Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_unpanic vents

Discussion in Help Desk started by Vitaminpwn, Dec 28, 2013

1. Feb 11, 2007
    What are the rules concerning the ventilation shaft in unpanic? Each side of the vent can hold 2 people shooting, so i'm under the impression that as long as both sides have the 2 people then they "don't have to" let anyone else in, because forcing people to go in any further would crowd the vents and the original teammates inside would be stuck without any way to contribute to defending against zombies. Is this correct?
  2. Jul 14, 2010
    They aren't crouch spots. All they need is a good zombie train or sometimes zombies get glitchy and can walk through each other, that usually works too. Then there's the bhoppers that go through the front. Cheap spot, fails sometimes, nothing to really do :razz:

The people in it can't block though.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Feb 3, 2012
      I believe this would fall under blocking access for other humans which is against server rules.
    • Feb 27, 2012

That's a good strategy.

Incorrect. If they block other humans from getting in, then, well, they're blocking.

It is a very cheap spot, but it fails. Some of us Grasshopper members have found a new way to get in through the stairs side (it's a pain in the ass and hard to do, though). The vent is not a crouch spot. I don't like that spot either, it's way too OP.
    • May 31, 2012
      I've seen @Orange bhop into them hundreds of times; I would not go to vents while he is playing lol.
    • Oct 8, 2013
      It is not illegal, but humans block it all the time. Which is against the rules.
    • Feb 11, 2007
      Yes my question was in regards to the blocking specifically, and it looks like Tony cleared that up for me. However I see humans blocking it all the time..
    • Feb 27, 2012
      Admins are your friend. If you need assistance, don't be afraid to shout to us in admin chat. Just press your Team Chat button (u by defualt) and then press @messagehere to speak to us. Or if you have any of us on your friends list, ping one of us. I'd be more than glad to assist you if you need it.
    • Feb 8, 2013
      The only problem I see here are the blockers. Getting inside is something else and possible as long as they backstab or ztele right after they get stabbed. Most just stay to block or stand there till the humans get enough time to move back safely. That's my major concern.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Dec 27, 2012

However, what my problem is is when I'm trying to bhop into the vents. If there are ~40+ people playing then it will be a pain in the ass to bhop in there as there are countless zombies blocking the staircase where we bhoppers need to land our third jump (unless we runboost, then you only need to jump two times). The true enemy of us grasshoppers is not the humans, it's the god damn blockers. Were it not for them, things would be much, much easier.

I guess I'll leave it with that as all other questions seems to have been answered.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Nov 11, 2011
          :waiting:
          • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
          • Feb 8, 2013