Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Legal zm_roy_highway

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by Momo, Jul 21, 2011

1. Oct 29, 2010
    I know they've been discussed before, and I know I'm gonna get hate for this but I'm posting anyway.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/560914741401258026/9F8D1456BA77A9C1334E4AA9B8F0EFB77F50CFCB/
    Have yet to see someone die while defending this spot. (post zombie launching)

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/560914741401263763/0886D4C721F1AE62711D382537C1E18206312982/
    This is a bit more questionable imo, I have seen zombies make the jump with only 1 or 2 CTs defending but its extremely rare. Is there any way to stack/climb up the side of these rocks?
  2. Mar 25, 2011
    How do you get to those places? I can't seem to find any ways... I'm just a noob i guess.
  3. Oct 29, 2010
    The first spot you have to jump across several individual rocks to get to the upper spot.

The second spot you have to strafe jump from the billboard to the lower portion then another strafe jump around the side of the rocks to reach the upper portion.
  4. May 5, 2011
    the 1st one there is 2 ways...jumping on rocks and then another way which is in the middle easy for zombies to do it....

then 2nd one...very hard but possible for normal zombies to get.
  5. Dec 7, 2010
    ...and you call yourself a LSA.. I'm sooo ashamed.. :razz:

There are two spots you can use to climb up to the right side of the rocks:
    1. Only a single zombie is required to jump up to the first rock on the left. It is more difficult as you need to jump over a few additional rocks to get to the other side.
    2. In the middle, all you need is a boost from another zombie and you can run directly to the top of the rocks on the right.
    With proper teamwork it is easy to kill someone on top of the rocks on the right.
    [IMG]

In the 2nd picture the easiest way to kill someone on those rocks is to boost another zombie to the top edge of the sign and have them jump directly to the rocks. With the proper teamwork and support it can be easily achieved.
    [IMG]

Bottom line: With the proper teamwork it is incredibly simple to tag a human in these locations. Unfortunately no one seems to know what teamwork is. :/

p.s. yes momo, u suck.
  6. Jan 5, 2007
    I've tried pushing for that first spot to be made illegal before, but everyone just cried and threw up a fuss about it. The only time I have ever seen people die there has been when they were launched from the second spot you posted.

As far as the second one being illegal, it's hard to say. Sure it requires a strafe jump(or a tricky ladder strafe if you're good) but people have been killed there quite often to be honest. The only times it becomes difficult is when you have multiple people there, otherwise one person alone is easy.

Honestly though, that entire map is just one giant problem and should just be nuked from orbit. From what I've always seen, the same people that spam for it are the same ones that always use the rocks anyways.
  7. Jun 23, 2010
    I agree with the 2nd illegal spots tho. Not much, only very few can make it. Unless the person on that rock keeps shooting you and prevent you from jumping to it.
  8. Nov 2, 2010
    those spots are kinda gay, it does take some time to make it on the second pic. but first pic its pretty much impossible for zombz to get up. i stand by momoiya on this one..
  9. Oct 29, 2010
    As for the first spot, what you pointed out wasn't news and doesn't change how I feel about the spot.

The second spot I was iffy on anyway so no complaints there.
  10. Sep 6, 2010
    In my opinion both spots are really hardcore. I've seen only once people die up there and I played on that map like 100X :biggrin:
    The 2nd is more difficult because you need to jump on those rocks while getting shot upon. The 1st is if you can jump off the bill board...

If a mapper can modify the spots and make them a bit more easier for zombies to get humans that would be great :thumbsup:
  11. Jan 5, 2007
    Just altering the spots wouldn't really solve much, since the entire map itself is fairly bad anyways. For some reason it would always get voted for(mostly because it always gets in the 1 or 2 spot on votes) yet people always ended up spamming to RTV.

Personally, I'd just rather get rid of the map or give it a serious overhaul to add/remove a lot of spots.
  12. Jul 14, 2010
    I agree the map could use an overhaul, but neither of those spots should be touched as they aren't impossible nor should they be illegal.

The first spot is maybe a little tough and cheap but humans do die there frequently.

The second spot is easy.
  13. Jul 14, 2008

Both spots are challenging for zombies which is great if you are bored in the map.
  14. Oct 29, 2010

Also I'd like to point out that occasionally killing retards in a spot doesn't have any effect on its legality, hearing this on every illegal spot debate drives me nuts.
  15. Jul 14, 2010
    The spot isn't a ledge nor a crouch spot and there is 2 ways to get up as harvey showed. The spot may be cheap but there is no reason for it to be illegal.
  16. Oct 29, 2010
    The spot is a ledge and I would hardly call that 2 ways up, they're 3 feet from each other and in the same firing direction.
  17. Jul 14, 2010
    It isn't a ledge, the humans cannot shoot the zombies off from the side, they run directly at the humans which makes for an easy zombie train.
  18. Oct 29, 2010
    Obviously our definition of ledges differ and you've gotta be kidding about zombie training that spot right?
  19. Jul 13, 2011
    I will disagree with momoiya's first spot, mostly because I go there, but it is a fairly easy spot to defend. The 2nd spot however is nearly impossible to get to while having a competent person firing upon you.

My 2 cents
  20. Jun 7, 2011
    I would bet I can hold off the entire zombie team solo, at either spot. I've never been killed in either spot, nor has it come close.