Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Illegal zm_tower redux v3

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by MAD Lt. Pikachu, Jan 22, 2014

1. Aug 30, 2013
    I think this spot behind the boxes on this map should be made illegal or have it do that you don't have to crouch jump to get down. (just make it so a zombie can run and fall down without having to crouch or jump) Once you have 2 or more people in here with P90s it is almost impossible to get in let alone get them.

Just my opinion but to be honest it is a BS spot and unfair.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Mar 26, 2012
      It's only illegal if one person by themselves can hold of a hoard of zombies (by continuously firing), and it's impossible for that hoard of zombie to get them. If it requires 2 or more people to make it impossible, it's not illegal.

I have died several times trying to hold that spot myself. I've seen several people in that spot trying to hold it off, and fail. It's definitely not illegal.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Aug 30, 2013
        Yeah but once you have a whole hoard they start blocking because there are very few places you can actually get in. illegal is probably a bad word to use but it more unfair because you can just camp there and shoot out and any zombie that goes near just gets shot away. I will admit that once you get 2 or 3 zombies in there, you do have a chance but its very very rare that happens. Even if it was made so that you don't have to crouch it would make it just a little bit more fair. That said this is just my opinion and now its on the forums I'm keen to see what others think, so thank you for your comment :smile:
      • Mar 26, 2012
        Darn it, somebody messaged me some info about the spot. Particular issue with noblock at the beginning of the round and they all stack into each other. Also says that the spot fails only because people aren't shooting the crouch entrance. :[ They make a pretty convincing argument that it's illegal. <_<
      • Dec 17, 2007
        i was playing that map last night…and i was there with prob 4-5 ppl…9 out of the 10 times we got owned even with everyone shooting…i think it's just bc regular players don't know how to get in just like any other secret
      • Dec 27, 2012
        When a whole horde of zombie are blocking each other, only time will tell when the horde will start to stack into each other. When they start to stack, it's ridiculously difficult for humans to keep them at bay, however, Aprz proved a good point about this spot. The times I've seen people go there, 8/10 cases they die sooner or later. But that's just me.
      • Feb 8, 2013
        Yeah, yeah, man. I can't get in. I suck then. Please teach.
      • Feb 27, 2012
        When sajak made this version, we accidentally discovered this spot when we were derping around on those boxes, and he managed to get back there. So in the next update, he put a board above where the humans sit and clipped off the back of it so you couldn't get stabbed. It's just a really tricky jump to get in there. It is PERFECTLY the size of the player to fit in there, so it's a tricky thing to get into. It can fail just as easily as any other spot, it just takes teamwork. It was intended for you to get back here btw, so it's not like it's a glitch in the map or something.
      • Feb 27, 2012
        Well, i did some testing with Badgriuel. it definitely is a pain in the ass to get in. Some random joined the game while we were testing, and we got him to help us out. As soon as you put 2 people in there, it's impossible to get in. And just imagine the noblock turning on and having 6+ people being able to sit together, it would be GG. It's true though that if one person can't hold it by their self it wouldn't be illegal, so i wanna see how it goes on ZM later when the server is almost full. From what we tested, badgriuel and i did a pretty good job of holding it off as just one or the other. Only thing is we lacked a lot of zombies, so that's why i want to see it played later, so see how well I (someone else) can hold it later. I might fix it anyway because of a certain griefing that can go on, and the explosion thing is super busted (kills people where it shouldn't)
        • Useful Useful x 1
        • Jul 20, 2010
          Doesn't take much to hold it from what I've seen on ZM. You really can't train it since its a bitch to drop in and you can get easily pinned against the rope at the back. It's like ledge really to be honest.
          Badgriuel, Jan 22, 2014 Last edited by Badgriuel, Jan 22, 2014
        • Oct 29, 2010
          How on earth is this still getting spread around? This is absolutely not true, for nth time.

No opinion on the spot itself as I've never actually tried it myself.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Zing! Zing! x 1
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Feb 27, 2012
            Well then in that case, it probably should be illegal. Imagine the !pfly aboose turning on noblock. Jesus, that would be terrible.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Feb 3, 2012
              I personally do not believe it should be considered illegal. I frequently see humans get infected while holding out this spot.

If I'm able to get a demo I will upload it.
            • Feb 27, 2012
              Alright, we got a chance to play it last night. We only had humans fail it once, and that was because we all got glitched inside of each other and stuck and couldn't fix it becuase of how tight the space is (sm_bring just kept them stuck). We held it for 3/4 of the round though without an issue. This spot is definitely a pain in the ass to enter, and once you get 2 or more people in there, it's GG. You can't even use the ladder to push off of and launch at them like i had tried when me and Badgriuel tested, you just get glitched on it and can't climb it. I'm convinced that it really is just luck to get in there (there is no specific trick to get in there, it just so happens to let you in there) I'm going to consider this a ledge spot, and add it to the Illegal Spots list, as much as i enjoyed using this spot myself.

http://plaguefest.com/wiki/zm-towers-redux-v3/

I'll leave this open in case someone can tell/show me a trick to getting in there, or it failing even with the perfect setup of people.
              • Like Like x 1
              • Oct 29, 2010
                That spot is the major reason why I opine for everyone to pick the original over the redux.

Just two decent players = gg
              • Dec 27, 2012
                Do you need to be decent in order to fire your gun in one direction o_O?
                • Zing! Zing! x 1
                • Sep 1, 2013