Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Illegal zm_roy_industrial_complex

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by Momo, Aug 2, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 29, 2010

Requires glitch sliding up the side, too high to jump to.
  2. Feb 1, 2011
    Hey that's me!! Cookie Monster spray, top right.
  3. Mar 26, 2011
    I call it Illegal.
  4. May 6, 2011
    I never played that spot before, so I don't know. Think we will all need to test that spot.

But, I haven't seen anyone survive that spot before. As I imagine they have to keep there "s" key down all the time, and probably tapping the "space" key (jump) as well.
  5. Oct 29, 2010
    Nope, there's a small ledge you can get to and stay on.
  6. May 15, 2011

7. Oct 10, 2010

how often this map will be posted in illegal section?
    i think its now the 10 thread about it ...
  8. Oct 29, 2010
    Well this would potentially make illegal spot #21. :razz:
  9. Feb 1, 2011
    I think we tested it plenty. I managed to hold off 15+ zombies by myself for an entire round. I got eventually got stabbed at the end when I just quit shooting.
  10. Jan 21, 2011
    New illegal spot thread requirement: A Dirtbag paint edit of the posted screen shot :razz:

Also I agree with those who say illegal.
  11. Dec 7, 2010
    Based on testing and feedback I have to agree that this spot will need to be added to the official list: http://www.plaguefest.com/harvey/illegalspots/zm_roy_industrial_complex.html

Even though there are many fans of this map, we may need to reevaluate the viability of this map simply because of the volume of illegal spots. Thoughts?
  12. May 6, 2011
    OMG there are just too many illegal spots on this map.

When can we expect the map to be edited, Harvey? Do you know?
  13. Dec 7, 2010
    I have asked multiple mappers and they all have advised me of the same thing that this map is extremely difficult map to modify. I am still hoping even with the high level of difficulty they will still consider take in it on.
  14. Sep 14, 2008
    If we dont find anyone, should it be removed? It has so many illegal spots :/
  15. Oct 29, 2010
    The vast majority of the illegal spots never get used, I don't think it needs to be taken off rotation.
  16. Jul 14, 2010
    This, I'd say a few of the spots were used 1 time, added to the illegal list and forgotten. The map is a lot of fun and has a lot of non-illegal spots too.
  17. May 15, 2011
    Really no mapper wants to help the community?

If I had time and the tools I'd love to.

Seriously though, the mappers here should be a little more involved.

They seem to just be here to spread their own inventions and not really help out with the community.

To edit any map simply takes time.

It wouldn't take more than a day or two to extract the contents to the map, decompile it, edit it, and compile it again.

Zip it up and ship it out.

I'd say try asking some of the newer, less experienced mappers.

It would be great experience for them.

If they have any questions just direct them to me or another mapper.

I might not be able to edit, but I can still teach.
  18. Dec 7, 2010
    As you well know, pF relies on the kindness of volunteer mappers to help improve user experiences by creating and improving our maps. We don't want to impose on anyone's good will by insisting they on take on challenges they may not be comfortable doing. Since you are a mapper yourself, perhaps you can expand on the reasons why this map would not be as difficult as others may indicate.
  19. May 15, 2011
    Editing any map only takes time.

It's not hard because you aren't creating an entire new map.

You don't have to worry about level design, level prettiness or any thing for that matter.

All you have to do is add some player_clip's and you're fine.

Their isn't much else involved, unless you want to get all savvy with it, like Moonlight.

For an inexperienced mapper, they simply need the proper tools.

They'd have to download GCF Scape to extract the contents of the map, and place those files in their corresponding directories.

Next, they must decompile the map, judging from the looks of the map you may need the Hacked VMEX.

Again, a simple Google search and download will do.

Once the map has been decompiled, then they can edit the map.

If the hacked VMEX was used, it would be a good idea to fly through the map first and make sure all ladders and doors are functioning correctly.

All the time, don't assume it will work, go through both in hammer and out. Play it thoroughly before continuing.

Once that is resolved and the map is fully playable as originally designed, start to edit out the illegal spots.

An experienced mapper can have some fun with this, making new spots out of them or just making utter retarded scenarios occur, such as teleport/fling/crush/etc.

For a beginner, they can just place a player_clip brush to block off access to the spot.

Simple as that.

Rinse and repeat.

Then compile the final edit with a new name and ship it out.

Now do the happy dance.

So although it may sound like a lot, it just takes time, not skill.

I mean I'm a noob mapper still, but I do my best as a part of the community.

Just because my help isn't grade A material doesn't mean I can't try.

And if beginners never take on anything past their level, how will they learn?
  20. Dec 7, 2010
    In any case, the original posting of the illegal spot has been addressed. Hopefully one of our mappers will be willing to look into updating this map. As Dirtbag indicated it will will probably take some time and effort to complete.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.