Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_roy_old_industrial

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by LadyMoOnLiGht, Jul 19, 2011

1. Oct 10, 2010
    and have a question for now

only left side is illegal?
    [IMG]

i think i will add a simple ladder to to the top.

oh and how fix the crane? lol
    any ideas?

this map has a fuckn ton of illegal spots o.O
  2. Jul 14, 2010
    Yes only the left side of the wall/ramp spot is illegal, a ladder would be a good fix indeed.
  3. Mar 25, 2011
    Lady, do you mind posting a picture of the crane illegal spot (a few different angles). I don't have the map.
  4. Dec 7, 2010
    That would be great Moonlight! If you can take on zm_roy_industrial_complex we would appreciate that as well.

As for the crane, I will give it some thought on how to best handle that ledge situation.
  5. Oct 10, 2010
    i suggest you download it there http://www.gamebanana.com/maps/32123

this is more easy (for me xD ) then make a bunch of screenshots and upload them and post links.

Oh, and for zm_roy_industrial_complex ... it is at leased already fixed,
    but there is currently a problem with long, super long compile time,
    and i am unwilling to release any map with fast vis runned on.
  6. Mar 25, 2011
    Ok, you know the metal bars that come out from the side? Push them out more so that you can fully stand on them, that way there will be three direction to get the players from. (Jump from metal bars to platform, get on orange crane thing and get them from above, or jump on the white thing behind the crane that borders the skybox and get them behind). just make sure that you cant be shot into the ares in between the wall and the bar, because the it just becomes a ledge spot again.
  7. Oct 10, 2010
    i think i add a metal walkway (catwalk?) on one side,
    so it will be realistic
  8. Mar 25, 2011
    You could also add another tire stack to those tires so you can jump up and stab them. Do you know where I'm talking about?

But yeah a catwalk will work, I'm just wondering if there's enough room from one.
  9. Oct 10, 2010
    i will find this out
    if there is not enough room, i will make room simply
  10. Oct 10, 2010

[IMG]

not sure if this needs to be on both sides ..?

i think so

**Edit

umm
    when someone camp on other side,
    zombies can control the crane to reach them
    CTs cannot shoot the buttons from this side they can camp on
  11. Oct 10, 2010

common guys, i need some more help/response
  12. Mar 25, 2011
    I didn't really understand what you were saying, are you saying that it should not be ilelgal anyway, i would go on and check the map myself but I'm terribly lazy. So the crane can move all the way to the other side of the room, am i right?

Hold on I'll check it anyways.

Oh yeah i see what you mean, so why is this spot even illegal in the first place?
  13. Oct 10, 2010
    lol it is even new build, and it cannot be illegal
    i send a copy of this new map to Harvey and still wait his answer
  14. Mar 12, 2008
    You could make it so the buttons on the crane don't work when you shoot them or only once every ___ or so.
  15. Oct 10, 2010

16. Dec 7, 2010
    As mentioned previously, I'd go with increasing the height of the tires (tyres) allowing zombies to reach the rear ledge area.
  17. Oct 10, 2010
    you guys make the humans life really hard

[IMG]

i think the buttons can be changed to "use activates" only to be on zombies save side

ok, now zombies are able to move the crane like they need,
    to reach every spot what is there.

humans cannot move it by shoot the buttons