like this may confuse a lot of new admins, on the enforcement. As they may apply that policy on every body blocking rooms, with multiple entry points, or rooms with single entry that could be caded to block the door.

Easy fix, if it is possible to edit the map so that door can be reveresed, and not go through with adding a new policy that may confuse people.
  11. Sep 6, 2010
    I would also agree with Momoiya and Harvey that body blocking should NOT be allowed. However, since there are only 2 maps: 4 way tunnel and penumbra it may be easy to ask a mapper to modify those spots. For example, make another non-crouch entry to the spot. I personally never seen humans die on 4 way tunnel in that room since the window is a crouch entry only.
    Making that window bigger (non-crouch entry) will make that spot accessible.
  12. M_Infantry
    This message by M_Infantry has been removed from public view.
    Jun 10, 2011
  13. Dec 7, 2010
    A consensus has been reached by the pF leadership team that Body Blocking Doors is now officially considered glitching.

Body Blocking Doors is defined as when: Two people are standing side-by-side in front of a door preventing its' opening.

Effective Immediately rule #4 (Do not glitch inside walls, soda machines, rocks, or any props while you're a human) will now encompass the punishment procedures for this infraction.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.