Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_Purgatory

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by MoonChickenDogRat, Jan 26, 2013

Should the map be tested live on the PlagueFest Zombie Mod Server?

Yes 13 vote(s) 92.9%
No 1 vote(s) 7.1%
  1. Sep 24, 2012

zm_Purgatory is an open map with 14 stories of stairs, and a very large fall.

I wanted to create a map with minimal to no cading (Teamwork is needed instead.) I didn't have any idea what the map would look like until I received great inspiration from a picture of the Chand Boari.

After a few days of experimenting with the map's creation; this is what came out.

[IMG]

[IMG]

The map itself supports 64 spawn points. (32 T, 32 CT)
    and is ready for testing.

I ask that the map is tested on the server possibly tonight so that I may complete it sometime this week.
    C&C Always

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?jqz55dalx0l7cfq
    • Like Like x 3
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
      MoonChickenDogRat, Jan 26, 2013 Last edited by MoonChickenDogRat, Jan 26, 2013
    • Oct 22, 2012
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Awesome map, might stop in to play it when it gets tested. Although how did you come up with Purgatory for the name? I thought Purgatory was some place of nothingness where you sit for a long time (not a religious person so I may be quite inaccurate)?
    • Sep 24, 2012
      I'm not either. But the thought came to me when I was listening to some music while mapping.
      The map itself is clean in brushwork. No crumbling walls or dirt on the ground etc.

I guess it's a creative interpretation of what it is.
    • Dec 6, 2011

When I look at it, I see repetition/stairs/maze type names. Maybe I'm just not creative. :frownbig:
    • Feb 14, 2012
      Purgatory is the final purification before a soul who dies in grace sees heaven. At least according to the Catholics that's what it is.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Apr 4, 2009
        Am I missing something or is it all just stairs and ledges?
      • Apr 9, 2007
      • Dec 6, 2011
        If we were in ZE, this would be one hilarious discussion.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Feb 14, 2012
          Not sure what you mean. I looked that up on Wikipedia.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
        • Dec 6, 2011
          I meant the discussion that would spew from it. Only if you were drunk of course.
        • Oct 17, 2011
          Nice. One suggestion. Add something like crates or a cargo container at the top or a small house with no cades and windows. Anything special or small at the sides would be cool.
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Jun 18, 2012
            Make the bottom floor go up the last +-1 minute resulting in a giant clusterfuck... Or nothing.