Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_space_base_v1 [DL link]

Discussion in Completed Maps started by Arsis, Apr 19, 2012

1. Feb 12, 2012
    I finally think i finished my first map for the zmp server. Ive spent about ~45hrs on sdk making this with the help of @Dirtbag . I like the outcome of my map, but most importantly what do you guys think? Ive named this "v1" because i know ill be making many new versions of fixing it or by adding new things in the map. Thanks for looking! :wink:

Sorry the pics arent in order! :razz:

Here's a little description about some pic's:

Logo
    Logo- First thing you'll see when starting to play the map.

3 Red Crates
    3 red crates- Just a pic of 3 cade spots similar to red crates. (Isnt a red crate because it didnt fit the theme)

Cade spot 1
    Cade spot 1- Just an average cade spot w/ 1 bookcase and 2 vendies.

Cade spot 2
    Cade spot 2- A two story cade room, not to many props inside so its easy for zombies, also it has 2 entrances.

Cade spot 3 and 4
    Cade spot 3- A room with a bookcase in it.

Cade spot 3 and 4
    Cade spot 4- Right above 3, with 1 box in it, kinda challenging for zombies, but not to hard.

All other pics basically describe themselves by the name of the pic, if you have any question plz reply here and ask me, otherwise thanks for viewing!

Attached Files:

• Mapping King Mapping King x 2
    • Like Like x 1
      RussianSoldier, Apr 19, 2012 Last edited by Arsis, Apr 19, 2012
    • Nov 2, 2011
    • Feb 12, 2012
      Will do when i get to my comp, I was to lazy last night.
    • Nov 2, 2011

Looking at the picture, i love the idea and it looks really neat.

Really good job for your first map.
    • Feb 12, 2012
    • Feb 5, 2012
    • Feb 12, 2012
    • Apr 9, 2007
    • Feb 12, 2012
      I'm at workouts right now, I get out in ~30 min, ill pakrat it and upload it then.
    • Feb 12, 2012
        RussianSoldier, Apr 21, 2012 Last edited by Arsis, Apr 21, 2012
      • Nov 2, 2011
        By the way did you add cubemaps? I think it will look alot better :grin:

Edit: I like the music :razz:
      • Feb 12, 2012
      • May 15, 2011
        Woops forgot about Cubemaps. Basically, put them around the map at 64 units (Player eye-level) in each and every room, hallway or cade-able area. So, everywhere, 1 for each room/box unless you feel more can be added in other locations, like outside, 3 in the center (one for each level of the center building), one for each side room, 1 for the cubed room and one for each Red crate. Technically you don't have to do this but it's for the reflections of things and IIRC, lighting to? Dunno.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • May 5, 2011
          nice, by the looks of the pictures, it looks good already. Better then my 1st zm map lol but yea can't wait to play it ^^
        • Feb 12, 2012
          Thanks :wink: ill suggest it in the suggestion thread later tonight.
        • Nov 2, 2011
          If you are going to add the cubemap, make sure to run the map on hammer after compile and build the cubemaps there.

PM me or ask any mapper for questions.

Thanks!