Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_survial_dark_night

Discussion in Completed Maps started by Aidan Gignac, Mar 5, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 3, 2012
    This map is finally really done, and it has a dark,and scary feel to it. Please Brian,and others take me out as a troll, and consider this, I know i need barracades, but this is something I really tried on so please download, and post a screen shot, because I wan't others to know i tried.

Attached Files:

2. Mar 3, 2012
  3. Apr 9, 2007

Thanks.

OH SHIT!
  4. Nov 29, 2010
    Not pulling punches. This map needs work. Everything is black, there is no spooky feel, it's just "Oh my god where am I going?"

Flashlight is disabled. And ALL textures are black. The fences look like you can jump over them and they are uneven.

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]

But hey, at least you added snow
  5. Oct 29, 2010
    Let's be honest, you're either trolling or trying REALLY hard to get the mapper tag.

Your maps are not anywhere near ready for play.
  6. Nov 2, 2011
    2012-03-05_00001 View attachment 1261 2012-03-05_00003 2012-03-05_00004 View attachment 1264
    Omgwtfbbqsauce it's snowing inside the building!

As you can see the props are overlapping with each other including that half part of the sofa hanging out of a wall.

If you wan't your map to be added, please you have to work hard on it, normally a map takes 2 months to finish.
  7. Mar 3, 2012
    Thank for your feedback, and thank you all you guys are telling me to do is to keep on working on it, and not pissing me off
  8. May 15, 2011
    Aidan Gignac how about asking us for help? We have TONS of fucking mappers here. Add me on Steam. It's linked right in my fucking post. Don't be shy. Push that button. It wont hurt. It wont even take all that much effort. Just move your cursor to it, click, and send request. Easy as pie no? Step to it fuck stick.
  9. Jun 4, 2006
    sorry but when someone posts multiple topics containing absolutely horrible maps, it feels like a major waste of OUR time to help you. You don't seem to put in any effort into what you're trying to achieve, you're just rushing shit trying to get your maps played. If we put any of your maps on our servers we'd kill the population in no time. As I said many times you need to go back to the drawing board and make some more maps before yours are even near ready for consideration. Snow is a decent start, I guess. :sarcastic:

If I were you I'd stop posting 'Completed Map' threads immediately. Start a Work in Progress thread and update it whenever you've made changes to the map you're working on. This way other mappers and the community can give you feedback and you can continue to improve, but posting your half-ass works as 'Completed' is borderline obnoxious, especially when they're all separate threads.
  10. Nov 29, 2010
  11. Jul 19, 2011
    Why are you guys hating on him? He is trying to make maps for our server. Of course his maps are just horrific, but no need to hate on him. just be like "your maps make me want to quit CSS. Your MAPS (notice i said his maps and not the person himself) are a disgrace to hannibal". See now your not making it seem like he is a bad person. He just a person that has no skill in mapmaking :wink:
  12. May 15, 2011
    It added flavor to my post. Like sprinkling chocolate on your ice cream.
  13. Jan 8, 2012
    Pinky Pie tries to look cute dropping f-bombs, even though hes a pony loving fool. :cute:

But yea gignac definitely seems like he is just throwing shit maps into a thread and it makes him look super dumb. Start over, ask for help, wait until someone who knows what their doing approves, then post here. Stop wasting everyones time.
  14. Jun 4, 2006
    and thus he's wasting everyone's time including his own by posting them as completed maps. Guy needs to heed my advice and just start a WIP thread. Even our responses right now, as I'm typing this, this is my time wasted on some stupid shit thread like this, not that I have to reply, of course, but I am, and I wouldn't even need to debate whether to reply or not if this guy wasn't spamming our forums with his shit-tastic maps. Not to mention wasting everyones' time who actually downloads the map and checks it out and takes screenshots, these are people who are more than willing to help other mappers but this mapper isn't putting in a licks worth of effort into his work, so why does he deserve our time and help? If you can't even place a damn chair or crate correctly, you're going far too fast and not putting any time into your shit, and if you're not putting time into something then I don't see why we should. I'd actually want to help this guy if he was making legitimate attempts and taking his time with it, but this clearly isn't the case and hasn't been.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Feb 12, 2012
      Alright recruit, time to give you steps to fix this pile of dog shit:

-Lighting is the LAST THING you do. You need to prune your map for any bugs, incomplete parts, issues, and sofas sticking out of THE FUCKING WALL!
      -Gameplay > Looks. This map doesn't even look like it'd be nice to play with 60-ish people on it. Make it bigger, better, and more tactical.
      -Your players want to play, not hide in the dark. Brighten that shit up.
      -That map is crammed as hell. Loosen it up. Play on other maps and see the styles and amount of room the map has.
      -ASK FOR HELP! BETA TEST! When you post this on here, you're asking for people to check out your polished pile of shit. It's still shit (just polished). I don't want to rain on your parade, but my first map took me 2 weeks, and it was based off of another map!

That's all I have to put out. Feel free to add me on steam and ask questions. Feel free to ask others to help out. This is a community, not gamebanana. We aren't here to watch you submit then shit shortly after. We are here to help out and make you a badass mapmaker.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Oct 29, 2010
        Oddly enough, the sudden proliferation of mapmaking threads (with the map-quality ranging from simply wonderful to downright grotesque), and some game-time with Unreal is stroking my itch to try mapmaking. . . D:
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Aug 1, 2011
          After looking at @Aidan Gignac shitty ass maps, you have a perfect example of what not to make.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • May 15, 2011
            If you have the patience to learn it, why not? You can also ask all the mappers here. We all like helping others learn. One day, the mappers shall over take pF, and it shall be a Mappers Paradise. :grin:
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Oct 29, 2010
              I don't have the time for it. Creative ideas have cycled through my mind, but I don't have the time nor brainpower to complete them in a timely manner. . .
            Thread Status:
            Not open for further replies.