Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_towers_redux_v1_final

Discussion in Completed Maps started by sajak, Jun 19, 2012

1. Nov 11, 2011
    I wanted to make this post in this thread (along with the one in the Map Suggestion Thread) for several reasons. First the details:

Original beta version posted on GameBana: http://gamebanana.com/csszm/maps/166508
    Final version download (on ZM rotation): http://www.mediafire.com/?6sh0mhspw9vby9u
    Screenshots:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Thanks to all the testers: Ghost1995, KanyoN, Dirtbag (PinkiePie), Tony Montana, GiGaBiTe, Jermaine [pF].

A special thanks to @GRUDGE for optimizing the map with HINT/SKIP. Without his optimization, we would be all lagging on the map (and would most likely be removed from rotation :doh: ). He did a great job considering the original layout of the map is so open and hard to block off. I felt I owed him a special recognition because at the time he optimized it and sent me the final product, it was around 4am my time. I was tired, I compiled it and later uploaded it. I forgot to give him credit in game for his time so I felt this would be the right place to correct my mistake. Grudge, I gave you the proper credit on here and on GameBanana and will update the in-game sign once there are any issues that reveal themselves in the future. I know you said you're not offended but I said I would do something, and I want to stay true to my word. I apologize for not giving the proper credit when it was due.

Other notes: Presently, retslag1 has been kind enough to allow both the classic zm_towers_v3 and this redux to stay on rotation. You will be able to play either map because they differ in many aspects. Both are great maps (teehee! :giggle:) so enjoy!
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
    • May 14, 2011
      Would be nice if you could make a pluggin that links both maps, so if towers wins the vote there's a second vote "please pick version"

This could also be made for Mg server in maps such as smee tower and ski mountain.

@Kyle <-- Rude person that just bothered to give me a rating in return for my idea.
      • Funny Funny x 1