Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ZM_StayAlive

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by THiZzFREAK, Jan 8, 2018

1. Jan 6, 2018
    So, the only work in progress on this so far is the idea itself. I figured before making any effort on creating the map, I would post here and see if I got any positive feedback, preferably from those in control of deciding which maps are played on the server and which aern't. So, here goes.

My idea for a map is based on the garouge plantation from the 2006 movie, "Stay Alive" It's premise is, if you die in the game, you die in real life, and 6 friend's group up to play after the mysterious death of their friend, realizing it's a poltergeist of sorts, and sets out to kill the bitch and her spirit. I feel like the whole theme, and aura of the map would be a great aspect for a ZM map, and took a bunch of screencaps from the movie to post as an idea for what the map would look like, which are also pretty much every frame of refrence I will have as to what the finished product will look like. I would be working on making as close a replica as I could.

From the more "ZM veterans" for lack of a better term, any concerns, balancing, size and scale issues, or general basing and obstacle ideas I would love to hear, for, maybe 100-200 out of my 6400 hours have been on ZM, I obviously don't know everything.

As suggested, since the screencaps came out to 130MB as opposed to the 4.9 MB file limit for posting, I will be posting all images to imgur and linking them here.

https://imgur.com/a/ikKJE
  2. Mar 26, 2012
    The map looks great in the pictures! We usually just randomly test it, out to a vote to see if people like it, and then it gets added if people do like it. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries to balance it out.
  3. Dec 17, 2007
    It sounds like a good concept. But the issues that I would have with it would be the size of the map. would it only be contained to inside the mansion or would it include the area out side of it? Also area for cading and or holding zombies off. I mean having just a bunch of rooms that you could just make a cade in, would get pretty boring. Adding area like a huge basement where you can hold off zombies, sort of like 420_breeze wouldn't be a bad idea.

Over all though I think it would be a good concept, especially adding things teleporting to a dungeon where you're tortured if you go into the wrong area.
  4. Jan 6, 2018
    No matter what I do I cant seem to find any type of 420_breeze or zm_420breeze or any other variation, there a link somewhere for it?
  5. Mar 26, 2009