Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_playtime_b1

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by s3th, Jan 10, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 8, 2012
    I took several screenshots in this map, they all look like ledge spots, therefore should be illegal.

Thoughts and concerns? 2012-01-10_00002 2012-01-10_00003 2012-01-10_00007 2012-01-10_00004
  2. Jul 28, 2011
    I don't see any screenshots. And they are probably legal :thumbsup:
  3. Jan 8, 2012
    Sorry I failed, there they are though :razz:
  4. Jul 28, 2011

The spots in screenshots 1, 2, and 4 can all be reached easily if you get about 3 zombies to go on the ramp below, which goes higher if more people stand on it.

The spot in screenshot 3 can be reached not just by jumping off of the yellow tower thingy, but also from the little pegs sticking out of the tower. I thought it might be a cheap spot at first, but I've noticed that almost every round it fails.
  5. Jan 8, 2012
    Ok, I was just confused on when a ledge spot actually becomes illegal.
  6. Jul 28, 2011
    I guess the spot in the third pic could be debatable...
  7. Dec 7, 2010
    I agree with grudge. We'll need to test the 3rd depicted spot.
  8. Aug 1, 2011
    A good example of a ledge spot is in wtf_hax, This link leads to the illegal spots page where most of the spots are ledge spots and 1 person can easily hold off all zombies.

Most illegal ledge spots have a couple of these attributes combined
    - the ledge is to narrow to move side to side
    - not enough headroom to allow jumping
    - the platform is angled, therefor allowing the human to easily shoot the zombies off the ledge
    - the ledge is almost impossible to get on with someone shooting at you

There are a couple other attributes to illegal ledge spots that Harvey can fill you in on if desired.
  9. Jan 8, 2012
  10. Dec 7, 2010
    GRUDGE, after monitoring the 3rd depicted spot through dozens of rounds, I would appreciate if you can remove that peg as that specific spot is virtually inaccessible.

Thank you!
  11. Jul 28, 2011
    Instead of removing it, I think I'll just add some pegs below it so that you can climb up there from below too. That should do it.
  12. Dec 7, 2010
  13. Mar 12, 2008

lol
  14. Oct 29, 2010
    I don't get it. What are you trying to say?
  15. Nov 2, 2011
    3rd picture is indeed overpowered but when there's alot of zombies swarming i was able to get 2 guys over there but Grudge's idea of adding another step should make it less harder. :thumbsup:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.