Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_undergroundinfest

Discussion in Completed Maps started by Dark_Gunner, Nov 3, 2014

1. Apr 28, 2013
    I finished the map finally! :grin:
    Important Note I want to put out is that I'm 100% new to mapping a zombie mod map.

So first is the overview spec's of the map!
    -This map is compiled in HDR. Took a while to convert it to that since the map originally started without HDR.
    -I have counted 30 32 CT spawns and 32 T Spawns that should be 62 64 Spawns in total. (Err Yikes I just counted that...)
    -I have 57 glitchable vendy scrambled in with 105 solid objects Changed.. total 162 Blockade Props.. (I took tony the tiger advice)
    -This map has been tested over and over for bugs/glitch spots. All have been up to date with fixes.
    -I have tried to optimize the map as much as I could or know how.
    -I decided not to use cubemaps.
    -Huge Concern is Traffic threw the map.. I have not tested this with 64 Players due to the fact I don't have 64 players... lol
    -So far I counted 14 Secret or Secret Trap Spots...

Now about the map..
    So this map is mostly underground sewers and caves... :razz: Simple ZM

http://plaguefest.com/threads/zm_undergroundinfest.19132/ Old Post About the map.

That's all the information I think I could provide.
    Heres the in a zip file Download (This will update Periodically, Please Read Me File for last update).
    Last Change: Nov. 4, 2014
    not to mention I'm giving away the vmf file... since this is my first zm map I just want to see how'd I do with mapping and open for advice in improving future maps.

Now to post Pictures of the map! :grin: (cause what kind of post is this without a PICTURES!!!!!!!)
    (I will just link threw my steam screenshot because it made the post to long for me to submit..)
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=336521624
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=336521589
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=336521530

I know it's a lot of Information... lol
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 3
    • Like Like x 1
      Dark_Gunner, Nov 3, 2014 Last edited by Dark_Gunner, Nov 4, 2014
    • Jan 21, 2011
      Looks interesting. You may want to add 2 more spawns before testing it, though.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Feb 27, 2012
        Just looked at it really quickly, but it looks pretty good! Noticed some lighting errors throughout the map that bugged me, but nothing major (decals getting super bright or dark at certain angles/distances, one texture is black when it shouldn't be, weird shadows). Also found a bunch of your secrets :wink:
        • Like Like x 1
        • Apr 28, 2013
          I found that out while writting the post... Easy Fix :grin: just spawn... but I guess I can fix it while its still early!!
          Ya I'm aware of the wierd decals.. They aren't much of an issue but I don't understand how to fix it. And Light errors.. what kind of errors just curious..
          Post Merged, Nov 3, 2014
          Okay I fixed the 2 Spawns... Now its 32 CT and 32 T spawns... Hopefully No one has the old zip file... I marked the new zip file with a dot in the end inside the readme notepad to make sure sure that its the latest.
        • Aug 2, 2014
          Looks like a great map to play on! :beer:
          • Like Like x 1
          • Apr 28, 2013
          • Mar 8, 2013
            it's never good to mix glitchable and non-glitchable props of the same kind. players expect props to behave in a certain way, and when you have a vending machine that's glitchable right next to a vending machine that isn't, it's going to annoy and confuse people. personally I'm against using prop_physics_multiplayer at all (I'd rather reduce the number of props to achieve the balance I want), but if you must have them in your map, use them in a self-consistent and predictable way.

as for the map... I don't know if you intended this to be played on infinite ammo servers, but I found several crouch spots. a large portion of the cading rooms seem very human-sided as well. even some of the traps can be repurposed as OP spots if you know what you're doing.
            • Like Like x 1
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • Jan 3, 2013

Take his advice.:blahblahblah:
              • Like Like x 1
              • Informative Informative x 1
              • Apr 28, 2013
                Well you should have told me in the old post when tony gave me that advice! But second thought easy fix... :razz: just find all prop_physics_multiplayer.. convert done... The reason why I mixed up the props also is that It was to prevent OP spots... So don't think I wasn't aware of OP spots... How this map was setup was that a few cluster of props in the main hallways were glitchable and the rooms with a lot of vendies were more likely to have glitchable props in them... But I suppose I could turn all the room vendies into Solid...

-Theres only 1 room with a trap in the entire map.. its suppose to make you lose.. and yes thats a secret....
                -You said there's several crouch spots. I only counted 3 crouch spots excluding double/tripple way entrances crouch spots(which I only counted 4).. Yes its intended for infinite ammo (Unless your implying I should delete all the props?)...
                -I only worried about 2 spots that concerned me about being to human sided after playing a long time on the map...

I will...

--------------------------------------------------
                Current Status:
                - Found Decal Lighting Bug... (The bug was with a env_projectedtexture that pretends to be a flashlight.. It would affect decals.. attached on the train to make it look more realistic as it goes threw the tunnels) Removed env_projectedtexture On Next Update
                - Fix OP Spot/Traffic (Expand Doorways)
                - Certain rooms will be 100% solid and certian rooms will be 100% non-solid props......
              • Feb 1, 2011
                This looks really cool. Can't wait to play it!
                • Like Like x 1
                • Apr 28, 2013
                  I have updated and fixed these in latest update.
                  - Fixed Decal Lighting Bug.. Removed env_projectedtexture.
                  - Changed doorway size to wider some spots.
                  - Changed Certain rooms will be 100% solid and certian rooms will be 100% non-solid props.
                  - Changed slight details.
                  I say its complete... I'm satisfied with the current setup I have put together... Hopefully it works out! :smile:
                  Heres a Current picture at the map.
                  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=336982651
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • May 15, 2014
                  • Jan 3, 2013
                    So when are we going to test this map? I can't wait to play it.:wave:
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    • Feb 8, 2013
                    • Jan 3, 2013
                      aww.... You played it without me? How dare you.....why is it not added to the nomination?
                      • Agree Agree x 1
                      • Apr 28, 2013
                        That's because It was hosted on a private server for a day. Invited a few people here and there to get opinion orange was on of them. Though I'm not so sure what to do next. The map is done as i said... Not so sure what to do at this point. I'm starting a new ZM map already at this point so ya....
                      • Feb 8, 2013
                      • Jan 3, 2013
                      • Nov 2, 2011
                      • Jan 25, 2014
                        Post Merged, Jan 10, 2015
                        has this been tested with a full server?