Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Illegal zm_snow_camp_v1 Illegal spot?

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by Lachinos, Apr 2, 2021

1. Jan 28, 2021
    On zm_snow_camp_v1, you can access the top of the tower that does not have a teleporter. This is possible by shooting a bookcase up there and letting it hang off the edge and getting boosted up via another player. Since zombies cannot stack up there without a prop or bhop there from the launcher i think this should be illegal. It is impossible for zombies to get a prop up there. Let me know what you think. I will attach photos of said spot.
    spot in question spot in question 2
  2. Dec 15, 2016
    I think it's hard to do that.
    • Zing! Zing! x 1
    • Dec 17, 2007
      In order to get there, you would first have to run to where a book case is at. Then you would have to manipulate a book case through a door, get it set up in order to shoot it on to the top platform. That in it's self isn't an easy thing to do in the first place, but even more difficult with the way the tower is shaped, the protruding ledges and the over hang of the roof. If successful you will still have to run up to the top platform and get the book case in to the correct position, so it wouldn't fall when you stood on it. If you're able to do that then you would need another person to give you a boost up, or you being the one boosting. All of this would have to be done prior to or shortly after the first zombie has spawned. This would not be an easy thing to do, given if you have zombies that spawn that are willing to actually go after humans, and not just dwadle around like mutated drunking vikings after raiding a village.

As far as I'm concerned the spot is not illegal, due to the difficulties and time it would take to order to actually get on to the roof.
    • Jan 28, 2021
      I would have to agree with you to some extent. but if it did happen, and this specific time it happened rather quickly as zombies spawned. I think it should be illegal either way, given it is impossible to get there as a zombie..
    • Jun 17, 2014
      IIRC; Any spot that is only accessible through prop boosting or run boosting is automatically an illegal spot.

Example, The "Firewall" sign over the red crate on zm_firewall_pF_2
      Bapple™, Apr 3, 2021 Last edited by Bapple™, Apr 3, 2021
    • Dec 17, 2007
      Yea but you can still stab them from the bottom. Just like the sign on 420, bc going by what you said, that sign would be illegal to.
    • Jan 28, 2021
      False, they cannot be stabbed, unless the CT's would be on the edge. Which most likely people will not be doing..
      Post Merged, Apr 3, 2021

Edit: The roof sticks out more than the floor on that tower, meaning it's impossible to even boost or stab up there without a prop hanging over the edge.
    • Apr 24, 2012
      It's not nor should be illegal, IMO it takes some skill to accomplish getting there, but not enough to make it illegal.
    • Dec 17, 2007
      Why don't you read my entire comment first before responding to it, and figure out what map i'm actually talking about. Screenshot 2021-04-03 153319
    • Jul 14, 2010
      I think this is probably an illegal spot. It's impossible to get up after a book case is used to boost and shot away. I think Aphillon makes a fair point with "As far as I'm concerned the spot is not illegal, due to the difficulties and time it would take to order to actually get on to the roof." however, this doesn't exactly make a spot legal. I'm not even sure a couple zombies runboosting from the 2 nearest high spots could reach it, (especailly not with gunfire), but that wouldn't exactly make a spot legal either as runboosting grounds for making something illegal too. I'm not sure if in the rules it really says how prop boosting makes a spot illegal, but I'm not sure we directly add spots like that to the list too. (Light post in crazyhouse factory, letter ledge in firewall, couple other spots too etc..
      • Informative Informative x 2
      • Jun 17, 2014
        I can see how it would be difficult for zombies to get to that spot. Since it does take two props and a boost to get up there. However, the thing that is swaying it for me is the time to actually accomplish it. This is a small map, that is basically open. Meaning in order to get the props needed and put into place and have someone boost you up. The first zombie has already spawned and can easily stab the humans trying to set it up. Unlike surf n cade, where humans have different levels to get to, increasing the amount of time they have. Not to mention a lot of zombies suck at surfing giving humans more time to get set up, like in the link you posted.

I don't think it should automatically be an illegal spot. But at least tested a little bit first.
      • Jan 28, 2021
        Sorry Aphilion.. i was at work and had skimmed through it quickly on my phone. My mistake
      • Dec 17, 2007
      • Oct 29, 2010
        I'm only slightly familiar with the map, so please correct me if I'm wrong.
        • It requires props to reach
        • Zombies have no realistic chance of stacking the props themselves
        • Humans playing even remotely appropriate have no way to be stabbed from below
        I think if it meets all these criteria, it could be listed. The only reason I wouldn't is perhaps if it's so unlikely to ever happen that posting it would only increase the likelihood of people trying to get there (we've avoided posting a few spots in the past for this reason.)
        • Like Like x 3
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Jan 28, 2021
          I guess I would have to agree with you there. Of all the times I have played that map I have only seen someone try it once, however, when one person try’s it people generally like to follow. I think since some people know about it now it might be attempted more frequently
        • Dec 17, 2007
          Doing some clean of open threads. Going to mark this as illegal for now. Although the time required to get the props in place, set them up and have another human boost other humans up would be lengthy, it can still be accomplished. Especially if we do have a fairly full server, other human players can fend off zombies, while the props are being set up. It would make it impossible for zombies to get to the human players once they're on top of this roof.

snow camp illegal1 snow camp illegal2
          • Like Like x 1
            Aphilion, Apr 14, 2021 at 7:52 AM Last edited by Aphilion, Apr 15, 2021 at 7:20 AM
          • Jan 28, 2021
            Awesome. Thanks Aphilion. Happy to see I could help out the community by ensuring fair gameplay :grin:
          • Bapple™
            This message by Bapple™ has been removed from public view. Deleted by Bapple™, Apr 14, 2021 at 11:23 AM, Reason: fkn wrong thread..
            Apr 14, 2021 at 11:22 AM