Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Legal zm_roy_highway

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by Maj. Zombie, Jun 22, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 9, 2013

This spot is impossible to get humans with more then 2 humans. Please consider making this illegal.

Attached Files:

2. Oct 29, 2010
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Feb 21, 2007
      I dont think anything in our rules makes it illegal (vent, ledge, etc)
    • Oct 29, 2010
      The discussion regarding this particular spot has already been bludgeoned to death.

There exists at least two threads with extensive discussion; not illegal.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Sep 6, 2010
        Yes, I agree too. That spot is extremely cheap, should be illegal. I've been playing on ZM for 3 years and seen this spot fail only 1 time.
        Highlander, Jun 22, 2013 Last edited by Highlander, Jun 22, 2013
      • Nov 2, 2011
        It is a very very cheap spot, but it can still fail.
      • Feb 1, 2011
        If the zombies knew the tricks to get them it would fail much more often. They usually take the hard way up there which is what makes it so strong. @Harvey drew a diagram a year or so back that outlined the strategy - it's not as strong as it seems if you do it the way he did.
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Oct 17, 2011
          you have to climb up about 4 rocks with an extra jump in the middle and only one to two zombies at a time.
          one hit, you're off to do the whole thing again.Shouldn't that be an exception in our rules and be made illegal? I've seen a person with an awp surviving that spot easily.
        • Feb 1, 2011
          You couldn't be more wrong. You can skip the first set of rocks with a zombie boost and get right up near them.

EDIT: However it's still a cheap spot - but I lean towards the way Harvey described it way back when and kept it legal when he was doing the spots
          • Agree Agree x 2
          • Jul 20, 2010
            Yea that spot isn't god like at all. Zombies just need to use teamwork to get the people up there. If you have zombies working together odds are you'll kill the people there if the zombies aren't working together and boosting each other then the people up there will live the entire round.

Heaven forbid people need to use teamwork to do something on ZM :snowman:
          • Oct 29, 2010
            On the contrary, a little bit of teamwork from the humans and that spot becomes untouchable, 2-3 humans and the zombies shouldn't even get close.

As dilli has pointed out, the spot is legal for it's own reasons, unfortunately this is just another one of those round ruining spots that will hold as long as the people up there are paying attention.

Your best bet to overtake this spot is to be a lone half zombie, wait for the human(s) to start shooting at other zombies across the map, jump up the middle way (if you don't know how, I could show you sometime) and just run up as fast as you can for the kill(s).
            • Like Like x 1
            • Oct 8, 2009
              It is a cheap spot but I've seen it get infected a good number of times when there's teamwork...or the humans just completely fail.
            • Jul 20, 2010
              Teamwork work's both way's though, just because a spot requires teamwork doesn't mean we should make it illegal.
            • Nov 17, 2012
              I haven't played the pF ZM server before, but is there !block? (So Zombies become solid and others can jump on their heads). That would help out.

I remember playing this map many years ago on another server, it is a cheap spot indeed but it can fail. Maybe a poll or something should take place.
            • Jul 20, 2010
              Zombies and Humans can stand on top of each other. That's one way to kill people there is by having zombies boost each other up to tag their feet. Making a poll for this spot is silly, it's been discussed before many times and ruled legal. People just need to use better teamwork imo, or stop being bad or both :grin:.
              • Agree Agree x 2
              • May 31, 2012
                I have also seen this spot fail. I don't think it's that cheap. Momo and I experimented with another illegal spot on a different map to see if @Orange could get us... a room full of CTs... and he destroyed us. I think we are being too strict with illegal spots. A hint of challenge or team work and everybody has a problem with it.
              • Dec 27, 2012
                I'm well aware of what Orange himself is capable of, but that's Orange we're talking about. I haven't seen (so far) anyone playing as a ZM better than he does. Don't assume that if he can do it, so can other zombies. He's at an entirely different level.

I partly agree with this.
                I'll take crouch-spots as an example. Crouch-spots are not that difficult to get past if you know what you're doing. The very trick to get past these crouch-spots such as vents is to perform precision jumping, get into the vent and keep spam your assigned jump-button (preferably mousewheel). This way you can keep your momentum for a short time inside the vent, probably long enough to reach the first human(s).

Ledge spots are very difficult to counter as there's next to no counter to them at all, so I understand why those are illegal.

..Getting off-topic. I rarely see humans getting infected on that spot in roy_highway. Zombies can, as mentioned above, use teamwork to get up there but all that it requires for the human(s) to do is to pay attention.
                It's very difficult to stab anyone up there but it's far from impossible.
              • Feb 3, 2012
                I tested it yesterday and I guess if you stack you could get tagged. Deto also told me that it WAS an illegal spot. :shock:
              • Jul 20, 2010
                That jumping bullshit only works because your abusing a exploit in the game, when you spam jump in the vent it forces your hit boxes to return as if your standing in that vent so your head hit box is above the vent where it can't be shot and your waist/chest is what's being hit which gives you a lot less knockback.

Again people need to get better and use teamwork it's not hard. Part of the reason I stopped playing ZM either too much QQing from people when people would build super cades or QQing when a person was alive because the zombies were jerking each other off in a corner. Use teamwork and get better at the game, lets not turn this into turn everything illegal that is toooo hard for me to kill someone at mode.
              • Dec 27, 2012

Partly true. If you bind mousewheel, your head will appear in the actual vent you're jumping in just as much as in the ceiling your head frequently gets "stuck" in, meaning you can still pull off headshots. This provides less knockback, yes, but not by a whole lot. The Witch-zombie skin is probably an exception to this however as the knockback is low to begin with.
                Also, most zombies uses the Half-zombie skin. This doesn't apply to them for obvious reasons.

Using teamwork is the key to infect humans, so I agree with that. It makes you grow stronger as a team-member and also individually.

I don't understand your point..? If there's no challenge then there's no fun either however there are spots that are questionable.

With that said, I personally don't think this spot should be illegal. As stated before me, there's already been discussions regarding this spot and it has remained legal ever since.
              Thread Status:
              Not open for further replies.