Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Legal zm_roy_highway

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by ORANGE-THE LAST TANGERINE, Apr 22, 2014

1. Dec 17, 2007
    Not sure if anyone over looked this spot or not, or @Tony the Tiger!! :D there is some magical way to get in that you have to jump around three times and say a chant and the wall disappears, but this player was in this spot by himself and was able to defend it easily. Had to crouch jump to even attempt to enter. This spot is not the same as the one that is already on the illegal list, this spot is actually not too far down from the illegal vent area, this one is in between creates and a tow truck. This one should be put on the illegal list so there is no confusion about which one is illegal and is not, bc this spot is not on the illegal list and is exactly the same as the one that is on it, unless tony says there is another deceiving way to get in.
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Jan 21, 2011
      Via the wiki. Clearly says all vents are illegal. Not sure where any confusion comes from.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Feb 27, 2012
        This isn't a vent, it's just a small room.

It's actually pretty easy, you just have to duck+jump from a small distance away. A long time ago me and @Taters tested this spot together, and each on our own, and we got killed each time. You just have to duck+jump with a little bit of a run and you get right in, since the amount of area you have to crouch through is very thin.

This is what the vent looks like, it is only 48 units high all the way through (anything lower than 63 is a crouch spot)
        Obviously, if the player went to the back of the vents, the zombie would have to crouch all the way through to get him, hence why that is illegal.

But, the entrance to the little concrete room is only 48 Units high for 8 units. Once you get past those 8 units, you're standing. Any with a little run+duck+jump, it's easy to get in. Sure, if zombies are getting in the way it can get tough, but it can still be overrun very easily once you figure out how it works. Also, it's only 32 units high, so it's a super easy jump to make.

It's the same reason the dumpster spot was removed on little city. It's super easy to get in with a little run+duck+jump, and the closet was never added to the illegal spots list on Abandoned Mall (before i fixed it by making half of the door breakable) Just because a spot requires a crouch to get in, doesn't automatically make it illegal.
        • Informative Informative x 2
        • Dec 17, 2007
          so then the spot i put up it's more than 63 units?…then basically it's like trying to jump through a window to a room, well then that clears it up…and anyone that thinks it's illegal can refer back to this for guidance.Although with how small the room is compared to an actually room with a window it would still make it almost impossible to get it, simply due to the lack of distance within the given area, but if you say it can be done, then i guess it can be done
        • Feb 27, 2012
          it's 48 units high x 48 units wide x 8 units thick. That small area is a crouch, but it can easily be entered with a small run+crouch+jump. It might take a little bit of experimenting, but you'll figure out how easy it is.
        • Dec 17, 2007
          @Tony the Tiger!! :D you know, i think it would be a good idea to put up a specific section to put threads like this in, like a sub forum off of illegal spots, so it would make it easier to search through. In case someone spots a poss illegal spot they can easily search through and see that a spot on a given map has already been discussed and was deemed not not illegal. Kinda like having it so you have two separate sections, one with areas that are deemed illegal and a second one were areas have been discussed and deemed not illegal
        • Jan 21, 2011
          A better way to do that would be with thread tags like the admin abuse threads. Have it start off as pending, then when a decision is made change it to illegal or legal.
          • Good Idea Good Idea x 2
          • Dec 17, 2007
            that is a good idea, also is there any way that you can make easier to search for a given map?, say like you click on a forum illegal spots and then within that forum you have the option to search for a map, so that if someone has a question about a spot on a map then all have to do is go that forum type in the map name and then it shows all threads in regards to that map within that forum. i tried to do that with this map with the search box at the top and it came up with nothing, i went through all 21 pages on illegal spots to see if anyone had posted about this spot before
          • Jan 21, 2011
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Winner Winner x 1
            • Dec 17, 2007
              yea that's the box i was talking about and it kept coming up with nothing
            • Feb 27, 2012
              use * around whatever you are searching. like, *roy_highway* and it typically bring back more results.
              • Informative Informative x 1
              • Feb 8, 2014
                Seeker is all about searching, thus the name!

• Jan 21, 2011
                I typed zm_roy_highway and got a bunch of results. L2search nub

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk
              • Feb 3, 2012
                I believe this came up in-game a while ago. I talked to Deto about one specific vent spot, I think Tony was there to test it. Turns out the spot is really easy to over run when winhopping in. Regardless the humans aim.
              • Dec 17, 2007
              • Jan 21, 2011
                [IMG]
                That was soooo difficult... I've exhausted my thinking capabilities for the day figuring this out...
                • Funny Funny x 1
                • Dec 17, 2007
                  don't make me start putting up pic of vents
                  [IMG]
                • Feb 3, 2012
                • Feb 27, 2012
                  Nope. Not a vent. Not illegal. Not butter.
                  • Agree Agree x 1